• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Man In A Human Suit

A

Anonymous

About 2 years ago, while at my mother's house one morning, I was in my bedroom blowdrying my hair. ( there's more--hang on)
I heard my mother calling me from downstairs and when I went down to see what she wanted there was a ummmmm..............well let's call him a man .......at the front door.
I hesitate to call him that because he just didnt look right. When I think about how to describe him, I think I can sum it up by saying his hair, skin and clothes were sort of on sideways.
Wow that sounds ridiculous ( I am laughing but let me tell you I didnt find it funny at the time..and my mom was scared to death).
It wasn't that he was unkempt exactly.......it seemed almost like he put on a "human suit" that morning and zipped it up and he just wasn;t inside of it very well.
This is probably making no sense but i dont know how else to say it.
Anyway, he looked at me immediately and said he ran out of gas and could I take him down to the gas station to get some.
I peered past him and saw his car sitting on the shoulder of the road. Then I told him No, but he could wait in his car while i went and got the gas for him.
He said Okay, handed me 10 dollars and went off to wait.

(AS IF I am going to get this creature in my truck and drive off with him!! NOT.)

I got a gas jug from the shed, drove and got the gas. When i got back, he poured it in the car, spilling at least half of it all over the road. He didn't seem all that dexterous. I was surprised he even knew where to put the gas.
He told me to keep the change, and he left.
My mother and I had a huge discussion about him. She said she never saw anyone look like that, almost like he wasn't.....well almost like he was an......alien or something. GULP.
I agree something was way wrong. My instinct knew immediately something was not right.
And to get to my place, he would have had to drive right past the gas station...why didn't he get gas then?
Looking back, I remember the minute I first laid eyes on him and my instinct kicked in telling me something was definitely wrong with the whole situation.
Good ole instinct....

(Twilight Zone music....)

The "human suit" description is common enough in Men-in-Black reports. Weird.

What kind of car was he driving? What clothes was he wearing? What did his voice sound like? How tall was he?

Chia said:
The "human suit" description is common enough in Men-in-Black reports. Weird.
Yes, does sound like a MIB type encounter.
I second Graylien's request for more details!

He probably didn't want to go to the gas station, because there would be more people there who would see him. Knocking on your door and asking you was a kind of risk/damage limitation for him.
It does sound like a classic MIB, but there are plenty of poor people about who have been burns victims and had lots of skin grafts etc. Might it have been somebody like that?

*Shiver* Why when reading this do i think of a locked garage at the rear of a police station in backswoods America ?

From A Buick 8

Mythopoeika said:
It does sound like a classic MIB, but there are plenty of poor people about who have been burns victims and had lots of skin grafts etc. Might it have been somebody like that?

That was my first reaction upon reading this.

I third graylien's request for more information, Redhead!

Hey Tangletwigs I was reminded of Kings low men as well. Perhaps a wandering survivor after the final punch up in the dark tower series ;)

The first thing I thought of was Ed Gein. I don't think he was the only murderer who liked to "wear" his victims after the fact. :shock: It's a good thing you didn't get in the car with him.

I love Steven King but have not read any of the Dark Tower series or From a Buick 8. Plus I think the Buick tale is very recent and this incident happened about 3 years ago.

He was only about as tall as me...i am 5 foot 4. His car was nothing special..i dont remember the make or model..just a very average car, but certainly not new.
His voice sounded normal I think, nothing out of the ordinary. His clothes were shabby, like he had them on for 3 days. He smelled of a strong aftershave, like dirty people do who are trying to cover up their natural odor ( lol).

If it was a MIB, I dont know why it came to us...we had not encountered a UFO.

He did not look like a burn victim. He had no scars, he just literally looked uncomfortable in his skin. Very hard to describe but I have not seen any other human being look like that.

I have more creepy weirdo stuff to post...i will get back to you on something mega weird my mother encountered several years ago.

