• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

London Bombings: Conspiracies

Quake wrote

Quote:
Evidence is apparently irrelevant, only blind dogma and bigotry counts.

It's very curious. Jonfairway and a few others seem determined to show that the London bombings were the result of some sort of conspiracy, and are coming up with increasingly bizarre scenarios (eg the "documentary theory") to explain their belief.

Being sceptical about certain claims made by government and/or media is one thing. Insisting that a shadowy secret state is behind every major event, and constructing an elaborate fantasy to support this belief, is quite another.

Tell a big enough lie as many times as posible to as many people as posible via the media of the day and this lie can be accepted.

can this not be done ? and accepted by the majority ?

AS I said i'm 99% convinved things are what they seem to be, I don't like loose ends , I'm a bit like columbo in that respect. its all in the details as Bigfoot says, I'm sure he/she is 99% on board too.

If sky report TATP at the
people say the damage caused was to much for TATP
and then low and behold SKY then say it was C4

????? what are people to think ? Sky are di***** probably

Jonfairway said:
Tell a big enough lie as many times as posible to as many people as posible via the media of the day and this lie can be accepted.

can this not be done ? and accepted by the majority ?

Evidently. It's what gives Alex Jones, Rense and co their careers.

Jonfairway said:
AS I said i'm 99% convinved things are what they seem to be, I don't like loose ends , I'm a bit like columbo in that respect. its all in the details as Bigfoot says, I'm sure he/she is 99% on board too.

You know that it wasn't Sky that initially reported this fact and you know the origin of the story so why should this cause you to wonder what you should think?

I'm curious as to what Sky are, though. I've got a pretty good sense for profanity but I'm struggling to work that one out.

Ted Wrote
Evidently. It's what gives Alex Jones, Rense and co their careers.

Jonfairway wrote:

You know that it wasn't Sky that initially reported this fact and you know the origin of the story so why should this cause you to wonder what you should think?

I'm curious as to what Sky are, though. I've got a pretty good sense for profanity but I'm struggling to work that one out.

what percentage of the general media viewers are rense website lookers Ted, I was talking the Majority of all the people not 0.002%
Please be helpful in your reply if possible

not enough stars try this Di** *****

The original Sky coverage said it was TATP I know I was watching the telly a lot at the time

two weeks back they said it was C4

like I said probably their stupidity

care to comment on this - constructive please

"Propaganda must always address itself to the broad masses of the people. (...) All propaganda must be presented in a popular form and must fix its intellectual level so as not to be above the heads of the least intellectual of those to whom it is directed. (...) The art of propaganda consists precisely in being able to awaken the imagination of the public through an appeal to their feelings, in finding the appropriate psychological form that will arrest the attention and appeal to the hearts of the national masses. The broad masses of the people are not made up of diplomats or professors of public jurisprudence nor simply of persons who are able to form reasoned judgment in given cases, but a vacillating crowd of human children who are constantly wavering between one idea and another. (...) The great majority of a nation is so feminine in its character and outlook that its thought and conduct are ruled by sentiment rather than by sober reasoning. This sentiment, however, is not complex, but simple and consistent. It is not highly differentiated, but has only the negative and positive notions of love and hatred, right and wrong, truth and falsehood."

"Propaganda must not investigate the truth objectively and, in so far as it is favourable to the other side, present it according to the theoretical rules of justice; yet it must present only that aspect of the truth which is favourable to its own side. (...) The receptive powers of the masses are very restricted, and their understanding is feeble. On the other hand, they quickly forget. Such being the case, all effective propaganda must be confined to a few bare essentials and those must be expressed as far as possible in stereotyped formulas. These slogans should be persistently repeated until the very last individual has come to grasp the idea that has been put forward. (...) Every change that is made in the subject of a propagandist message must always emphasize the same conclusion. The leading slogan must of course be illustrated in many ways and from several angles, but in the end one must always return to the assertion of the same formula."

