• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Lizard Man" in South Carolina?

Wow, I remember years and years ago someone, maybe my uncle (who lives in Columbia, South Carolina) mentioning folkloric/media-hype tales of the Lizardman. That must have been when I was a kid, 25-30 years ago. I guess it enjoyed a brief notoriety for a while but I never heard any more about it.

The car hood looks fake, the gash in the top looks carved. I work in theatre, we often have to give things the effects of being slashed and torn, and that looks like its been whittled down over many hours, not a smooth slash.

I live in bishopville sc. This is utter bunk. Bears are a MAJOR occurance here, especially on the off road, where locks on your trash cans are recommended. Every few years these rednecks come up with the lizard man garabage. And the infamous scratches are always identical to those that a bear will leave. :roll:

This seems to be the same "lizard man", complete with rubbish photo. Honestly, the story is worth it for the photo alone... :rolleyes:

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/29690...ned-photo-apparently-shows-fabled-sc-creature

There's more story at the link.

"BISHOPVILLE, S.C. (WCIV) -- The fabled Bishopville swamp creature known as Lizard Man appears to have surfaced again Sunday afternoon.

Sarah, a Sumter woman who says she went to church with a friend Sunday morning, stepped out of the sanctuary to see the Lizard Man running along the tree line.

So she did what anyone else would do -- took a picture with her phone.

"My hand to God, I am not making this up," she wrote in an email to the ABC News 4 newsroom. "So excited!"

She says they were just a mile or so from Scape Ore Swamp, the site of a similar spotting of what may also be the Lizard Man in May."

That's just priceless! The 'Haters gotta hate' pose is just perfect.

Yes, this is the photo from the news article above! It's not even a very good costume.

8464543_G.jpg

Looks legit. Here's a pic I took of Lizardman strolling through Norwich this morning:

TVJuh1g.jpg

Well, what would you expect a lizard man to look like? Of course he looks like a bloke in a suit! I'm 100% convinced. That it's a bloke in a suit.

But what if all the reports, ever - since lizard man reports began, were down to this one guy in a suit? Now that would be something. He must be stopped. Before someone shoots him. To death.
*googles dentists in Bishopville*

One of the canonical tales of Lizard Man was that of a heavily damaged car. Even the sheriff associated the damage with the sightings of the creature. This idea seemed ridiculous to me because it's known that dogs mess up the fenders, wheels, and bumpers of cars, particularly when they are trying to get at whatever is hiding under it. If there wasn't a camera in this recent case in Texas, I wonder if people would have called it a chupacabra incident.

https://sharonahill.com/dogs-not-a-lizardman-will-rip-your-car-apart/

Back