Lost & Found

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
A Massachusetts children's hospital finally received a kidney destined for a transplant operation after contacting the State Police and learning the medical transport driver had been stopped and the unmarked transport vehicle had been impounded.

I've got a funny feeling we may never get a full explanation for this incident. The transport company, the driver, and the State Police probably don't want to discuss it, and the hospital is prohibited from discussing it.
I-Team: State Police Traffic Stop Delays Kidney Delivery To Boston Children’s Hospital Transplant Patient

Massachusetts State Police are looking into a traffic stop that delayed the transport of a lifesaving organ to a patient waiting in Boston.

Sources tell WBZ-TV’s I-Team it happened Sunday afternoon on the Massachusetts Turnpike in the Charlton area. A State Police trooper pulled over an unmarked medical transport vehicle coming from outside New England. ...

The driver of the vehicle was unlicensed. The trooper called to have the car towed by Interstate Towing in Sturbridge.

Inside the vehicle was a kidney needed for a patient at Boston Children’s Hospital. Sources say troopers went looking for the kidney after an operating room nurse at the hospital contacted the State Police. ...

Kidneys can only last between 24-to-36 hours outside the body. Troopers sent to the tow lot found the vehicle and the kidney and brought it to the hospital.

WBZ-TV contacted Boston Children’s to find out about the viability of the kidney and the transplant. In a statement the hospital said given the strict rules around organ transplant privacy, it was not able to comment. ...

The State Police is looking into the matter and says the kidney was delivered within a half hour of getting the call.
SOURCE: https://boston.cbslocal.com/2021/10...hildrens-hospital-massachusetts-state-police/

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
A drawing by an 'old master', has been found in a attic.

"A drawing by a great Italian artist of the 18th Century is to go under the hammer after it was found in a loft.

The work by Giovanni Battista Tiepolo was uncovered at Weston Hall, near Towcester, Northamptonshire, ahead of the manor house being put up for sale.

Henrietta Sitwell, whose family owned Weston for 300 years, said it was one of many "exciting discoveries".

Auctioneers Dreweatts said it was "probably the most important find" at the house and could fetch £250,000."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-58873868

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
This Glasgow man found his lost bicycle before he even knew it had been stolen.
Glasgow Good Samaritan helps man fix broken bike… before realising it was his own and had been swiped from shed

John Devlin, 64, stopped to repair the handlebars of the bicycle that Paul Hartey, 46, had earlier taken from his shed in Glasgow's Drumchapel on June 18.

Mr Devlin was able to identify the bike as his own mid-repair due to distinctive stickers and helmet attached to it.

He then remarked: "That's mine" before chasing the thief down the street.

Hartey pled guilty today at Glasgow Sheriff Court to forcing open a lockfast shed. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/7841550/glasgow-stolen-bike-good-samaritan/

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
This Liberian teenager found and returned $50,000 someone had lost alongside a road. He was rewarded for returning the money, but he was also mocked and even threatened for it, too.
Liberian teen hailed hero after finding, returning $50,000

A teenager in Liberia has become a national hero after finding $50,000 on the road and returning it to its rightful owner in the northeastern Nimba County.

Eighteen-year-old Emmanuel Tuloe told The Associated Press Thursday that he was driving his motorcycle taxi on a highway when he saw a bunch of money wrapped in a plastic bag that had dropped unnoticed.

When he saw the money on Tuesday, he said “I was afraid because it was plenty; and so I brought it home and gave it to my aunty to keep until the owner could ask for it.”

That day, Musu Yancy, the businesswoman who had lost the money, went on the radio “crying for her money and appealing to anyone finding it,” he said. So he took it to her.

Tuloe said that while many Liberians are praising his actions, others including some friends, are mocking him for doing what is unusual in the post-war country. ...

He had dropped out of school in the seventh grade to begin a taxi service with his motorcycle to make money, he said.

“Since my decision, when I have a breakdown on the highway and some of my rider friends see me, they don’t help; they say I acted stupid to find and return money. I should let the money help me,” he told the AP from his hometown of Gbolor Dialla on the border with Ivory Coast.

“They tell me I will never get rich in my lifetime; they say because I returned such an amount of money I will live and die poor.”

He said he’s also received threats for his actions. ...

Yancy rewarded the boy with cash and materials valuing about $1,500, he said.
FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/africa-liberia-monrovia-f9b0519b3eafd1df5dd1ce843de05d91