• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Levitation

nickedoff12

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I was reading through a book this morning, The Weird 100 by Stephen Spegnisi (spelling?) and my eye caught on the Levitation article.

Stephen referenced something called the Balducci levitation trick, and I found a link here.

I've seen that trick done twice by a good friend of mine, and indeed, it is very convincing, if done correctly.

Anyone have some information about the Indian Rope Trick?

The book says it was all a hoax, but I'd still like to see a page or two about how it was supposedly done.

Nick

P.S. The book was a pretty good read, and covers a portion of my reference shelf. I reccomend purchasing it if you've got twenty bucks burning a hole in your pocket.

I thought I'd be economical and revive this old thread with this topic :D

Does anyone else remember the story about the Tibetan monks who would levitate large stone blocks up the side of a cliff or mountain during the construction of a temple/monastery? They apparently used orchestral sound vibrations to perform the levitation. The acoustic vibrations were manipulated by precise arrangement of a singing, chanting choir and various instruments.

The story featured back in an old Forum article in FT IIRC, it was very interesting; apparently the event was filmed and the footage became something of an academic esoteric myth in certain circles.

I found this detailed article about the case online,
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/antigravityworldgrid/ciencia_antigravityworldgrid08.htm

Attachments

• antigravitywg106.gif
    antigravitywg106.gif
    36.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by a moderator:
Thought I'd bump this old thread as I've been thinking about it today and was wondering if anyone knows what FT the article was featured in?

The Balducci levitation trick:

David Blaine has since gone a little further:

David Blaine has since gone a little further

Vertically, yes indeed, in that video he certainly does. Assuming an absence of inherent supernatural capability on DB's part (I'm like that) is this just post-production layer zoom?

I would've preferred a kevlar lanyard onto a body-length titanium step-rod, under his instep, through his belt and plunged though an under-arm chest-line of fishing gut coming from his teeshirt arm. Mech before tech, 'n all.

Come on team, we need a proper plot-spoiler / bust on this, now.

I'm going to hold my breath, like McVeigh's executioner, until we get a full answer. Clock's ticking....

Vertically, yes indeed, in that video he certainly does. Assuming an absence of inherent supernatural capability on DB's part (I'm like that) is this just post-production layer zoom?

I would've preferred a kevlar lanyard onto a body-length titanium step-rod, under his instep, through his belt and plunged though an under-arm chest-line of fishing gut coming from his teeshirt arm. Mech before tech, 'n all.

Come on team, we need a proper plot-spoiler / bust on this, now.

I'm going to hold my breath, like McVeigh's executioner, until we get a full answer. Clock's ticking....

Blaine does the normal Balducci Levitation in front of the punters in the street (it's impressive enough when done well) and the both feet off the ground stuff is then filmed with the usual mechanical aids and the punters' reactions to the Balducci are edited in.

I thought I'd be economical and revive this old thread with this topic :D

Does anyone else remember the story about the Tibetan monks who would levitate large stone blocks up the side of a cliff or mountain during the construction of a temple/monastery? They apparently used orchestral sound vibrations to perform the levitation. The acoustic vibrations were manipulated by precise arrangement of a singing, chanting choir and various instruments.

The story featured back in an old Forum article in FT IIRC, it was very interesting; apparently the event was filmed and the footage became something of an academic esoteric myth in certain circles.

I found this detailed article about the case online,
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/antigravityworldgrid/ciencia_antigravityworldgrid08.htm

Just did a quick bit of reading and it turns out that this was supposedly documented on two films by a Dr. Jarl but the films were subsequently confiscated by the English society behind his trip.

For the record, Henry Kjellsson was a civil engineer who worked for the Department of Defence. He designed and built aircraft and seemed to be a normal chap. However, his private studies were based on religion, ancient societies and technologies. His works are called "speculative" by Swedish scholars.

Does anyone know which FT featured the article on this story? My archive of old issues is over in Ireland so I can't go hunting until next over there.

Edit*
Also just re-attached the book cover in the original post, the old image had vanished.

Last edited:
Home was able to levitate indoors on a number of occasions, in full light, on one occasion, iirc, a woman tried to grab his arm and pull him down, but he kept going up. Once he possibly levitated, exited a window then levitated around outside of house and entered through a different window. He caused instruments to play in locked cages at a distance, etc. According to his autobiography, Home believed his feats were the result of friendly spirits that helped him. It was necessary for him to enter a trance state for the phenomena to occur. When levitating, Home described the feeling as some kind of large hand below him, lifting him up.

Back