• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Male Breastfeeding....

kiel_d

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
:wtf:

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_700634.html

Widower learns to breastfeed

A Sri Lankan widower has attracted the attention of doctors for his ability to breastfeed his young daughter.

Mr B Wijeratne, from Walapanee, near Colombo, took to breastfeeding her soon after his wife died three months ago while giving birth to their second child.

His elder daughter, 18-month-old Nisansala Madhushani, was so used to her mother's milk that she would not take formula milk.

Mr Wijeratne told Sinhalese language newspaper Lankadeepa: "My child would reject the powdered milk I tried feeding through a bottle.

"Unable to see her cry I offered my breast. That's when I discovered that I could breastfeed her."

The 38-year-old's ability to produce milk was noticed by doctors at the government hospital in the town of Kurunegala.

Dr Kamal Jayasinghe, a spokesman for the hospital, said: "Men with a hyperactive prolactine hormone can produce breast milk."

His younger daughter, who has still to be named, has taken to powdered milk.

Story filed: 07:03 Friday 1st November 2002

--kiel--

Just be careful of any men who offer to perform this trick with the
lights out. :eek:

My kids' father fed them too, all 4 of them.

Chpis, fish fingers, beans on toast.......

A kid of 18 months should be well weaned and has no need of tittyfeeding. This bloke should have better things to do.

And thank you for the warning, James!

Back