• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

LGBT Sandwich: Is That Queer Or What?

Ermintruder

The greatest risk is to risk nothing at all...
I saw this in the flesh crumb yesterday, at a motorway service station it's a Marks & Spencer Lettuce, Guacamole, Bacon & Tomato sandwich.
20190730_175558.jpg

Which is a bit queer- or is it?

I did expect there'd be lots about this on the internet...and oh yes there is.
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/05/02/marks-and-spencer-lgbt-sandwich-dividing-opinion/

I'd never seen or heard of anything about this before, at all. Apparently it's been getting screamed about for months, but I certainly heard nothing until having seen it, ashelfed, and for purchase.

It seems like either an utter crazy bit of cross-branding....or perhaps a calculated critique of modern-world insanities.

i've seen these. i think it was launched for Pride month. still rather silly though even if it does raise money for charidee.

And it still has that mayonaise gak that all m&s sarnies have. bleugh.

Yea, someone on here mentioned it either in a thread of its own or on one already up

My old housemate is homosexual and, funnily enough, he enjoys pretty much the same food as I do.

It's hard to believe, I know, but there may be almost no link between sexuality and diet.

Just to add: looking at the photo, I notice that that's a seriously unhealthy sandwich!

You might as well go for the egg & bacon one beside it.

I saw this in the flesh crumb yesterday, at a motorway service station it's a Marks & Spencer Lettuce, Guacamole, Bacon & Tomato sandwich.View attachment 19294

Which is a bit queer- or is it?

I did expect there'd be lots about this on the internet...and oh yes there is.
https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/05/02/marks-and-spencer-lgbt-sandwich-dividing-opinion/

I'd never seen or heard of anything about this before, at all. Apparently it's been getting screamed about for months, but I certainly heard nothing until having seen it, ashelfed, and for purchase.

It seems like either an utter crazy bit of cross-branding....or perhaps a calculated critique of modern-world insanities.

ROYGWTF?

What happened to the blue in the rainbow?

My old housemate is homosexual and, funnily enough, he enjoys pretty much the same food as I do.

It's hard to believe, I know, but there may be almost no link between sexuality and diet.
I don't know, I used to live with a gay guy who microwaved freezer pizzas. Nowt queer as folk.

RE the sandwich, it's an example of 'pinkwashing', or as it's now known, 'rainbowwashing' brands.

LGBT is so last year. I remember when it was "Lesbian and Gay", then LGB, then LGBT. Last I can recall, it was LGBTQI+. The term is becoming so inclusive that it will soon be quicker to list those who are excluded.

Therefore, surely a suitable charity sandwich would be Lettuce, Guacamole, Bacon, Tomato, Quorn, Italian herbs, and a mystery bonus ingredient.

I suggest the initials JP, for "Just People". Then we could stop defining each other by our sexuality, get along with each other, and have Jalapeño Pepper with everything.

Who'd a thunk it?

As a straight, white male I'll just stick to cucumber sandwiches.

Another boring white guy here. I like peanut butter.

The sandwich was said to be invented by the Fourth Earl of Sandwich , First Lord of The Admiralty, who wanted a snack while gambling. He was also a member of The Hellfire Club and started an affair while his wife drifted into insanity.

You have to be careful when appropriating lunchtime snacks for causes.

Back