Jonfairway said:
what percentage of the general media viewers are rense website lookers Ted, I was talking the Majority of all the people not 0.002%
Please be helpful in your reply if possible

The numbers are an irrelvance. My point is that clearly some people can be easily manipulated by half-truths, distortions and outright lies. Given that you treat many of their points with credibility I'm giving you the courtesy of considering you to be much like the majority of the people.

Jonfairway said:
not enough stars try this Di** *****

The original Sky coverage said it was TATP I know I was watching the telly a lot at the time

two weeks back they said it was C4

like I said probably their stupidity

No, it was pointed out to you on this thread that they did not initiate the claim and they were not even the first in this country to report it. Why do you fixate on Sky when the source of the error is elsewhere?

Jonfairway said:
care to comment on this - constructive please

No, it's got nothing to do with thread.

True.

I'm with Columbo too on that one. I (he) reserve final judgement until the inquiry has finished.

Bigfoot73 said:

True.

I'm with Columbo too on that one. I (he) reserve final judgement until the inquiry has finished.

I'll take a bet that you'll still be 'sceptical'.

Shall we say a wager of a couple of lightbulbs, fifteen bags of ice and a return ticket to that London? :lol:

Ted Wrote
The numbers are an irrelvance. My point is that clearly some people can be easily manipulated by half-truths, distortions and outright lies. Given that you treat many of their points with credibility I'm giving you the courtesy of considering you to be much like the majority of the people.

as usual your missing my point completely or just ignoring it.

When was the last time I used Rense as a source ? ? years ago ???

would you like to comment on what I posted ?

Jonfairway said:
Ted Wrote

as usual your missing my point completely or just ignoring it.

When was the last time I used Rense as a source ? ? years ago ???

would you like to comment on what I posted ?

I already have. And I didn't say you used Rense as a source. I said you treat his (and others') points with credibility. You broadly share the same attutude as far as I can make out. Perhaps you'd like to tell us why that conclusion would be inaccurate.

And if you're going to impune others on missing your points and ignoring what you've written at least do them the courtesy of not returning the favour.

I already have. And I didn't say you used Rense as a source. I said you treat his (and others') points with credibility. You broadly share the same attutude as far as I can make out. Perhaps you'd like to tell us why that conclusion would be inaccurate.

And if you're going to impune others on missing your points and ignoring what you've written at least do them the courtesy of not returning the favour.

classical debunking parry , lovely sword play Ted

how can I be anything to Rense if I havent quoted him ?

and you still have'nt commented on using the media machine for lies and propaganda ?

awaiting your next Abwenden

jonfairway said:
classical debunking parry , lovely sword play Ted

I dealt with the substance of your post re Sky's report.

jonfairway said:
how can I be anything to Rense if I havent quoted him ?

Your opinions on conspiracy theories are much the same. In any case I was doing nothing different in equating your opinions as being influenced by contemporary conspiracy theorists than you were in declaring that the public will eventually believe any lie if it's told to them often enough. At least the masses have to be told more than once.

jonfairway said:
and you still have'nt commented on using the media machine for lies and propaganda ?

This is not the "media machine used for lies and propaganda" thread.

jonfairway said:
awaiting your next Abwenden

Like a man said recently, play nice.

Your opinions on conspiracy theories are much the same. In any case I was doing nothing different in equating your opinions as being influenced by contemporary conspiracy theorists than you were in declaring that the public will eventually believe any lie if it's told to them often enough. At least the masses have to be told more than once.

and havent we been told a few times.many times, many many times.

got to keep people scared of the bogeyman

My opinions on lots of things may not be the same as yours, My opinions are just that opinions at the end of the day Ted.

anyway off to watch a columbo movie, see how a proffesional deals with little things that just won't go away.

I'll take a bet that you'll still be 'sceptical'.

Shall we say a wager of a couple of lightbulbs, fifteen bags of ice and a return ticket to that London?

You win, but I just can't find the ticket anywhere. :p

The explosive used seems to have changed again, according to this story, with pics of inside the bomb factory, they used pepper.

