• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Magnetic Fields: Detection & Measurement

Did anything come of this research?

I am developing a 300Hz to 15 kHz VLF receiver to listen to whistlers, the dawn chorus, etc.

(That's not my recording by the way!)

But it's occurred to me that VLF baseline recordings made miles away from standing stones (and power cables!) and then around standing stones, both compared and displayed using software in the video may be revealing.

Did anyone contact the VLF yahoo group I suggested?

Did anything come of this research?

I am developing a 300Hz to 15 kHz VLF receiver to listen to whistlers, the dawn chorus, etc.

(That's not my recording by the way!)

But it's occurred to me that VLF baseline recordings made miles away from standing stones (and power cables!) and then around standing stones, both compared and displayed using software in the video may be revealing.

Did anyone contact the VLF yahoo group I suggested?
Just a passing note, for what ever's it's worth. These low audio range frequencies can be very hard to detect using remote or wireless methods due to their long wavelengths, i.e.: The length for a 300 Hz wavelength is ~ 1000 Km's so unless your right on top of it you really can't practically receive the signal?

Back