• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Looking For A Forum Post

Junopsis

Ephemeral Spectre
Somewhere on here, I recall a photo from a magazine article to the effect that there was a group of witches who did anti-Hitler workings during WW2. I think I recall this being inside, and that they'd made an effigy of the man in question. I haven't been able to search this up--anyone remember it?

(Someone did a youtube video about this and said no records exist other than a mention in a book, and I wanted to cite it)

Somewhere on here, I recall a photo from a magazine article to the effect that there was a group of witches who did anti-Hitler workings during WW2. I think I recall this being inside, and that they'd made an effigy of the man in question. I haven't been able to search this up--anyone remember it?

(Someone did a youtube video about this and said no records exist other than a mention in a book, and I wanted to cite it)

There's this:

The New Forest Coven Saving England in WWII

So what exactly was the New Forest Coven, and what exactly happened with the group in regards to the WWII defense of England? According to THIS SITE, In England, before World War II, Gardner met people who introduced him into Witchcraft. He and his wife lived in the New Forest region, where Gardner was involved with the Fellowship of Crotona, an occult group of Co-Masons, a Masonic order established by Mrs. Besant Scott, daughter of the Theosophist Annie Besant.This group had established "The First Rosicrucian Theater in England," which presented plays having occult themes. In this group Gardner met a member who claimed they had been together in a previous life in Cyprus and described a site that Gardner had envisioned when dreaming.

Within the Fellowship of Crotona was another, secret group, which took Gardner into its confidence. Members in this group claimed to be hereditary Witches, whose family members had practiced a craft for centuries, and such practice had not been interrupted by the witch hunts of the Middle Ages and Renaissance. This group met in the New Forest, and just days before World War II began in 1i939, Gardner was nitiated into the coven by the high priestess Old Dorothy Clutterbuck.

The coven, including Gardner, joined with other Witches in southern England on July 31 (Lummas Eve), 1940, to perform a ritual to prevent Hitler's forces from invading England. Five members of the coven died shortly afterwards. Their deaths were blamed on the power drained from them during the ritual. Gardner, himself, felt his health had been adversely affected. ...

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...n-fleming-aleister-crowley.13044/#post-405824

&

Was Hitler defeated by witchcraft?
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/wiccans-gerald-gardner.6586/page-3#post-324184

Dion Fortune?

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...alternative-history.63887/page-3#post-1863378

Perhaps not that exact post but it may be that thread. Also Crowley did also claim to have done some magical workings at that time.

Back