• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Stuck / Trapped / Entangled / Exposed / Etc. (Non-Lethal Awkward Predicaments)

hunck

Antediluvian
Dramatic rescue as 'incapacitated' man in just his PANTS dangles from electricity pylon 65ft above ground

A major emergency services operation was launched to rescue him from the 275 kV line while he was wearing only a pair of red pants.

The utility company turned off the electricity to the pylon and a rope rescue team ascended the structure to secure the man and bring him back down.

The circumstances leading to the man becoming trapped up the pylon in Hutton, Lancs., remain unknown, a the spokesman said.

Police have said that he currently faces no charge [sic].

A statement from Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The call came from the police reporting that a man, alive but incapacitated, was trapped at a height of 20 metres (65ft) above the ground on an electricity pylon.

How he managed to avoid electrocution is remarkable.

SWNS_PYLON_RESCUE_02.jpg

Waking up pissed having climbed a pylon is something new to worry about . . .

I need to self-medicate. "pcheers:

Girl is trapped trying to retrieve her own poo thrown from date's window.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-41167296?SThisFB
Sounds suspicously like a student prank or urban myth.

Woman trapped in window trying to retrieve poo after Tinder date

A woman who threw her poo out of her date's toilet window because it "would not flush" had to be rescued after she got stuck trying to retrieve it.

The amateur gymnast was on a first date with Bristol student Liam Smith when she "panicked" and threw the faeces out of the window.

It did not land in the garden, but became wedged between two non-opening windows.
After climbing in head first after it, she became wedged.

Mr Smith had to call the fire service for help. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that this kind of thing only happened in comedies.

There is an interesting article about bell ringing from the Scientific American. There have been accidents bell ringing apparently, including a bloke who broke his collar bone when his keys got caught in the rope, hoisted him three feet off the floor and sent him to the floor.

As you say, no idea how he ended up so high.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.co...science-of-mysteries-for-whom-the-bells-toll/

Last edited:

It happens. It's usually a combination of drunkenness and bravado.

Some years ago an Oxford student drunkenly climbed a crane after a night out, fell off and was killed.
200ft crane fall kills student

Another student did the same thing last year in Manchester.
Heartbroken brother talks about student Charlie Bartlett who died after falling from city centre crane

This thread is being established to hold stories about situations or predicaments in which people regrettably find themselves, with no choice but to swallow their pride and get help.

An Ohio woman had to call 911 when she found herself trapped upside down in a gym's inversion table during nighttime hours.
Woman Forced to Call 911 After Getting Stuck in Gym Equipment in Viral TikTok Video

A young woman was recently forced to call authorities to help her out of a less-than-ideal situation.

In a now-viral video "workout fail" posted to social media, TikTok user cfaulds20 is seen hanging upside-down on a piece of exercise equipment during a late-night gym session.

"When you have to call 9-1-1 because you get stuck on the inversion thing at 3am at the gym..." the text overlay on the short clip reads. The viral mishap, shared on Aug. 29, has since racked up over seven million views, with subsequent snippets further explaining the situation totaling an additional one million views, and counting, combined. ...

Eventually, a police officer came to the rescue, along with another man, who both helped get the young woman back on her feet with ease. ...
FULL STORY: https://parade.com/news/viral-tiktok-video-gym-fail-woman-stuck-upside-down-workout-equipment-2022

YouTube Link (You have to click on the link to view the video at YouTube):

Last edited:
Man rescued after falling into 300ft ravine while stark naked as emergency services baffled

A completely naked man in Brazil had to be rescued after falling into a deep ravine in a nature park. Authorities from the country's air force said the reason he was naked remains a complete mystery

Emergency responders were left baffled when a young man had to be rescued after falling down a 300ft-deep ravine while completely naked.

He was only found after a passer-by heard his cries for help and a rescue operation was called to try and attend to the problem at the Mestre Alvaro nature reserve in Brazil on September 7.

The fire department said: "A team was sent to the scene and they found the victim in a crack between two cliffs, unable to get out and out of the team’s reach."

Major Pablo Angely Marques, of the Brazilian Air Force, added: "We found him at a point that was very difficult to access, with risk of him falling at any moment.

"We had to use a helicopter rescue basket. He was between 80 and 100 metres down."

Found in a bizarre state, the major said the mystery of why the victim was naked remains unsolved.

