• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Location-Specific UK Phenomena

bakelite brain

Devoted Cultist
How about a thread where we list, describe and discuss repeatedly occurring strange phenomena around the UK?
For example, a few of the well known ones are:

Bonnybridge for UFOs
The West Country for the large number of crop circles
East Anglia for Black Shuck
The Surrey Puma
The Bristol Hum
Pennine Earth Lights

I appreciate most if not all of these phenomena also occur elsewhere, but they were the ones associated with specific locations which I and many others have heard of.

Not sure how many of these are still ongoing phenomena, or which have been explained, but you get the idea.

So... what other repeated strange happenings linked to UK locations can members come up with?

Thanks.

BB

How about a thread where we list, describe and discuss repeatedly occurring strange phenomena around the UK?
For example, a few of the well known ones are:

Bonnybridge for UFOs
The West Country for the large number of crop circles
East Anglia for Black Shuck
The Surrey Puma
The Bristol Hum
Pennine Earth Lights

I appreciate most if not all of these phenomena also occur elsewhere, but they were the ones associated with specific locations which I and many others have heard of.

Not sure how many of these are still ongoing phenomena, or which have been explained, but you get the idea.

So... what other repeated strange happenings linked to UK locations can members come up with?

Thanks.

BB

The Bold Street Liverpool time slip stuff.

A couple of links here:

http://www.paranormalscholar.com/liverpools-time-slips-and-mysterious-events-on-bold-street/

https://exemplore.com/paranormal/Th...Story-Of-Mysterious-Occurences-In-Bold-Street

In a nutshell, many people have reported experiencing changes of shops / people / strange feelings whilst on this street. One example is a man who walked into what was supposed to be a bookshop, but as he walked toward it he saw it was 'Cripps', an old (and no longer there) department/clothing type store.

He stepped inside and as he did so, it changed back to the expected bookshop (read the link, it explains it better than me!) What is particularly interesting about this one is that a second person experienced the strangeness at the same time; a young woman who thought it was a clothes shop and was surprised to find it was a bookshop instead.

I think there was also one about a petty thief who ran away from a security guard and as he turned into an alleyway he found himself on a street in the 1960s - he saw a newspaper. He managed to get back out of the street but (from memory) he could turn around and still see the 1960s street in the alleyway. I believe the security guard also saw him disappear in the alleyway (or at least, chased him in there and when he turned the corner the shoplifter was nowhere to be seen).

Visiting Liverpool a few years ago we had the opportunity to visit Bold Street, briefly. Unfortunately nothing exciting happened (perhaps cos we were expecting/hoping for it, who knows).

This sort of thing is right up my street (pun intended) :D

I wonder if any of the things we are going to list already have threads of their own, though? Will that be a problem as we start to discuss them? :)

Last edited:
Back