• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Love Hewitt Conjures Up Real Ghost On Spooky Show

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
LOVE HEWITT CONJURES UP REAL GHOST ON SPOOKY SHOW

JENNIFER LOVE HEWITT and the crew of her spooky TV drama GHOST WHISPERER got the chills during a recent late-night shoot when a real spectre showed up on the set. The actress, who plays an antiques dealer that helps troubled spirits cross over, was filming a tense scene earlier this week (beg08JAN07), when crew members noticed movement in the shadows behind her. Love Hewitt and her pals crowded around the monitor to watch the scene played back and were shocked to see what looked like a real spirit turning behind her on the monitor screen. The actress was so shocked by what she saw she insisted the unedited footage be kept so she could show family, friends and TV hosts. She appeared on comedienne ELLEN DEGENERES' show yesterday (12JAN07) and showed the eerie footage. She said, "This just showed up on the footage and the editor, like, came up with chills on his arms and he was like, `I need somebody else to tell me that they're seeing this also.' "Seconds before that on the footage of the dailies, it's not there and it's not there afterwards. It was just there for that fleeting moment."

14/01/2007 14:40

article Link

Youtube Ghost Whisperer video as shown on Ellen Show

Oddly framed shot.

The camera man needs to go back to camera framing school.

(S)He captured the ghost though.

Doesn't look like a ghost to me, just the shadow of someone or a reflection or maybe the dread hand of the publicity machine building up random footage to advertise the show.

Its not behind her either, its in front. You can see it on the dark patches on her top/ hair. Looks like something on the lens to me.

I think Cassandra's on the money there - perhaps a reflection from off-right (a bit like Pepper's Ghost?)

Mrs S says it's a hand hanging vertically down unscrewing something

hmm, and thats a ghost? there is movement in the shadows, but its a bit lovecraftian (without form etc.) i remain unconvinced!

Slejpner said:
Mrs S says it's a hand hanging vertically down unscrewing something

It may be removing a bra bone from the washing machine pump.

if the videotape had been used before, it might indeed be a ghost image -
of something filmed before, and not completely erased.

Whats a bra bone, can someone post a picture? Ive not seen the clip, by the way, cant play it.

I think she means the stiffy from an underwire. ;)

How were audience ratings for the series? Were they perchance disappearing just as this apparition is miraculously appearing?

:roll: -

I think it's probably this. They're what usually get stuck in my washing machine anyway.

Definitely looks like a reflection to me. Can't quite work out how they all thought it was a ghost. Unless...er....it's just a giant publicity stunt. As someone else said. And not a bra bone. Maybe.

I did read an unrelated interview where JLH was asked if she believed in ghosts: 'Oh yeah, they pop up on the film stock all the time'.

H_James said:
I did read an unrelated interview where JLH was asked if she believed in ghosts: 'Oh yeah, they pop up on the film stock all the time'.
Booyaka! They definitely exist then. Now all we need to do is track down that elusive footage.....

"Bra bone"??? :shock:

On this side of the pond we call them "underwires"--but I think I like "bra bone" better, come to think of it!

Nasty things--always poking thru the material that is supposed to keep them covered and sticking into me. Ouch!

And I can't see the footage either--stupid computer is on its last legs.

I'm not sure what the ratings are for "Ghost Whisperer" but a publicity stunt wouldn't exactly shock me. :roll:

I finally saw the footage! (I'm one of those unfortunate people with an older computer who can never seem to get online video to work...) JLH was on Craig Ferguson's show last night (he comes on after Letterman), and they showed it. Sadly, my TV reception was a little bit grainy, but even JLH was saying things like "you can't really see it there" and explaining what the figure supposedly was doing. It did look like a reflection or some trick of light and shadows.

cassandra78 said:
Its not behind her either, its in front. You can see it on the dark patches on her top/ hair. Looks like something on the lens to me.

Can see something behind her more, but only just notice something in front of her.

What interests me more about the show is the fact that it's based loosely on the life of James Van Praagh, the TV medium, who is closely involved with it.

The star doesn't exactly resemble him. A little artistic licence may have been used there! :lol:

The set is the one used for Back To The Future, tarted up a bit. I bet movie buffs can spot the joins. ;)

Back