7/7 inquests: Coroner warns over bomb ingredient

The main ingredient in the 7/7 bombs is easier to buy than large numbers of aspirin pills, the coroner at the inquests into the attacks has said.

Lady Justice Hallett said significant quantities of hydrogen peroxide could still be bought without much risk.

Photographs have been released from a bomb factory in Leeds showing the explosives and chemicals used to make the homemade devices used on 7/7.

Four suicide bombers killed 52 Tube and bus passengers in the 2005 atrocity.

Lady Justice Hallett told the inquests at the Royal Courts of Justice in London: "So you get cross-examined by the chemist if you want to buy too many aspirin, but you can buy as much hydrogen peroxide on the market."

The court heard that although the four bombers bought large amounts of the chemical in the months before the attacks, none of the sellers alerted police with any concerns.

The barrister representing four of the bereaved families, Gareth Patterson, said: "It is clear, isn't it, that in making these purchases the four men didn't act to any great degree in a covert way.

"They simply found these places, often using the internet, drove there, purchased the liquid oxygen and left."
Explosive sludge

Dc Richard Reynolds, of the Metropolitan Police's SO15 counter-terrorism command, answered "Yes".

Photographs showing the explosives and chemicals used to make the homemade devices were released at the inquest.

A bath full of chemicals and pans used to boil hydrogen peroxide were among the images from the bomb factory at 18 Alexandra Grove in Leeds.
The lounge of the 7/7 bomb factory in Leeds The bombers made no attempt to disguise their work, the inquest in London was told

A police raid at the address five days after the London bombings uncovered high explosive, a detonator, respirators, and other items.

Hot plates connected to fans used to concentrate the hydrogen peroxide were found throughout the two-bedroom flat, the inquest was told.

One of the bedrooms contained plastic tubs holding a yellow-brown explosive sludge, while the lounge was strewn with packaging from items bought for the devices.

The bombers also taped curtains to the walls to screen themselves from the outside world.

Dc Richard Reynolds, of the Metropolitan Police's SO15 counter-terrorism command, said many of the items found had an innocent everyday use but were "significant" in the context of the inquiry.

The detonator was made from the explosive HMTD, but also a light bulb, wire, and aluminium foil, the inquest heard.

Bombers Mohammed Sidique Khan, 30, Shehzad Tanweer, 22, Jermaine Lindsay, 19, and Hasib Hussain, 18, made no attempt to disguise their work, the court heard.
Nail bombs

Dc Reynolds said: "The environment that they are working in would have been quite hostile... within the actual premises itself, nothing was actually secreted or hidden."

The bombers used respirators because the hydrogen peroxide gave off noxious fumes as it was boiled down, blistering paint work and killing plants outside one of the ground-floor flat's windows.

Dc Reynolds said there would have potentially been an unusual smell near the open window, which he would have investigated had he smelt it.

The inquest was also shown images of smaller bombs found in the Nissan Micra used by three of the bombers to get from Leeds to Luton station on 7/7.

The devices were covered in nails and might have been used to throw at the police if they were caught, the hearing at the Royal Courts of Justice in London was told.

The main bombs used in the attacks on the number 30 bus and Tubes at Aldgate, Edgware Road and Russell Square, contained about 10kg (22lb) of explosives made from hydrogen peroxide and pepper, and detonated by a 9-volt battery.

Forensic explosives expert Clifford Todd said the combination of materials was unique in the UK and worldwide.

He said the four terrorists would have needed outside help to make the bombs and suggested no attempt was made to hide their identities as intact identification was found at all four bomb sites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-12337575

Forensic explosives expert Clifford Todd said the combination of materials was unique in the UK and worldwide.

That's one way of putting it. Pepper?
Where did the 9 volt battery come from?
Here we go again. Off to peruse the transcripts. ;)

BlackRiverFalls said:
The explosive used seems to have changed again, according to this story, with pics of inside the bomb factory, they used pepper.

Changed from what? It's been pepper for as long as I can remember. Likewise regarding the use of a 9v battery.

If it was a huge government conspiracy, why would the conspirators keep changing their story? Surely they would come up with a narrative and stick to it?

