• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Live Action Adaptations Of Cartoons

Kondoru

Beloved of Ra
Disney are practically funding their empire with them, that and Marvel.

But live action Tom and Jerry... with a real cat and real mouse? One party is not going to escape from that with their life. A snuff film, then.

But live action Tom and Jerry... with a real cat and real mouse? One party is not going to escape from that with their life. A snuff film, then.
Yeah, I can't see that working at all.

Is Akira still happening?

I suspect it'll be live action with the characters CGI'd in, it'll still be an abombination like the Yogi Bear movie.

I always thought that there have been some great cartoons/animations that could be adapted into live action, either as a series or as films.
And do them sensibly as well, with proper money spent on them, good actors and good SFX.

"Mr Benn" always looked prime for an adaptation. A chap is due to go to a fancy dress party and goes to a shop to hire a costume and (if it was a film) has a series of adventures as he tries on each outfit, stepping out of the changing rooms each time into a story that fits the clothing. The shopkeeper arrives to bring him back when each short story has concluded. And then when he eventually reaches the party he finds that the other guests are all people he encountered on his various adventures.
Mr Benn - Ben Affleck
The Shopkeeper - Stephen Fry
Henry VIII - Brian Blessed
Nelson Mandela - Morgan Freeman
Twiggy - Kate Beckinsale
Buzz Aldrin - Jason Statham
Caveman - Jason Momoa

I would also like to see live action films of 'Wacky Races', 'Captain Pugwash' and 'Danger Mouse'.
Some of these might be more challenging than others.

Back