• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Living UFOs (Cryptozoology)

A

Anonymous

-I originally posted this in the UFO forum [1], but since the question pertains to the possibility of unknown animals I thought I would cross post it here also-

Anyone here ever considered this? I've only seen the topic given brief coverage in a few UFO books. I think it was H. G. Wells who wrote a short story on the same subject, basically suggestion that the upper reaches of the atmosphere were inhabited by large, floating, as yet unidentified organisms. To me the idea seems no more preposterous than the thought of aliens zipping down from another star system to fufill their probe fetishes on the unsuspecting people of Earth.
Some of the "UFO" videos I have seen could just as easily (if not more so) be assigned to a living thing as a nuts-and-bolts machine. Perhaps these upper atmosphere denizens occasionally float down to the more traveled and populated layers of the atmosphere due to illness or some other reason, much the same way the giant squid occasionally floats UP from the depths to be seen by a lucky few. ;)

[1] See:

Living UFO's (Ufology)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/living-ufos-ufology.3145/

Last edited by a moderator:
Kenneth Arnold believed what he saw to have been living creatures. And people have seen UFO's doing something like spawning and doing mating dances in mid air.

Decided to be industrious and do a little Googling of my own. Some of the links I found are

virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/1999/jun/m08-010.shtml
Link is dead. The MIA webpage can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/2003052...trange.net/ufo/updates/1999/jun/m08-010.shtml

llewellyn.com/archive/fate/46/
Link is dead. The MIA webpage (a 2001 article from FATE magazine entitled 'Sky Predators') can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:
https://web.archive.org/web/20020624232635/http://www.llewellyn.com/archive/fate/46/

http://www.anomalist.com/reports/fleshblood.html

-This one sounds like something right out of the Twilight Zone-

"Perhaps the only modern account of a sky predator attack on humans was presented by best-selling author Charles Berlitz in his 1989 book, The Dragon’s Triangle. Berlitz retells the story of a doomed aircraft, an account he attributes to researcher Robert Coe Gardner. According to Gardner, a military transport plane took off from the San Diego Naval Air Station late one afternoon during the summer of 1939. Several hours later over the Pacific, the plane transmitted a desperate SOS, then fell silent. The stricken aircraft made it back to San Diego and managed an emergency landing.

After touchdown, ground personnel were horrified to discover that 12 of the 13 men on board were dead. The sole survivor-the copilot-died several minutes later. Reportedly, all the bodies exhibited massive, gaping wounds, and the exterior of the craft was badly damaged and torn open in places. It was also soon determined that the pilot and copilot had emptied their pistols at some unknown target. The whole episode was quickly hushed up, and Gardner would not hear of it until 1954."

i'm positive arthur conan doyle wrote a short story about terrible beings inhabiting the skies (and causing airplanes flying too high to go down).

"The horro of the skies" I believe it was called. And I dont' think Wells ever did one.

But Roswell Rods is a bit of the same.

If that Berlitz thing is true it would be very interesting.

Conan Doyle's story is called 'The Horror of the Heights'. It used to be posted at ParaScope but their site has been down for a while.

There's a lot we don't know about the atmosphere in the region between the altitudes that planes can reach and the lowest satellite orbits. This area is visited only rarely and briefly, by balloons and sounding rockets.

H. G. Wells....Arthur Conan Doyle. I'm just glad it came off as recognizable English considering the fact I posted it at around 6AM with only one cup of coffee in my system. :D

The notion of UFOs as living entities is interesting. But I
wouldn't trust anything Berlitz says. His Bermuda Triangle
references have been pretty comprehensively trashed. :(

Berlitz's credibilty has been brought to question, but nonetheless it does make for a very interesting read, especially right before boarding a commercial charter. ;)

From one of the links Lupus psoted

"On September 11, 1948…thousands of birds of different species were killed or injured when they crashed into the Empire State Building in New York City"

A sign of things to come? No but strange anyway

I could be very wrong here, but didn't Ivan Sanderson come up with a similar hypothesis, ie that UFOs were organic?

