• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Manises UFO Incident: The Best Case Ever?

Rappinghood

Devoted Cultist
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manises_UFO_incident

Sorry if this has been covered before but it's my favourite case and I rarely see it mentioned anywhere.

I don't think UFOs are ET, the idea a civilization with god like technology would fly around in our atmosphere with technology roughly analogous to ours has never made sense to me but I've seen a few in my day and there's definitely something interesting to explore but all the best known cases never appeal to me as they tend to break down under scrutiny.

This one, however, is fantastic.

Civilian and military witnesses, a fighter jet unable to keep pace, the jet's weapons systems seemingly jammed?

Always thought this is the single best UFO encounter ever documented.

Probably oil refinery flares coupled with an unusually strong temperature inversion, leading a pilot who was under a lot of stress at the time to panic:

http://www.nicap.org/reports/791111spanish_anomaly.htm

The jamming of the fighter aircraft's systems had an earthly source - an American warship.

It makes an interesting comparison with the Teheran case of a couple of years earlier.

It's still a great case - the explanation is a pretty remarkable series of coincidences (what are the chances of electronic countermeasures being used at the same time the incident occurred?) but it goes to show that a pretty remarkable series of coincidences is needed to produce a really good case.

It's still a great case - the explanation is a pretty remarkable series of coincidences (what are the chances of electronic countermeasures being used at the same time the incident occurred?) but it goes to show that a pretty remarkable series of coincidences is needed to produce a really good case.
Absolutely and remarkable coincidences are still an order of magnitude more likely than the alternative!

In some ways, the actual explanation is equally fascinating.

There was another cool incident where a Peruvian pilot actually opened fire on a UFO but it was likely a balloon.

O

One thing I've always noted is that UFOs always take on the appearance of culturally relevant objects.
Rockets and saucers etc in the past and now the look like drones.

That says a lot about the phenomena.
Before that there were the airships and before that fairy lights and encounters with the 'little people'.

There is a ufologist whose name escapes me now (Spanish, I think) who has suggested that an 'external agent' is able to project these encounters in order to hide its true identity and purpose, and thus the encounters move with cultural and scientific advances.

And presumably that would explain the `High strangeness` accounts.
He states it could either be our own subconscious or an external agent that has been around for a very long time. José is his first name I think and his surname begins with C.

Salvador Freixedo wrote along the same lines.

He states it could either be our own subconscious or an external agent that has been around for a very long time. José is his first name I think and his surname begins with C.
If it was Jose Cuervo, it was the booze talking

Reactions: BS3
Back