• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Lost Stuff

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Happened again. This time I took off my hearing aids in the car, carefully placed them in the bottom of my bag, got home and unpacked to find one hearing aid. They're expensive, so I went out by flashlight and examined the car and the driveway. I asked for it back and went to bed. In the morning by daylight I looked again and saw it obviously in the cup holder, which was one of the first places I looked the night before. It had to have jumped out of my capacious bag six inches or so. I recently moved, and I thanked the nixies and told them how glad I was they had made the move with me. Got a little teary.

Last weekend we were staying at the boyfriend's brothers for his wedding. You can imagine it was a bit busy. People were losing stuff all over the place. We were looking for some glasses And a wallet. Rather than the frantic running around I told the M in L to close her eyes and turn around three times. 2 seconds later the wallet was found! It took a little longer for the glasses but take what you can! Bizarre but does work. Probably because you take a moment and calm down.

Just come back from a few days in North Devon with friends at a rental cottage. day one, the chaps had gone out early saturday with the dog for a manly walk and talk. They were rather a long time and we gals debated following them but realised they had taken the only key, so we waited untill they eventually returned. Had to let them in as they could not find the key, pockets emptied ( all of them- this are serious outdoor trousers with lots of pockets and zips).
Much muttering, blaming of the dog followed and out they went again to retrace of route ..

While they had been doing the muttering and pocket searching I nipped up stairs and politely asked the good folk to put the key somewhere nice and prominent, meanwhile the dog was outside in the courtyard having a lprolonged exchange of little barks with various other unseen dogs, we joked that it was a bit like the "Night bark" in 101 dalmations.

15 minutes later men return clutching the key, it had been placed on a post next to a stile on the footpath they had followed earlier- exactly where you would put a hand to steady yourself when crossing.

So was it a kindly walker? the good folk or did the local dogs organise it?

Who ever and how ever we were very grateful and only mentioned the inability of some people to look after keys 3 or 4 times a day.

Just come back from a few days in North Devon with friends at a rental cottage. day one, the chaps had gone out early saturday with the dog for a manly walk and talk. They were rather a long time and we gals debated following them but realised they had taken the only key, so we waited untill they eventually returned. Had to let them in as they could not find the key, pockets emptied ( all of them- this are serious outdoor trousers with lots of pockets and zips).
Much muttering, blaming of the dog followed and out they went again to retrace of route ..

While they had been doing the muttering and pocket searching I nipped up stairs and politely asked the good folk to put the key somewhere nice and prominent, meanwhile the dog was outside in the courtyard having a lprolonged exchange of little barks with various other unseen dogs, we joked that it was a bit like the "Night bark" in 101 dalmations.

15 minutes later men return clutching the key, it had been placed on a post next to a stile on the footpath they had followed earlier- exactly where you would put a hand to steady yourself when crossing.

So was it a kindly walker? the good folk or did the local dogs organise it?

Who ever and how ever we were very grateful and only mentioned the inability of some people to look after keys 3 or 4 times a day.

"serious outdoor trousers"- That tickled me. All my trousers are seriously not serious...

Very po faced, yes. Not so much as a giggle.

Bought fresh groceries from a mate at the market yesterday. Everything was packed in white paper bags and shoved into my bike pannier and then put straight in the fridge at home.

You know when you can tell summat's missing even when you haven't counted everything? I was sure the tomatoes hadn't made it home.
Today I've rifled the joint for them and they are NOT HERE.

Reminds me of the joke -

Q. What is red and not there?
A. No tomatoes.

The obligatory fierce banter distracted poor Nat and he forgot to hand them over. Or even weigh them.

I have this effect on men. :evillaugh:

Bought fresh groceries from a mate at the market yesterday. Everything was packed in white paper bags and shoved into my bike pannier and then put straight in the fridge at home.

You know when you can tell summat's missing even when you haven't counted everything? I was sure the tomatoes hadn't made it home.
Today I've rifled the joint for them and they are NOT HERE.

Reminds me of the joke -

Q. What is red and not there?
A. No tomatoes.

The obligatory fierce banter distracted poor Nat and he forgot to hand them over. Or even weigh them.

I have this effect on men. :evillaugh:
You certainly have that effect on us E.:hahazebs:

Back