If pepper wasn't mentioned in the earliest reports, could this simply be because less information was available at that time?

Apparently there were bags of it in the flat. The use of something called HMTD
hasn't come up before either.

Bigfoot73 said:
Apparently there were bags of it in the flat. The use of something called HMTD
hasn't come up before either.

Yes it has:

11 Jul 2007

The detonators were also similar - in the case of July 7, made from hexamethylene triperoxide diamine (HMTD), made by combining hydrogen peroxide, hexamine tablets from camping stoves, and an acid such as citric acid or dilute sulphuric acid. In the case of July 21 the detonator was triacetone triperoxide (TATP), made by combining hydrogen peroxide, acetone from nail varnish and sulphuric acid.

The differences amount to just two main ingredients - nail varnish rather than camping stove tablets and flour rather than pepper - and leave the possibility that both bomb-makers were taught by the same man. The cost of the devices was also relatively low - just £500 was spent on hydrogen peroxide.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... vices.html

Likewise pepper has been mentioned before.

Both pepper and HMTD have been mentioned numerous times for many years. Is there some kind of selective memory loss going on here?

Bigfoot73 said:
No Doc, just haven't seen it before.

With all due respect, do you not think anyone questioning the "official" story would find it useful to acquaint themselves with the facts of that story?

I suspect I am far from being the only one following this story, of either viewpoint. who was unaware of the pepper and HMDT, and once I have finished reading yesterday's transcript will be back with some more facts to acquaint you with.

I suspect I am far from being the only one following this story, of either viewpoint. who was unaware of the pepper and HMDT,

I hadn't heard about the pepper before either.

At what point it stopped being beleived that TATP was the explosive of choice I do not know, but a quick search of BBC News bring up this from November 2007:

The men were charged with acquiring chemicals and equipment used to make triacetone triperoxide (TATP) - an explosive compound used in the 2005 London bombings.

this from March 2007:

Woolwich Crown Court was told that the July 21 terror suspects made TATP explosive in kitchen pans and stored it in a sideboard at one of their homes.

The TATP was allegedly used as the detonator for bombs made of hydrogen peroxide and chapatti flour.

and this from the same day:

A prosecution witness from the government's Forensic Explosives Laboratory said he found tiny traces of an explosive in Ramzi Mohammed's home. The expert explained to the jury how an explosive called TATP was not commercially available but could be made at home with the right know-how.

There is nothing coming up on a search of the BBC website for 'london bonmbing pepper' prior to 1st Feb 2011, unless we count Mr Pepper at GCHQ :lol:

BlackRiverFalls said:
I hadn't heard about the pepper before either.

At what point it stopped being beleived that TATP was the explosive of choice I do not know, but a quick search of BBC News bring up this from November 2007:

The men were charged with acquiring chemicals and equipment used to make triacetone triperoxide (TATP) - an explosive compound used in the 2005 London bombings.

this from March 2007:

Woolwich Crown Court was told that the July 21 terror suspects made TATP explosive in kitchen pans and stored it in a sideboard at one of their homes.

The TATP was allegedly used as the detonator for bombs made of hydrogen peroxide and chapatti flour.

and this from the same day:

A prosecution witness from the government's Forensic Explosives Laboratory said he found tiny traces of an explosive in Ramzi Mohammed's home. The expert explained to the jury how an explosive called TATP was not commercially available but could be made at home with the right know-how.

There is nothing coming up on a search of the BBC website for 'london bonmbing pepper' prior to 1st Feb 2011, unless we count Mr Pepper at GCHQ :lol:

The BBC reported pepper and HMTD being used as early as the 2nd of May 2008. They reported pepper as early as the 11th of July 2007.

One example you cite mentions TATP in passing and is an example of the sort of time-pressed sloppy journalism which is becoming too familiar across many news outlets. However, it could be defended on the grounds of coupling both the succesful and unsuccessful bombing attempts of July 2005.

The second and third examples you give relate specifically to the unsuccessful attempt on the 21st of July and those details have been restated in the recent reporting.

