• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Man wins bubble gum contest from 1957

kamalktk

Antediluvian
Almost like a years old message in a bottle, Dallas Texas man finds old bubble gum baseball card contest from 1957, enters and wins the contest.

Link: http://www.dallasnews.com/news/loca...for-contest-entry-submitted-59-years-late.ece

more at link above
===================
It's been a year tinged with sadness for Darwin Day — but also one that has turned into "a complete joyride."
After his brother died of cancer earlier this year, it prompted Day to do some soul searching — and some housecleaning. In the midst of that, the 70-year-old Grand Prairie resident and lifelong baseball fan discovered a complete collection of Topps baseball cards from 1957-58.

WIN THESE SWELL PRIZES IN THE 4TH BAZOOKA BASEBALL CONTEST, the cards read on the back.

Day noticed something in the fine print: No year was given to enter the contest.

Fair play to Bazooka for honouring it! Good PR for them, I guess.

Both Darwin Day and Tony Jacobs strike me as genuinely good people. I'm glad the stars aligned and brought them together.

I wonder if the guy who won also got the cards back ? .. they're probably worth quite a bit if they're in good enough condition.

Back