• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
A US Air Force captain has recalled a terrifying moment in which his nuclear base came "under attack from a UFO".

He described how guards were left "frightened", "screaming" and "babbling" by the bizarre sighting, which has been covered up for more than 50 years.

Robert Salas, a retired US Air Force Captain, was heading up a Malmstrom base in Montana back in 1967.

He and his colleagues saw eight orange-coloured lights over the base, which was holding 10 nuclear missiles.

Mr Salas described how guards dashed for safety as an "oval-shaped craft" disarmed the nukes.

In National Geographic's new series UFOs: Investigating The Unknown, to be released this week, Mr Salas told the show: "I kind of dismissed it. I even said: 'You mean like UFOs?' About five minutes later he calls back he is screaming.

"When I hung up the phone I thought we were under attack. We could see the lights going from green to red all across the board meaning the missiles were inoperable."

Despite the fact that a large part of the US' nuclear capability was wiped out during the incident, it was never investigated by authorities.

The staff present at the time also had to sign documents swearing them to secrecy.

Three years after the incident, the US Air Force stopped its UFO investigation saying no reported sighting had ever posed a threat.

Article Continues:
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/worl...9&cvid=9a22c6e8b32341c388f7509d4ff214d8&ei=19

Last edited by a moderator:
That story seems to grow every time Salas repeats it. In the early versions he was in the control room deep underground and didn't see any UFOs. At best he heard that part second or third hand, if it happened at all.
I suppose it supplements his pension.

That story seems to grow every time Salas repeats it. In the early versions he was in the control room deep underground and didn't see any UFOs. At best he heard that part second or third hand, if it happened at all.
I suppose it supplements his pension.
The next version is yet to come. In that version, he is flying the UFO!

Reactions: BS3
To be fair, Salas still maintains he didn't see anything. Poor reporting from the Daily Express is giving the wrong impression here.

An earlier thread discusses this event in some detail, starting here;
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...ledge-disclosure-s.65864/page-48#post-2117308
Salas originally claimed to have been at Echo Flight when this happened, but it was shown later that he was not - he was instead at Oscar Flight, several miles away. He then claimed that a similar outage occured at Oscar Flight a week or so later - but this outage was not recorded in any of the logs. A few people have come forward and said that they remember the second outage, and also the reports of UFOs that accompanied this outage- I should point out that no first hand witness can be found that actually saw the UFOs associated with the Oscar flight outage. Assuming it happened at all, it could easily have been a repeat of the Echo flight fault.
Salas could not possibly have seen anything in the sky since he was required to be at his post underground when on duty.

Back