• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

LOST

Huh, *gasp* did anyone else see tonights episode on E4? Now that was an ending!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * (In white for those that haven't seen it yet.)* * *
Oooh, so do u reckon Ethan is one of 'The Others', or was with the French Chick? Ha, like that totaly makes sence, sorry, just thrown by the suspencefull ending! Makes it all worth watching. :D ...And, what has Locke done with Micheal? didn't see him this week. ;) ..And surley they are all going to get scurvy?

Oh yeah that was a good one.

spoilers
I had assumed (before the ending) that the Etahn chppie was some kind of loon working against the psychic but I'd guess he is the French woman's son (why do I feel kids will row up fast around these parts?) - still up to no good mind.

One wonders if the fates (like the pens running out and the plane crashing) was arranged just so Clare's kid would be safe (I mean its not everyday a plane gets lost and crashes on an island where the castaways aren't saved). This suggest some kind of build up to some kind of end of the world scenario with him as the new Messiah and hordes of evil cultists swarming the island (unless the kid is evil and then it'd be good cultists). Are the survivors being positioned to become the child's apostles for when they return to the real world but have to stay together as a group.

Or not.

/spoilers

Spoiler ahead:

Ethan Rom is actually an anagram:
It spells: Other Man

----Zoltan

I fell asleep before the end of last night channel 4 episode. The 'french' woman had just said that Alex was her child. Did I miss anything?

Ooooooooooooo finsihed watching the E4 episode exciting

spoilers

I really thought the Hobbit was toast!! Know he has to find a shoehorn in the luggae and get the good doctor to lever his sternum off his spine.

And they found The Door - sweet.

Lockknife's predicting the weather - interesting.

Little lads luck at backgammon - double interesting

And are we seeing Sawyer turning a corner I wonder?

/spoilers

I saw it too, very good episode, the kind that should have been happening all along! However...

(In white.)
I don't think any of the writers have any medical training. When Jack cut down charlie he didn't check his mouth for any obstruction (Even I know to do that and I did first aid way back in junior school!), after all, if someone is nutty enough to hang another....Sorry to be pedantic it just that everything is supposed to be a clue is it? If so, they could at least be acurate themselves. There were a few other things I was gonna write but I'm tierd and can't quite remember right now. lol
I agree though, I thought Charlie was a goner too. That Ethan was a bit violent/nasty wasn't he?! I wonder if we see Claire again? Oh yeah, and spoiler alert -
(Can't remember if I've posted this already but what the heck. ;) ) It was the nutty french woman who attacked Claire with the needle in the caves.
More tomorrow when I can remember my own name. :snore: Where's my bed? lol

Quick edit in white (Just remembered.):When Jack carried on trying to revive Charlie, did he not think about the effects of brain damage from oxygen starvation, or the threat of a crushed larynx needing a lot of medical attention? And yes, how did Loche know the precise timming of the rain? Jack and co seemed to get back to the caves quick too. One moment it was 'going to be dark soon', the next Jack etc had been back for hours, with a casualty, then it was night with Loke and Boone. ???

Ethan Rom name spoiler - I noticed that too

It is also an anagram of "more than" and Rom is the name for a single Romany gypsy

Locke:

We know that Locke has some kind of connection with the island - he looked it in the eye, he said - I put the rain down to that. also that he is a very experienced tracker.

CodenameThrow said:
Ethan Rom name spoiler - I noticed that too

It is also an anagram of "more than"

Yeah I noticed that too - I was wodnering if it was some product placement for a certain insurance company? ;)

Ethan Rom is also:

The Roman

Another M

M. A.N. Other

An Mother

Then Roam

E.T. no harm

Hate Moan

and...errr...something Mort

* realises *
I should be doing something else :roll:

Couple of interesting tidbits from second episode of season 2...

spoiler
Locke and Desmond (the guy in the hatch - see my last spoiler post) are talking and he says to Locke something along the lines of "is the world still out there?". Also scratched on one of the walls is a tally count, presumbly of how long the bloke has been living on the island. There's quite a few of them.

At one point something starts beeping and Desmond looks panicked. He gets Locke to type in a sequence of numbers into an old computer ("Do you know how to use this?" "Yeah, but I haven't seen one of those in 20 years"), which resets a timer on the wall. Of course, the number sequence is the same set of numbers that's been popping up all over the place.

/spoiler

Well, our shiny complete series 1 box set arrived last week.
We couldn't resist and ended up watching the whole lot over a few nights, very enjoyable it was too.
I won't post any spoilers but it gets even more gripping and intriguing as the series goes on, with more new mysteries opened than solved.

Now, I just need to figure out a way of watching season 2, I don't think I can wait until it reaches the UK :shock:

-----Zoltan

Watched episode 3 of s2 last night. They (sort of) explained what the island is, well a bit of it anyway, kind of.

hokum6 said:
Watched episode 3 of s2 last night. They (sort of) explained what the island is, well a bit of it anyway, kind of.

Well share?

spoiler
So, Jack and Locke are down in the bunker with Desmond, who's trying to fix the number-computer which got shot accidentally. He's saying that if they don't type in the code before the timer runs out, the world will end. Jack asks him to explain what the hell is going on, he says that three years ago his boat hit the reef and some guy called Kelvin came running out the jungle, grabbed him, ran back into the bunker and typed in the code. After he died, Desmond just kept doing it. He tells Jack and Locke to watch a film. They get this old film canister labelled 'Orientation' and play it. It's old (dated 1980) and explains how this company set up a series of labs over the world for research - notably, it mentions psychic research (Walt?) and zoology (we're shown a polar bear...). The guy in the film then says that this lab (it's number 3, I think, can't remember right now, he calls it "The Swan".) is a bit different, some unusual magnetic properties which is why they built it, and that after an incident the numbers have to be entered into a computer every 108 minutes. Jack thinks it's a test to see how long they can get you to do it. Two new people were supposed to show up every year to be there but Desmond says that Kelvin died waiting for the relief crew.
/spoiler

It just gets weirder and weirder...