He added: "He couldn’t explain why he was naked. He claimed he couldn’t remember how he got there, but presumed he went to the area with friends."
1662937479004.png

Man rescued after falling into 300ft ravine while stark naked as emergency services baffled

A completely naked man in Brazil had to be rescued after falling into a deep ravine in a nature park. Authorities from the country's air force said the reason he was naked remains a complete mystery

Emergency responders were left baffled when a young man had to be rescued after falling down a 300ft-deep ravine while completely naked.

He was only found after a passer-by heard his cries for help and a rescue operation was called to try and attend to the problem at the Mestre Alvaro nature reserve in Brazil on September 7.

The fire department said: "A team was sent to the scene and they found the victim in a crack between two cliffs, unable to get out and out of the team’s reach."

View attachment 58842
Was this man German? Inquiring minds need to know!

I just thought you were referring to the nudist chasing the wild boar after it took his laptop. Didn't know that nudism is a particularly German thing.
Maybe he was naked because he mistook a 'nature park' for a 'naturist park' ? And then he fell into an enormous crack. Not a great day all round. Probably should have stayed in Germany.

This one is hard to visualize without seeing the video. A Florida woman was using a motorized massage chair and somehow got her foot trapped among rollers used to massage the legs. Firefighters had to cut away portions of the apparatus to free her.
Florida firefighters rescue woman with foot caught in massage chair

Firefighters in Florida conducted an unusual rescue when they were summoned to assist a woman whose foot became stuck in a massage chair.

City of Naples Fire-Rescue said firefighters responded to a report of a person with their leg stuck in a massage chair and they arrived to find the woman's foot was stuck in a part of the chair intended to massage the legs. ...

The firefighters cut off the power to the chair and used a grinder to cut through the steel rods holding the chair's rollers in place. ...
SOURCE: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2022/10/17/Naples-Fire-Rescue-massage-chair/7091666035510/

VIDEO (@ Facebook):

Reading these brings back my extreme embarrassment at being trapped on my own landing by a piece of furniture I was moving. I got it jammed at the bottom of my upstairs stairs where the landing and stair bend contrive to make a very narrow passage. I was on the far side of the furniture (chest of drawers, IIRC) so stuck on the staircase that leads to my attic. I'd left my phone downstairs and had a few horrible minutes where I contemplated shouting out of the attic window to try to attract attention, before I managed (at my advanced age) to clamber over the bannister, leaving the stuck furniture where it was.

It was quite the panic for a while. I was imagining all those headlines you see about 'person died trapped in cupboard' type things. In the end all I got was some impressive bruises.

Liked…..but not for liking the thought of you meeting your maker due to an uncooperative set of drawers…..I can see it happening quite easily, especially if shifting furniture on one’s own!
I very nearly ended up being crushed by a rather weighty wardrobe on the staircase by doing exactly that!

and somehow got her foot trapped among rollers
Is that a tiny-ish Size 3 (UK) foot, or an average Size 4 (UK) foot, held in large hands?

(A US/CAN Size 5 or a US/CAN Size 6? EURO35 vs EURO37?)

so stuck on the staircase that leads to my attic
I'm intrigued: how exactly did you then get past it (and therefore accumulate all those bruises)? Did you go over it, under it, or jump over the bannister?

Reading these brings back my extreme embarrassment at being trapped on my own landing by a piece of furniture I was moving. I got it jammed at the bottom of my upstairs stairs where the landing and stair bend contrive to make a very narrow passage. I was on the far side of the furniture (chest of drawers, IIRC) so stuck on the staircase that leads to my attic. I'd left my phone downstairs and had a few horrible minutes where I contemplated shouting out of the attic window to try to attract attention, before I managed (at my advanced age) to clamber over the bannister, leaving the stuck furniture where it was.

It was quite the panic for a while. I was imagining all those headlines you see about 'person died trapped in cupboard' type things. In the end all I got was some impressive bruises.
Geez @catseye, you do have some stories.

Is that a tiny-ish Size 3 (UK) foot, or an average Size 4 (UK) foot, held in large hands?

(A US/CAN Size 5 or a US/CAN Size 6? EURO35 vs EURO37?)

I'm intrigued: how exactly did you then get past it (and therefore accumulate all those bruises)? Did you go over it, under it, or jump over the bannister?
I think I mentioned, I climbed over the bannister? It was a fair old drop to the landing below and I'm not as limber as I used to be. Hence the bruises.

I think I mentioned, I climbed over the bannister? It was a fair old drop to the landing below and I'm not as limber as I used to be. Hence the bruises.
Bannister for the upstairs stairs or the downstairs stairs?

Back