Lightning Strikes

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

Trevp666

Reaction score
The volts.
The jolts.
The end.

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Hit in mid-air!

A Texas teen struck a golf ball, which was then, incredibly, struck by lightning. He was out with his friends at Topgolf in San Antonio when the golf ball flashed in mid-air along with a popping sound. His friends screamed while he ducked and jumped back. Fortunately nobody was injured.

One of his friends happened to catch the footage on her phone:

https://boingboing.net/2021/07/13/w...golf-ball-is-struck-by-lightning-mid-air.html

Trevp666

Reaction score
Yeah cos screaming always helps in any situation doesn't it, lol.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Four people were injured by a lightning strike at the Grand Canyon.
Lightning strike injures at least 4 people at Grand Canyon National Park

... According to information from the National Park Service, someone reported multiple people struck by lightning at the Bright Angel Trailhead at about 2:50 p.m. on Tuesday, July 20.

A 30-year-old man and a 28-year-old woman were found unresponsive, but the man regained consciousness on his own.

CPR and advanced life-saving interventions were performed on the woman, and she regained a pulse, before being taken to a hospital in Flagstaff. ...

Air transport was not available because of significant storm activity, so both patients were taken by ground transportation to the Flagstaff Medical Center. The woman is stable at a regional burn center.

At least two other patients took themselves to the Grand Canyon Clinic for treatment of lightning splash injuries.
SOURCE: https://www.kold.com/2021/07/21/lig...-4-people-injured-grand-canyon-national-park/

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Snowdon: Two women hit by lightning at mountain summit

Two women are "very lucky" to be alive say rescuers, after they were hit by lightning on the summit of Snowdon, Wales' highest mountain.

The pair were in a five-strong group by its 3,560ft (1,085m) peak when they were struck just after 13:30 BST.

Llanberis Mountain Rescue Team was called out by North Wales Police to help rescue them.

The team said one woman "was falling in and out of consciousness", while the other had minor injuries.

Both women were evacuated from the summit to a lower slope, before a coastguard helicopter took them to hospital in Bangor, Gwynedd.

Rescuers said neither woman had sustained life-threatening injuries.

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score

Lightning strike kills at least 16 from wedding party in Bangladesh

Group killed as they disembarked from boat to take refuge from thunderstorm

Lightning strikes are common across south Asia during the June to September monsoon, which is crucial to replenishing water supplies but also causes widespread death and destruction.

At least 23 people died on 11 July in Rajasthan state, including a dozen who were watching a storm cross Jaipur city from watchtowers near the 12th-century Amer Fort. Officials told local media that some of those killed had been taking selfies during the storm.