• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Man With Missing Time Now Has Missing Finger

It looks like it was bitten off. :eek:

I saw a fascinating documentary film once where this little chap was just standing on the edge of a volcano when his finger was a bitten off and he lost a valuable ring...
Was it this documentary?

I saw a fascinating documentary film once where this little chap was just standing on the edge of a volcano when his finger was a bitten off and he lost a valuable ring...

I think you've cracked the case mate-

gollum-ending_zpsmcyi8b1n.jpg~original

I smell a rat. He's left it far too late to sort out now. He'd have surely been more interested back in November when it first happened, so why didn't he go to the police then?

Also, five weeks off work with a severed finger-tip seems excessive. Not because he wouldn't need that much time but because his job is most likely minimum wage and possibly even agency so he wouldn't get sick pay. Someone in that position might sadly need to go back to work before they're really well enough to pay the bills.

Maybe he got abusive and gave someone the finger.
That may be the most likely explanation.
He was probably super-pissed and did that, then fell unconscious. The other guy probably bit his finger off and can't remember it because he was super-pissed too.

I reckon he was teleported to the Dyatlov Pass, noticed a local with a bottle of vodka and still feeling thirsty, robbed it off him. After a 3 hour chase into the high snowy peaks, he was caught in an avalanche which left only his bottom sticking out of the snow. At this point, a randy Russian Mountain Man Ape spotted the opportunity. Whereupon the semi-frozen unfortunate bit his own finger off as brutal nature took its course. Being drunk, his supernatural ManDrunk Homing Instinct then kicked in and he made it back to a ditch near his home before passing out.

Case solved!

I reckon he was teleported to the Dyatlov Pass, noticed a local with a bottle of vodka and still feeling thirsty, robbed it off him. After a 3 hour chase into the high snowy peaks, he was caught in an avalanche which left only his bottom sticking out of the snow. At this point, a randy Russian Mountain Man Ape spotted the opportunity. Whereupon the semi-frozen unfortunate bit his own finger off as brutal nature took its course. Being drunk, his supernatural ManDrunk Homing Instinct then kicked in and he made it back to a ditch near his home before passing out.

Case solved!

Occam's Razor dictates that this is the most likely explanation.

Occam's Razor probably cut off the fingertip.
I guess it's not so sharp. It chewed up the finger rather than cleanly slicing it off.

Couldn't find anywhere to put this, but mentioned in the current FT:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/i-lost-part-finger-night-1180887

Man goes out for a meal, wakes up hours later in a ditch with part of his finger missing. Nobody knows what happened him. I've heard of leaving a tip, but this is ridiculous.

Yeah thanks, Leicester Mercury, for putting the 'Warning Graphic Content' text below the icky picture. :conf2:

How odd, although I find it curious that the police weren't contacted straight away. and why he's only reporting it now. There's a few holes in the story too - .

I mean, he's asked his friends who were with him, if they knew anything - and his girlfriend says he just disappeared from the restaurant - so - did anyone see him go? If he was having a meal, presumably he didn't disappear right in front of his girlfriend, so did he get up to go to the toilet and not come back?

Did he literally disappear time-slip style and reappear at the park (there's plenty of stories in my Time Slips book about people who find themselves inexplicably somewhere else) or did he have some sort of fit/blackout that caused him to forget that he went to the park?

I'd be interested to see the photos he took, I wonder if they would yield any clues.

his girlfriend says he just disappeared from the restaurant - so - did anyone see him go? If he was having a meal, presumably he didn't disappear right in front of his girlfriend, so did he get up to go to the toilet and not come back?

's'bollocks innit. They'd be curious/worried/annoyed if he split before the meal was over. The group would expect him to cough up his share for the food for a start; then there's the question of where his girlfriend thought he was, or rather who he was sneaking off to see. He'd've been asked to explain himself to them all months ago.

The finger injury might be from a crush/tear incident, like being trapped in a car door. However, speaking from experience that'd be painful enough to sober you up unless you were comatose. I was heard to howl like a wolf, even though I only lost a nail.

Maybe he'd mixed his substances and been too smashed to carry on eating. Wandered outside to smoke, become disorientated, tried to get in someone's car thinking it was a taxi, had the door slammed on his finger and then staggered around a bit more before collapsing for a snooze. We've all been there!

it looks like it been pulled/trapped rather that cut. The only way he'd not notice apart from being anaesthetised is that he was on opiates. And or a considerable amount of drugs.

I'd say he'd mixed way to much booze , with "other stuff" but not enough to make him sleep, got his finger stuck somewhere, pulled it out, looked at his mutilated finger and then wandered off. -Alcho/opiateish drugs kicked in enough for him to fall asleep.

Yeah thanks, Leicester Mercury, for putting the 'Warning Graphic Content' text below the icky picture. :conf2:

How odd, although I find it curious that the police weren't contacted straight away. and why he's only reporting it now. There's a few holes in the story too - .

I mean, he's asked his friends who were with him, if they knew anything - and his girlfriend says he just disappeared from the restaurant - so - did anyone see him go? If he was having a meal, presumably he didn't disappear right in front of his girlfriend, so did he get up to go to the toilet and not come back?

Did he literally disappear time-slip style and reappear at the park (there's plenty of stories in my Time Slips book about people who find themselves inexplicably somewhere else) or did he have some sort of fit/blackout that caused him to forget that he went to the park?

I'd be interested to see the photos he took, I wonder if they would yield any clues.

Getting up and just wandering off is pretty normal when you are fucked-up on drugs/booze. The new synthetics are something else and do really weird things to the body and produce some really scary blood results.

He was messed on alcohol and a weird synthetic, wandered outside, who knows what he did but got his finger trapped and the rest is history.

No one else involved -they knows this they are just out to make money.

Last edited:
Getting up and just wandering off is pretty normal when you are fucked-up on drugs/booze. The new synthetics are something else and do really weird things to the body and produce some really scary blood results.

He was messed on alcohol and a weird synthetic, (they bind with each other weirdly), wandered outside, who knows what he did but got his finger trapped and the rest is history.

No one else involved -they knows this they are just out to make money.

More or less what I said a few posts back! ;)

Reading it my first thought was "maybe he'd taken Spice" as that stuff can really mess you up. Still its a good story to tell the grandkids one day

Back