Also, I seem to recall that Vimanas, the ancient Indian flying machines had a natural dimension to them, although they may have been more cloud related than organic.

I dont think it would be silly to consider that there could be an organic type of UFO, perhaps some large relative to the Sky Fish? Some people think that the Sky fish is some kind of life form so why not a larger branch of the species that looks like an alien space craft to onlookers? Sky fish kinda look like tiny ufos flying about, lets home one is caught soon (if they are real) and maybe that will give us a clue to the organic UFO mystery.

You know I used to always just skim over reports of "sky falls", but thinking about this has kind of forced me to re-examin the subject. The link above that refrenced the "meat falls" and "blood falls" was especially interesting. Imagine, you have one of these sky predators floating along, when it sees a pack of sky prey drifting about. It goes slashing down through them, cutting and biting, with the resulting gore drifting down to cover an unsuspecting neighborhood. :eek:

Yeah, different sky falls have been theorized to have something to do with living aliens. For example if there are giant jelly fish up there, maybe it is their corpses that are star jelly.

True. I know certain types of sky fall have been attributed to natural atmospheric occurences, but some do fall into the strange element. I can buy into the idea that a school of fish could be picked up by a water spot and dumped inland, but when you start talking about masses of jelly or other odd things it gets harder to swallow.
Have any of you seen the "glow worm" video that was shot from one of the NASA shuttle missions? I downloaded it from UFO Scotland, but their site seems to come and go. Its not a terribly big clip, so if any of you with broadband would like an email copy I'd be more than happy to send it.

First time poster...
Not much to add here except I'm certain I read that 1939 San Diego military transport story long before Berlitz's book.
Im thinking maybe one of John Keel's books --Our Haunted Planet perhaps..
At any rate..it was one of those "true mystery" paperbacks from the 60's or 70's.
Unfortunately that doesn't do a great deal to corroborate it but....:confused:

Welcome to the board, soaring spirit!

I remember reading that story in the 60s/70s too, either by John Keel or Frank Edwards - or was it Vincent Gaddis?

I'll try to find it....[sound of shuffling through stacks of dusty, yellowed paperbacks]

naitaka said:
Welcome to the board, soaring spirit!

I remember reading that story in the 60s/70s too, either by John Keel or Frank Edwards - or was it Vincent Gaddis?

I'll try to find it....[sound of shuffling through stacks of dusty, yellowed paperbacks]

Thank you... I dont have access to my old paranormal library right now but....Keel, Gaddis, and/or Edwards sounds about right. Berlitz always did grab freely from other older books. The book in question "The Dragon's Triangle" is a non-book..Just a dusting off of the old Devil's Sea nonsense with a few extra stories tacked on for good measure.

NOTE: Materials relating to Trevor James Constable and his work have been spun off to this new dedicated thread:

Trevor James Constable (Sky Creatures; Living UFOs)

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...es-constable-sky-creatures-living-ufos.68050/

www.google.com/search?q=trevor+constabl ... eatures%22

Searched the web for trevor constable "sky creatures".
Results 1 - 10 of about 90.

UFOs That Are Life Forms
... UFOs are actually life forms. Trevor James Constable has written two books concerning ... a
more recent book entitled Sky Creatures; Living UFOs, Constable ...
skywebsite.com/hollow/suncruisers/id14.html - 16k - Cached - Similar pages

http://www.amasci.com/freenrg/aerocrit.txt
... life exists which is based on gels in air. 4. Trevor James Constable reports the
existence of "sky creatures" which live in the atmosphere, are invisible, move ...
8k - Cached - Similar pages

Unidentified Flying Amoeboids
... work of Trevor James Constable, noted military historian and engineer turned veritable
hermetic sage of high weirdness through his book Sky Creatures: Living ...
http://www.elfis.net/elfol7/e7ufaag.htm - 11k - Cached - Similar pages

