• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

London Bombings: Conspiracies

I saw the BBC3 doc, it didn't conclude much.

I'm sure they could ahve checked train times to see if it was posssible.

the 7/7 conspiracy theories have never added up much to me

Jonfairway said:
i thought the guys face was a picture when they blew up that bus !!!

Yup, as you'll know the point of that was to prove that it was possible to blow up a bus with home-made explosives.

Having lived through the IRA bombings of the 1970s and seen the news reports of the terrible damage caused by bombs apparently made out of bits and pieces found in your average garden shed, I can believe that with no trouble.

Who were the conspiracy theorists? I bet they all run earnest websites.

I see your avatar is showing off your scar !!!! Mrs Snail !!!

anyway what you on about 1970's ...... 2012 -26 = 1970 ?????? errrr something your not telling me ?

*slams attic door*

There are, erm, no paintings up there. ;)

Anyway, don't forget who owns all the sheds round here. ;)

Two people who live in the same house posting on here to each other. :lol:

Very sweet folks.

Well, he was at work and I was, erm, not in the attic, looking at my portrait. :oops:

Have to keep an eye on him somehow. ;)

When I went to live in Hungary without him he found me on city webcams and sent me photos of myself shopping and on nights out. Hilarious. :lol:

Sometimes I think ,why do we bother with 'the real world' when the lives of our fortean friends sound much more interesting? Web stalking in Hungary? I call you as the Bourne family and claim my $64,000.

balding13 said:
I call you as the Bourne family and claim my $64,000.

*Escargot leans over, flips open a switch cover and pushes an innocuous taupe coloured unlabelled button. A crackle issues from a concealed speaker, followed by a pause before a heavily accented Eastern European male voice states flately "line is secure".
A frown briefly creases her face before she carefully and deliberately intones six words, "Balding13, terminate with extreme predjudice immediately". The voice from the speaker grunts affirmatively, the speaker crackles and is then silent. Escargot closes the switch cover and continues to read.*

I have already made contingencies for such events, strokes white cat on lap and says, from under the Cooleys lair, I've been expecting you Senora Caracoles.

we have an attic !!!!!!!

why have i not been informed :)

i could store my meagre golf club collection in safety up above....

Jonfairway said:
we have an attic !!!!!!!

Wife in Hungary, located on webcam, but attic in house? Now I'm guessing you live in Escher's house!

Jonfairway said:
we have an attic !!!!!!!

Wife in Hungary, located on webcam, but attic in house? Now I'm guessing you live in Escher's house!

Pfft, you should know that I go, my attic goes too. :roll:

Quake42 wrote:

The public were told Tube problems had been caused by “power surges”.

Myth: Underground staff use the phrase as a codeword for a terrorist attack

Reality: Staff initially thought a Tube train had derailed and cut through a cable
I take this one with a pinch of salt - although the station staff I spoke to at Baker Street at the time seemed genuinely confused as to what had happened, I think that the "power surges" story - which continued to be reported even after the bus had exploded - was a deliberate tactic to stop people stuck on trains from panicking.

I suspect "power surges" may be another "Inspector Sands"! (Those who travel regularly by Underground will know what I mean)

Power Surges can and do happen on the London Underground.
The network runs off the mains, via step-down transformers.
(It is DC not AC as well.)

There are also certain ways of starting a train which can cause a power surge on a section of track.

But...the engineers of the underground well know this, so each section of track, (and all sidings) are attached to fuses which break if there is a surge, thereby preventing damage to the track, trackside equipment, and the trains.

It is why when I heard there were "Power Surges" which had caused fatalities I knew it was a cover story (probably to buy time).

Back