Readhead

If memory serves right, the 'low men' characters of kings also use strong aftershave to cover their natural scent LOL. If you see a guy dressed like a cowboy, with missing fingers on his left hand just dont get involved ;)

If your survival instincts were aroused by the individual that much then something was wrong. Its not often we trust them enought to act on them - as you did by making him wait away from the house.

Ok, this low men thing is starting to make me wonder.

Maybe I encountered a "being" that later came to life in Stephen King's mind. ( I hope he reads this board).

If I remember correctly (always an iffy proposition), there have been cases of people being visited by the MIB without any prior UFO experience. As to the burn victim hypothesis, I used to have a neighbor whose house had burned down with her inside (!!) She would wear a wig, make-up, and long sleeved clothing to hide the scars. When the weather was warm, and she'd had a nip (or two) of gin, the wig would be a bit crooked, and she'd wear short sleeved blouses, and her make-up would be a bit haphazard. If you didn't know she was a burn victim, you'd simply think she was a bit daft. She was possibly on meds, and would ramble quite a lot when spoken to. She also kept sixteen stray cats inside her house. Someone like this could give you an uneartly 'vibe'.

It is possible, Prof. And I could be misconstruing things and assuming it was a weird creature......we do all loved to be scared.

However, something tells me this was no ordinary man.

Q:"Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?"
A:"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"

Donnie Darko
----

sureshot

The character you encounted sounds rather short and shabby compared to the classic archetypal Man in Black - but then just as not all ghosts rattle chains and groan, perhaps not all MIB's wear shiny suits and drive around in immaculate black Cadillacs.

There are numerous cases on record of people who have encountered strange entities who appear to have broken down, and who occasionally request help from passers by (although they generally ask for water rather than fuel). Rather than post dozens of links to individual cases, a good starting point is Jim Hickmans slightly haphazard article "The Alien Breakdown Syndrome" at: http://www.rense.com/ufo6/biz.htm

Wow, reading this just reminded me of something that happened to me in college that I had completely forgotten about. Late one Sunday night, I was driving home from visiting a friend at a nearby university. It was late (11:30 or 12:00) and snowing very hard. These were all 2 lane, country roads which were very snowcovered and for most of the way I was the only one on the road. About half way thru my trip, a car passed me going VERY fast and coming from seemingly out of nowhere. I hadn't noticed him coming up behind me, which you normally would, especially when the roads are that empty. But I might have just been concentrating on the road ahead. Anyway, within minutes (if not seconds), he was out of sight and I was alone on the road again. About ten minutes later, I came on a man standing in the middle of the other lane, facing away from me. The car that had passed me was about 30 yards out in the field on the other side of the road. As I was only going about 20mph, it took me a few seconds to get to him. He never turned around or looked at me. As I came up next to him, I rolled my window down and asked him if he needed a ride or anything. After a very long pause (long enough for me to consider driving away and leaving him there) he turned to me and nodded his head up and down. Didn't say a word - just walked around the car and got in the passenger side. It immediately struck me that something was very wrong but at that point I thought he might be in shock or something. I started driving again, making small talk, seeing if he was okay. He said he was fine and then didn't say anything else at all no matter what I said. At that point I tried to casually look at him without being obvious and it really hit me that there was something wrong not only with how he acted but how he looked - sort of "put-together" somehow. Needless to say I was getting very uncomfortable as I still had at least an hour of driving left. Suddenly, he said very loudly "STOP! STOP! STOP!" This scared the heck out of me and I slammed on the brakes, almost sliding off the road in the process. As soon as the car stopped, he got out of the car very quickly and started walking towards a deserted barn that I hadn't even noticed about 15 yards off the road. He walked to the front of it and just stood there, looking back the way we had come. Now I was really confused. Not wanting to just leave him there in the middle of nowhere, in the middle of the night, in a snowstorm, I rolled down my window and asked him what he was doing. Again after a long pause, he turned to me and said "They'll be here for me soon. You better go." This was so out of context I didn't know what to say next. There were no cell phones in those days so there was no way he had called anyone - how could "they" know to come for him? Then he turned towards me and suddenly began walking, almost running, towards my car. That was enough for me - I hit the accelerator and took off but with the snow, my car kept sliding and I thought for a second he was going to catch me. The last I saw in my rear view mirror he was just standing in the middle of the road. It took me a couple of days to get over the whole thing and I don't think I ever drove that route again by myself. Sorry for the excessive length - I can't believe I haven't thought about that for such a long time.

