• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Male Bodybuilders & Action Stars Lose Their Testicular Function From Drug Abuse

MrRING

Android Futureman
This is kind of a weird one. I know from my trans woman friend that the hormones she is on eventually killed the functioning of her testicles. By taking the cocktail of hormones she now takes, the body feels that the male hormones are no longer needed, so the testicles stop working. I don't think the tissue is dead, but they just stop working, so no more ejaculation and no more testosterone. (She is not undergoing bottom surgery, so will be keeping them). She also has to keep taking her drug cocktail for life, because the body must have a small amount if either estrogen or testosterone to survive.

With this knowledge from real life, I came across a story about a former "steroid supplier to the stars" who was talking about that some of the most macho action stars and body builders no longer have working testicles. Their claim was that the steroids, male growth hormones, and artificial testosterone can have the same effect as the hormone cocktail as trans women have. Even though it's male hormones, if the body detects the substances in the body that it looks to be created from the testicles from the various drugs being used, it will turn the testicles off in the same way as the trans cocktail.

According to the person expressing this story, people who use those things can use them in limited amounts of time to build muscles and the manly action physique, but that if you aren't careful and keep taking them for an overly sustained period, you can accidentally turn off your testicles. Supposedly, some big name folks have done that very thing, and thus have to keep getting illegal amounts of steroids and other things to maintain their muscle and health.

The main person mentioned as having this problem was Sylvester Stallone, who apparently had a hushed-up arrest trying to get steroids and human growth hormones and artificial testosterone into another country while making a film. However, they implied that most of the macho bodybuilding stars have this same problem.

So what thinks the Good Ship Forteana? Reasonable, or just a UL?

I do know that that the hormones, in the ordinary and conventional development of people, work in a highly-choreographed way.

Blokes who imagine that extra Testosterone is a short-cut to bigger and better manhood can be unsettled by its actual effects.

I gather that Testosterone naturally clicks-in to curtail Growth Hormone, when the male is nearing maturity. So it can act as a growth-inhibitor!

Shorter, hairy blokes can lay claim, for what it's worth, to being more Testosterone-ridden (driven?) that taller, willowy types. :yay:

I have also seen video footage of female-to-male trans. people enjoying their first rush of intravenous Testosterone, however; they go Wheeeeee! :headspinner:

Last edited:
I have also seen video footage of female-to-male trans. people enjoying their first rush of intravenous Testosterone, however; they go Wheeeeee! :headspinner:
There is an immediate effect that is felt, or is it in anticipation of the effects?

Steroid abuse has been quite an issue among young men trying to get a quick fix to gain bulk - as well as among certain professions such as wrestling.

The contemporary idealised image of a `ripped`man` is one that is hard to achieve without artificial means, such as steroids (compare pictures of `Mr Universe` and so on from previous times - say the Forties or fifties to get an idea) - so it's very tempting for those seeking to attain this image to take steroids and thereby they can become dependent on them.

This in turn has been known to lead to criminality as the substance has psychological side effects such as heightened aggression and impu
lsivity.

Penis shrinkage does seem, from what I've read, to be another possible side effect - although not the most widespread one. However, it might not be such a bad thing to put that idea out there - to discourage men from going to down the excess steroid route.

More on steroid abuse:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/medicine-and-dentistry/steroid-abuse

There is an immediate effect that is felt, or is it in anticipation of the effects?
It looked and sounded like they were experiencing a rush, as the hormone hit their systems. It's a long time since I saw the footage but I think a group of them were filmed together, so expectations and group dynamics may have led to some exaggeration for the cameras! :thought:

My friend totally felt the first rush of estrogen (and whatever else is in the cocktail). But after that initial rush of (likely) placebo effect, the first true manifestations of changes to skin and hair didn't start for another two months.

Why does it make their veins pop like that. It actually makes my skin crawl when I see that. :yuck:
Most bodybuilders don't have the vein popping in regular day to day life. As I understand it, they semi-starve themselves before competitions to get the most definition and least fat on their bodies, which is a reason why there are so many bodybuilders who collapse in competition or die in the training of or right after.

https://nypost.com/2022/05/31/bodybuilder-paul-poloczek-suddenly-dies-hours-after-tournament/

And some footage of a non-fatality:

Back