Finished watching the DVD of season 1 over the weekend and am hopefully getting a copy of the first three episodes of season 2 this week! Have found out a few spoilers of season 2 by being too curious for my own good on this thread! Bah! Nothing that wasn't pretty obvious anyway though.

A theory: 'The Others' - four of them on the boat, Ethan Rom and Rousseau = 6. Six people in the science team. Are the other members of Rousseau's science team not really dead? Does she know that or is she in on the lie that she told Sayid. And if she is in on it was there really a science team?

Interesting episode. Not much really to add as it is building on and expanding previous episodes only:

spoiler
I assume the person Skinny Girl killed was her Dad or pos. husband.
/spoiiler

I avoided watching it last night on either ch4 or E4 so next week i can watch two episodes in a row! :yeay:

Rubyait said:
I avoided watching it last night on either ch4 or E4 so next week i can watch two episodes in a row! :yeay:

By Jove thats some self-control - I think you deserve a prize (esp. considering how exciting its getting ;) ).

I'm struggling with not reading hokum's spoilers ;)

It took discipline alright!

that and the fact i was on my 'it takes nearly two hours to read my 5 emails PC' may have had something to do with it?!!

Just watched episode four, season two.

No huge revelations, but a nice episode following Hurley. We did find out that Rosie's husband is still alive though - he was a survivor of the rear section of the plane - and Sahid (sp?) was attempting to break into a blocked off corridor in the bunker. He said the only place he'd seen anything covered in this much concrete was Chernobyl...
/spoiler

Lost star Holloway robbed at home

Actor Josh Holloway - who plays Sawyer in TV castaway hit Lost - and his wife Yessica were robbed at gunpoint at their Honolulu home on Wednesday.
Police said the couple was awakened at 0410 local time by a man wearing a baseball cap and holding a handgun.

The robber took cash and credit cards and escaped in Holloway's Mercedes Benz - found abandoned shortly afterwards.

"My family and I are fine," the actor said in a statement. "We appreciate everyone's concerns and good thoughts."

He also expressed his gratitude to the Honolulu police department and for "the support of his local community".

Award-winning

In Lost Holloway, 36, plays James "Sawyer" Ford, one of about 20 plane crash survivors stranded on a Pacific island.

The show, named outstanding drama series at the Emmy Awards in September, is currently shooting its second season on Oahu, Hawaii.

The first episode of the second season attracted a US audience of 23.4 million last month.

The first series of Lost is currently running on Channel 4 and E4 in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainmen ... 341380.stm

Hurrah,

Due to me having no morals I now have the rest of series one on my chipped xBox. In high def with the ad's cut out!
I'm now up to speed with E4. So I have question:
Has everyone just given up on claire then. It seems to be 'Oh well shes dead by now lets sit on the beach some more'.

I've watched another couple of episodes and the hubbie (who doesn't watch it at all) has come up with the following theory.
They have all been abducted by aliens who have put them on this island to see how humans all work together. They have go a bit confused and that is why the polar bears are there.
He doesn't want this to be true as he says it is a rubbish idea and a real cop out.
I'm not sure though still.

I'm pretty sure that's not true, evidence so far suggests otherwise.

Ooooooooooo good episode on E4 tonight:

spoilers

The unusual sea level last episode was niggling me and now we have dodgy compasses to add to weird doors - it seems pretty likely the island isn't really an island. I'm hoping at some point to see ninjas abseiling into a volcanic crater which is really a super bad guy's hidden base. Thats been done eh? How abot it is some secret base that can emerge under the waves and.... Too James Bond again eh? Ah well.

I guessed the twist with the "borther and sister" but that wasn't really the important bit which was Boone's initation: getting filled with drugs and being left in the forest to confront you inner demons. I wonder if his weather predicting skills and sense of direction will now improve too. Can we also assume he saw the monster the way Locke did? He must have got up close and personal and we'd all have a sneaky peek wouldn't we? Even if we were bricking it

/spoilers

The unusual sea level last episode was niggling me and now we have dodgy compasses to add to weird doors

There is a reason for the dodgy compass, although it isn't revealed until Season 2.

----Zoltan

zoltan_g said:
The unusual sea level last episode was niggling me and now we have dodgy compasses to add to weird doors

There is a reason for the dodgy compass, although it isn't revealed until Season 2.

----Zoltan

And that reason would be? :D :p

(Could you put it in white so as not to spoil anything for those who do not wish to know yet? Thank-you. :) )

akaWiintermoon said:
zoltan_g said:

----Zoltan

And that reason would be? :D :p

(Could you put it in white so as not to spoil anything for those who do not wish to know yet? Thank-you. :) )

Because :

There appears to be a great big electromagnet located in or around the bunker which lies underneath the hatch! The gun case key which Jack wears around his neck starts to float towards the wall whenever he walks near to it.

******SPOILER********

Can we also assume he saw the monster the way Locke did?

If it is a monster of some sorts then i think its invisible. When it was chasing Boone and it appeared to land behind him i swear there was nothing there. All i saw (now this could be the wine! ;) ) was a dispersal of leaves and dirt but nothing else. Its probably got some sort of clear camo like Predator.

I'm now three episodes into series 2 and I have to say it's worth sticking with. Things are just getting odder!

Back