• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Man With Missing Time Now Has Missing Finger

Just on the subject of feeling/not feeling stuff when out of it on drugs/drink, in hospital in the early 70's a late middle age guy was brought in. He had apparently been p****d out of his brain and fell asleep next to an open fire at home. When he woke up most of his leg had burned away. Unfortunately I caught a glimpse of it and it's a sight I'll never forget. Don't make 'em like that anymore!

Hmmm... thoroughly debunked, it would seem... excellent analysis. It seems that I do not (yet, at least) share the investigative skills that many of you have shown on this thread.

Here was me thinking it must still be something 'unexplained and paranormal' but just that I had some questions (as I'd mentioned) whereas you all excellent chaps and chapesses cut right to the chase and exposed the story for what it was.

Ah well, I live and learn. Must try harder :)

Just on the subject of feeling/not feeling stuff when out of it on drugs/drink, in hospital in the early 70's a late middle age guy was brought in. He had apparently been p****d out of his brain and fell asleep next to an open fire at home. When he woke up most of his leg had burned away. Unfortunately I caught a glimpse of it and it's a sight I'll never forget. Don't make 'em like that anymore!

That's a pretty severe case of 'fireside tartan'.

Couldn't find anywhere to put this, but mentioned in the current FT:
https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/i-lost-part-finger-night-1180887 Man goes out for a meal, wakes up hours later in a ditch with part of his finger missing. Nobody knows what happened him. I've heard of leaving a tip, but this is ridiculous.

1) Getting blackout drunk explains this.
2) This guy would lose his head if it wasn't screwed on
3) Attacked by the ghost of Dave Allen
4) What did the leper say to the prostitute? You can keep the tip.

Back