The use of HMTD was also reported outside the UK as early as the 4th of August 2005.

The BBC reported pepper and HMTD being used as early as the 2nd of May 2008. They reported pepper as early as the 11th of July 2007.

Fair enough.

I wonder why it took 2 years for that to be reported? It's not like the bombers cleaned up after themselves or anything.

Just been through the transcripts. It is not made clear how much of the explosives found in the flat was HMTD, of which they would have needed very little, and how much was the hydrogen peroxide/pepper mix, the main explosive, which was so volatile they had to keep it surrounded by ice packs to stop it boiling itself on the journey.
As discussed earlier in this thread there were no commercial-sized fridges in there, so what were they doing to preserve it, adding icepacks 24/7 ?

Now to the shrubs, again. Transcripts, 1st Feb afternoon session.
30.7 You have touched, Mr Reynolds, on the shrubs outside the flat. Is it right that the fumes from the manufacture of the explosives had killed some of the shrubs outside? I think there was also blistering of the paintwork inside the flat. Is that right?
12 A That's correct. Yes.

So some of the shrubs had been killed outright, not just some of the top leaves. You will just have to take my word for it folks, those shrubs were alive and well from top to bottom until the police dug them up.
22 A. At Russell Square, none was found, no traces of HMTD or
23 TATP or, indeed, any other explosive was found.
24 Q. Was that significant or inconclusive in relation to the
25 overall conclusion that the device at Russell Square was

1 plainly an HMTD hydrogen peroxide/piperine bomb?
2 A. Well, from just those results, clearly we wouldn't have
3 been able to say that, but the conclusion that it's
4 likely that it was HMTD and hydrogen peroxide and pepper
5 comes from the accumulation of all the other evidence
6 from Alexandra Grove and the various components that
7 were physical items that were actually found from
8 Russell Square and, indeed, the other scenes.
9 Q. The fault is mine, I put the question badly. On the
10 premise that the explosive device at Russell Square was
11 a combination of an HMTD initiator and
12 a piperine/hydrogen peroxide mix, could the explosion
13 itself have destroyed signs that HMTD was the initiator?
14 A. Absolutely, yes.
15 Q. As we'll see in a moment, traces of HMTD were found at
16 the other scenes.
17 A. Yes.
18 Q. Can an explosive trace remain, because even though the
19 device itself explodes entirely, there may be traces of
20 the explosive material on the clothes or the possessions
21 of the bomber?
22 A. Yes, that's correct. You can get post-explosion
23 residues. When a high explosive detonates, not
24 100 per cent of it will be consumed in that detonation,
25 and very small traces are generally left. They are

1 vanishingly small amounts.

They didn't find any trace of explosives in the Russell Square carriage. None whatsoever.

5 You concluded, in essence, in relation to all four
6 scenes, that despite the absence of traces of piperine
7 at the scenes, the absence of any other recognised high
8 explosive, together with the material found at
9 Alexandra Grove, led you to conclude that the main
10 charge was an improvised mixture, a home-made mixture of
11 pepper and hydrogen peroxide?
12 A. That's correct, yes.

So pepper was a main ingredient of the main charges? They didn't find any of that anywhere.
55:
12 At Russell Square, no parts of an initiator were
13 found

No explosives, no detonator.

17 LADY JUSTICE HALLETT: You've referred to one piece of paper
18 with reference to "Underground". Any other signs of any
19 kind of attempt to conceal anything? It doesn't look it
20 from the photographs?
21 A. Nothing was found in any voids, nothing was secreted.
22 The only items that were within plastic bags were the
23 cut-up sections of the containers which contained the
24 hydroponic product in the first place. But within the
25 actual premises itself, nothing was actually secreted or

