• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Prepared to be... underwhelmed.

Shepherd Bushiri is a Malawian-born charismatic preacher and businessman who rose to fame in the early 2010s for his “prophetic” and “healing ministry.” He is the founder and leader of the Enlightened Christian Gathering (ECG) church, which has branches across Africa and worldwide.

In 2015, Bushiri launched his own TV channel, Prophetic Channel, which broadcasts his sermons and teachings to millions of worldwide viewers. He has also written several books, including “Healing in His Wings” and “Prayer of Jehu.”

Bushiri epitomizes the worst excesses of the charismatic movement and prosperity gospel, fleecing the flock for filthy gain. One of the wealthiest ‘pastors’ in the world with an estimated $150M-$300M net income, he lives a lavish lifestyle surrounded by expensive cars, multiple private jets, and multiple luxurious homes. Famously, he bought his six-year-old daughter a $400,000 Maserati for her fourth birthday.

In 2019, he made headlines when he was arrested on fraud and money laundering charges in South Africa, where he had been living since 2015. In March 2021, South African Police charged Shepherd Bushiri with 16 counts of rape relating to 8 different victims, but he fled the country and sought asylum in Malawi, where he is currently living.

Despite his legal troubles and clear evidence of being huckster, Bushiri maintains a large following and continues attracting thousands of people to his church services and events. He routinely claims to perform unbelievable miracles, like healing the sick, raising the dead, and walking on air.

Last year, he provided evidence of his abilities, and to say the results were unconvincing would be an understatement.

Bushiri is a lost man, and a heretic, and the fact that he still maintains a massive following is an indictment on all parties involved.

Source:
https://protestia.com/2023/03/29/miracle-this-pastor-posted-a-video-of-himself-walking-on-air/

He routinely claims to perform unbelievable miracles, like healing the sick, raising the dead, and walking on air.
Surely "unbelievable" is the very essence of a miracle, which should be something otherwise impossible... if it were believable, it wouldn't be a miracle.

Shepherd Bushiri is a Malawian-born charismatic preacher and businessman who rose to fame in the early 2010s for his “prophetic” and “healing ministry.” He is the founder and leader of the Enlightened Christian Gathering (ECG) church, which has branches across Africa and worldwide.

In 2015, Bushiri launched his own TV channel, Prophetic Channel, which broadcasts his sermons and teachings to millions of worldwide viewers. He has also written several books, including “Healing in His Wings” and “Prayer of Jehu.”

Bushiri epitomizes the worst excesses of the charismatic movement and prosperity gospel, fleecing the flock for filthy gain. One of the wealthiest ‘pastors’ in the world with an estimated $150M-$300M net income, he lives a lavish lifestyle surrounded by expensive cars, multiple private jets, and multiple luxurious homes. Famously, he bought his six-year-old daughter a $400,000 Maserati for her fourth birthday.

In 2019, he made headlines when he was arrested on fraud and money laundering charges in South Africa, where he had been living since 2015. In March 2021, South African Police charged Shepherd Bushiri with 16 counts of rape relating to 8 different victims, but he fled the country and sought asylum in Malawi, where he is currently living.

Despite his legal troubles and clear evidence of being huckster, Bushiri maintains a large following and continues attracting thousands of people to his church services and events. He routinely claims to perform unbelievable miracles, like healing the sick, raising the dead, and walking on air.

Last year, he provided evidence of his abilities, and to say the results were unconvincing would be an understatement.

Bushiri is a lost man, and a heretic, and the fact that he still maintains a massive following is an indictment on all parties involved.

Source:
https://protestia.com/2023/03/29/miracle-this-pastor-posted-a-video-of-himself-walking-on-air/
:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
This does remind me of the old boy who appeared on That's Life, claiming to walk on water. He got a bowl of water and jumped over it, putting one foot on the surface of the water.

Source:
David Blaine eat your heart out!

Christ on a fucking bike!!

Sorry, that was an exclamation of exasperation, not an observation - despite the fact that the supposed air walking does suggest someone riding a small shit unicycle, shitly - rather than actually walking (or possibly a very inebriated Kenneth Williams stepping gingerly over a puddle of cat piss while wearing his mother's fluffy slippers.)

I say again - Christ on a bike!

:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:
This does remind me of the old boy who appeared on That's Life, claiming to walk on water. He got a bowl of water and jumped over it, putting one foot on the surface of the water.
Or the poor dog that made a noise something like "swasajus" when his normal bark was interrupted by his owner working his jaw up and down.

Source:
OMG. I'm now a believer. Quick, where's my cheque book........

This Kenyan minister might have outdone that levitation with his channeling of the Power of the Holy Spirit.

Screenshot 2023-10-14 at 11.28.02 PM.png

I was going to leave a comment but I can't find the rights words.

I had to pick myself up off the floor too.
My ribs are bruised with all the laughing.

I remember many many years ago a man on BBC's Nationwide - sadly missed - who claimed to walk on water and was prepared to demonstrate it.

What he actually did was leap over a bucket of water and place one foot in it as he went over. As I recall it the guy was actually serious and the expressions of the presenters were joy to behold. I can't remember if Nationwide was a live program.

I don't think they were deliberately humiliating the guy, I think it was meant as a demonstration of what sort of eccentrics we Brits could produce in the good old days.

I remember many many years ago a man on BBC's Nationwide - sadly missed - who claimed to walk on water and was prepared to demonstrate it.

What he actually did was leap over a bucket of water and place one foot in it as he went over. As I recall it the guy was actually serious and the expressions of the presenters were joy to behold. I can't remember if Nationwide was a live program.

I don't think they were deliberately humiliating the guy, I think it was meant as a demonstration of what sort of eccentrics we Brits could produce in the good old days.
See Mythos post #14 above C.

This Kenyan minister might have outdone that levitation with his channeling of the Power of the Holy Spirit.

To my outside eye the dancing is reminiscent of those ridden by an orixa at a candomble? My spelling will be way off, I saw the videos/films decades above.

Back