Redhead: Great story, and welcome aboard! :hello:
Your story certainly sounds MIB-ish, but I do have a question. I was given to understand that MIBs are somewhat... socially awkward. IIRC, they have trouble straying from their "agenda," whatever that may be. Do you remember any odd behavior, or was it just the look of this man that put you off? (Oh, and if I'm a little off on my thoughts on MIBs, someone *gently* reprimand me -- I bruise easy ;) )

Sureshot said:
Q:"Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?"
A:"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
Glad I'm not the only one to have thought of that quote. :lol:

Evo Schandor welcome to you as well. :hello: Hell of a frightening story you have there. My only thought is it's possible he was an elderly person with dementia or Alzheimer's who just had wandered off. I guess it happens with some regularity, but your encounter certainly seems more... paranormal than most of those cases, tho sometimes Alzheimer's or dementia-stricken persons can behave quite erratically.

At any rate, great tale, and welcome aboard! :)

lol.. to me it just sounds like some bloke who's totally lost the plot.
good story tho' :)

Scary stuff, Evo. I've had the pleasure of knowing quite a few people who've "lost the plot" but I don't think any of them would be mad enough to get out of a warm car in the middle of a snowstorm. (Unless perhaps the mysterious hitchhiker had dropped some acid and was hallucinating? But then again, would someone "tripping" even be capable of driving?)

Again, I'd quite like to know what kind of car he had been driving, how he was dressed, and how old he appeared to be.

I wonder how many of these experiences go unreported? We may only know about the tip of the iceberg.

Great thread and spectacular posts by Redhead and Evo. Thanks.

These days, we are much more accepting of people that, because of injury or accident of birth, look "wrong" to us. But I also don't doubt Red and Evo's intuition.

Evo, when you saw the car in the field, was it wrecked? Did it appear that the guy lost control? I would have thought he was in shock too, as well as, shall we say "medicated."

I still lean towards a more prosaic conclusion to both of these stories, only because there are many more burn victims, drug addicts and people with dementia than MIBs or tulpas. Otherwise their existance would not be questioned.

Great stories.

How on earth did you forget that encounter Evo?

Redhead: have you seen the film Men In Black?
There's a character in the film who is a giant insectoid, who uses the skin of a dead man for a disguise.
The man you describe sounds awfully like the way this character looked and acted. Does that sound right?

Elffriend said:
"How on earth did you forget that encounter Evo?"

That would have been my natural reaction until the last 18 months or so. I have had a few inexplicable experiences in that timeframe that I've completely forgotten for periods of time. None of them are near the caliber of the ones posted here, but I would never have expected I would forget having a fortean experience. I now write things down in a notebook so I don't forget dates or details.

Redhead,

I TOTALLY know what you mean! Somewhere on here is an encounter i had a few months back of some guy who came to my door asking me all types of bizarre questions about food . . . there was something extremely wrong about him, but couldn't put my finger on it . . . you did. He did seem to be wearing a human suit. Good analogy.

What ARE these people?

-Fitz

Evo, that is a wild experience. Very unnerving!
I am glad you posted it here.

Mytho, I did see the first Men in Black movie but didn't care much for it and don't recall much about it since it didn't really interest me. ( I don't like Hollywood hyped up versions of paranormal stuff). So i am not sure if the man I saw was like the movie character.

Fitz, Sounds like the same kind of character I encountered. Wish i knew who or what they are!

Back