1 hidden.
2 LADY JUSTICE HALLETT: Just going back to what you found at
3 the bombsites, I appreciate that people may carry all
4 sorts of amounts of documentation with them these days,
5 plainly no attempt made to ensure that they couldn't be
6 identified. On the contrary, it looks almost as if they
7 had made attempts to ensure they could be?
8 A. Yes, considering Khan's personal property was found at
9 more than one scene, yes, yes, my Lady.
10 LADY JUSTICE HALLETT: Is that something one has seen in
11 incidents of this kind before?
12 A. I'm personally not aware of that, no.
13 LADY JUSTICE HALLETT: Thank you.
14 MR KEITH: There was one other curious aspect of the
15 forensic evidence found at the scene -- is this right --
16 that, at the King's Cross/Russell Square bombsite, there
17 were two exhibits, I think JB/2 and JB/122, which were
18 two pieces of plastic bottle which appeared to have been
19 cut in a similar way, the bottom part of the bottle had
20 been cut off, two of those were found there.
21 Were there also, at Alexandra Grove, pieces of
22 plastic bottle found?
23 A. Yes, there were some cut bottles within drinking
24 vessels, within Alexandra Grove. It's possibly used as
25 a funnel or prototype or something, but the items you're

1 referring to from that -- from the actual bomb scene,
2 again slightly unusual, in as much that, if that did
3 belong to the bomber -- if that was in close proximity
4 to the bomber, you would expect to see some damage on
5 it, where, in fact, there's very little damage. So it
6 is a bit of a conundrum.
7 Q. We'll ask Mr Todd about that as well, if we may. Thank
8 you very much, Officer, that I think concludes your
9 observations in relation to the scene of
10 18 Alexandra Grove.

So Alexandra Grove was littered with personal ID, which Lady Justice Hallett found unusual, and the pieces of plastic bottle found in the Russell Square carriage that appear to match bottles in the flat were undamaged - "something of a conundrum". Indeed. Particularly as these undamaged bottle pieces didn't seem to have any forensic trace from Germaine Lindsay on them, or indeed any of the four. Try as I might I can't find reference to any forensic traces of Lindsay on the bomb making equipment either, or indeed anywhere in the flat, which is odd considering it was he who took over the flat from Dr al Nashar.

16 Q. And finally, in relation to Khan, on page 20?
17 A. The body parts that were completely missing from Khan
18 were all the upper and lower dentition, the left
19 forearm, wrist and hand, the lower half of the pelvis on
20 the right and the left sides, and those parts that were
21 almost entirely missing were the right and left upper
22 jaw, the right hand, with the exception of one hand
23 bone, the left knee, the lower half of the right and
24 left lower leg, and the left foot, with the exception of
25 one toe.

1 Q. Thank you. Mohammed Sidique Khan?
2 LADY JUSTICE HALLETT: Sorry, anything about whether or not
3 it's down at ground level again, or can't you say?
4 A. Again, the force of the blast looked as though it was
5 directed upwards. Therefore, that would suggest to me
6 that it was down at floor level, my Lady.

The bomb was supposed to be in the rucksack on his lap. Danny Biddle was looking at him at the exact moment of the explosion, and says the rucksack was on his lap. Lap is the upper legs, which you will see from the description of the state of his body are still attached. Rather odd considering between 5 and 10 kilos of explosives had just gone off on top of them, would you not think?

[INQ10282-9]?

If this link works it will show the diagram of the Edgware Road carriage, and the x marks the exact location of the explosion, which is not Khan's lap.

I'm not sure I quite follow that.

If the lower half of the pelvis on both sides are missing, then what are what's left of the legs attached to?

My first impression from the transcript that he was literally blown in half, leaving the chest, most of his head and bits of arms that weren't holding the rucksack.

if he had his legs crossed, the one that is mostly missing presumably took the worst of the blast.

it doesn;t sound that different to what i'd have expected.

Bigfoot73 said:
They didn't find any trace of explosives in the Russell Square carriage. None whatsoever.

So pepper was a main ingredient of the main charges? They didn't find any of that anywhere.
55:
12 At Russell Square, no parts of an initiator were
13 found

No explosives, no detonator.

Something went bang and killed lots of people at Russell Square. Given the known evidence, it would seem likely it was the same stuff that exploded at the other three sites.

Back