They're ...Alive!
... life that UFOs were living creatures. Trevor James Constable is the author of several
books, including The Cosmic Pulse of Life and Sky Creatures, in which he ...
ufos.about.com/library/weekly/aa121800a.htm - 34k - Cached - Similar pages

Gelatinous Meteors
... after 22 years of fruitless effort, Trevor James Constable informed me that he was ... The
Cosmic Pulse of Life" and "Sky Creatures." Each book argues that ...
outtheregrfx.com/meteors.html - 19k - Cached - Similar pages

Document Title
... Group. Not since the discoveries of discoidal biological life forms by Trevor James
Constable (Sky Creatures, 1978, Pocket Books, Simon and Shuster) have I been ...
http://www.trufax.org/rods/rods.shtml - 9k - Cached - Similar pages

Hvor mange slags flyvende tallerkener findes der?
... 3) Trevor James Constable fik i 1956 udgivet to hæfter på ... yderligere udgaver, blandt
andet under titlen "Sky creatures" (New York : Pocket Books, 1978 ...
http://www.skeptica.dk/kastrup/kastrup_005.htm - 14k - Cached - Similar pages

UFORCE: "The Collapsing Door" -Haas
... Haunted Scotland list who reminded me of the 1978 book by Trevor James Constable
called: "Sky Creatures" he also referred to as "Critters" but most importantly ...
http://www.angelfire.com/wa2/UFORC/page49.html - 6k - Cached - Similar pages

The Krill Papers-Part C2
... if the UFO itself was a living organism. Comment: Refer to Trevor James Constable's
book "Sky Creatures," for a discussion of biological aeroforms, of "Flying ...
aliensaliensaliens.com/cgi-bin/render_article.mpl?article_id=25 - 5k - Cached - Similar pages

The Trouble with Nonts
... the books of Wilhelm Reich and Trevor James Constable that it dawned on me what ... hush
up/investigated the story. In Sky Creatures this phenomena is spoken ...
http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Atlantis/7247/Thetrouble.html - 8k - Cached - Similar pages

Dunno if any of you have read the 'Helliconia' trilogy by Brian Aldiss, but he mentions a sky creature which affects the brain patterns of the stories characters via electric emanations. Of course, that's fiction.

By which I'm trying to suggest that if UFO's are actually living things with an electrical field associated with them, couldn't that go someway towards explaining how it is that UFO's affect engines etc, and the brains of witnesses?

And it might also explain why it is that the phenomena has been around since time immemorial, but it is explained in the terms of the witnesses point of view? For example, a mediaeval peasant might see it as an angel, whereas a 20th Century bloke might see an interplanetary spaceship.

I think that the living UFO idea is a really good idea, bearing in mind that we know bugger all about what goes on at the bottom of the ocean, maybe there is a whole new fauna to be discovered at the other end of the atmosphere? Maybe the 'Roswell Rods' are the babys?

Re: Amorphous UFOs & White Orbs Over LA

ruffready said:

Dunno - if you look at the earlier one:

http://www.rense.com/general53/wloss.htm

they appear to be extreme closeups of something. The images are heavily cropped so you can't see any kind of scale but I'd guess they are mostly very close objects - some of the look interestingly like rods so I'd guess they could be tiny insects or dust or something like that.

Emps

That 'thing' photographed in the skies above New Zealand. A giant 'sky whale'? I can just imagine it drifting through the stratosphere, swallowing any rod it chanced upon, although most of its energy would come from sunlight.

There could be a whole new ecosystem up there!

After all, with the discovery of 'black smokers' it seems pretty clear that if life can develop, it will.

The picture drawn by Charles Hickson of the UFO he saw always reminded me of a fish. I thought maybe the fact that he and his pal were fishing at the time of the sighting might have had something to do with the UFO's physical appearance (you know, like a projection type of thing). I'm probably wrong.

Well that New Zealand one looks to me like a parade float, some kind of cartoon dog.

Merrick said:
Well that New Zealand one looks to me like a parade float, some kind of cartoon dog.

Perhaps, but it looked to be a long way off, and therefore it must've been quite a big parade float.

Back