• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Lost Series Disappointing? (+ Forgotten Film Title)

uair01

Antediluvian
Yesterday I watched the first 15 minutes of the new "Lost" episode. I was curious because of all the hype, but I was a bit disappointed. My feeling was that there was a lot of artificially created mystery feeling and not enough genuine mystery atmosphere.

I had expected something with the look and feel of "Existenz".

Another film that had that feeling - can you help me identify it:
In a gloomy appartment building - tenant finds empty cardboard boxes - gets infected with viral advertising - starts buying lots of milk - a mystery robot courier - a neighbor with half finished robot - eventually everyone dies.

Anyone know the name?

Your film sounds very interesting but it's not the one I mean. Mine was more recent. It had a Scandinavian llok-and-feel and was mostly sepia coloured. One more detail: everyone's brain was stolen once they died, assumedly to research the effects of the infectious advertising nanobots.

Lost is all about the character development. If you watch it just for the mystery it's way too slow, I can see why some have got tired of it.

Some 10 years have past since the divisive final episode of Lost and rumours abound that it's set for a comeback.

https://observer.com/2020/05/lost-reboot-update-executive-produce-info-details-abc/

It wouldn't feature Jack, Kate, Hurley, Locke and co. because we know they are all now in the afterlife (or are they?).
But would you like to see a comeback for this (in)famous series which seemed to intrigue and irritate viewers in equal measure? Is it time for a new ensemble cast to explore the mysteries of alternative realities, numerology & synchronicity, time slips, smoke monsters, the Dharma Initiative and the very meaning of life itself?

Some 10 years have past since the divisive final episode of Lost and rumours abound that it's set for a comeback.

https://observer.com/2020/05/lost-reboot-update-executive-produce-info-details-abc/

It wouldn't feature Jack, Kate, Hurley, Locke and co. because we know they are all now in the afterlife (or are they?).
But would you like to see a comeback for this (in)famous series which seemed to intrigue and irritate viewers in equal measure? Is it time for a new ensemble cast to explore the mysteries of alternative realities, numerology & synchronicity, time slips, smoke monsters, the Dharma Initiative and the very meaning of life itself?
I never watched the first Lost series. I guess a new series could bring about a more 'final' resolution to the whole thing.

I never watched the first Lost series. I guess a new series could bring about a more 'final' resolution to the whole thing.

If a "Lost - the Next Generation" is produced, I'll probably re-watch some of the original first.
Every episode is available on Amazon Prime.
You could probably get away with just watching the first and last series. There was an awful lot of filler in the middle, with endless flashbacks, flash-forwards and flash-sideways.

Was Hurley in the afterlife? For some reason I had it in my head that Hurley, Walt and Ben were working together to fix things. Found it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_New_Man_in_Charge This is something I would really like to see them follow up on.

Back