• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

London Kerning Kickstarter

MrRING

Android Futureman
Thought some folks here might get a "kick" out of this Kickstarter:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/glennf/london-kerning-a-book-of-typographic-perambulation
London calls, London kerns
I’m traveling to London at the end of November to interview people and visit exhibitions, museums, and the streets to capture a snapshot of type design and typography in that teeming metropolis. I’m making a short book about who I meet and what I learn, and need your help to pull it all together.

An extraordinary exhibit of the life and work of type and book cover designer Berthold Wolpe is taking place in London through December 4 at the Type Archive (tickets here). I’m coupling attending this potentially once-in-a-lifetime exhibition with meeting several type designers and letterpress printers, and visiting studios and collections. The result will be a short book, in the 30-page range (but knowing me, possibly longer), that combines interviews, research, and photography. The book will be available both as an ebook and as a physical item: digitally printed and bound with a soft cover.

Back