• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Looks Like Horus!

Okay...............so I was wrong.
Out of the 4 people that looked at this NO ONE told me all about my bad self?
*swoons*

why does the picture of Mokele-Mbembe on that site show a brachiosaurus when it says it resembles a brontosaurus?

Point of order: the term BRONTOSAURUS has been phased out over the decades in favor of APATOSAURUS.

Of course, the Flintstones wouldn't know that.

Wasn't the brontosaurus actually a fluke? Some skeletons that got mixed up or so? And I though Apatosaurus was another one.

When they first found 'brontosaurus' they couldn't find the skull. There was intense competition among museums, and pressure to get large specimens on display, so they stuck on a skull that was found nearby. It turned out to be the wrong one. (Camarasaurus, IIRC)

A few scientists think that, under the protocols for such things, brontosaurus is still the legitimate name for the critter. Stephen Jay Gould wrote an essay about it, called 'Bully for Brontosaurus'.

It wasn't Me!

I didn't make the site!
It wasn't me!
Not my fault!
Not my site!!

LOL!

I don't know why but every time I see the headline "looks like Horus" my mind adds "stings like a bee".

It looks nothing like mine!

Mine's much better looking and is all blue. It also lacks a fortean section and is currently offline for a variety of reasons.

Ha! Proves what you knows! ;)

Niles "talking about websites" Calder

"Do not offend the Chair Leg of Truth. It is Wise and Terrible."

Is it?
Are you sure?

*takes bite out of it, sits back in drunken stupor*

Yup.It is.

Back