• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Manitoba Bigfoot Film and other footage

Who was that dark figure??

• Bigfoot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moose

• Bear

• Other animal

• Person/Fisherman

• Hoaxer in suit

• Other crypto

• Impossible to determine

• Jim Morrison

• Total voters
Why is it that it's only being shown as a video tape of a monitor? And I don't just mean Human_84's video. The original promo seems to be that as well, which means versions posted above have been blurred by going through video 3 times. Like running stuff through the photocopier a few too many times.

When we get a copy from the original it should be a little better

Yeah the tape I've been messing with came from a forumer who captured it with his camera from the Television. 'Soon as tonight we can get a better quality (and certainly longer) video of this. Probably 30% better quality at my estimation, and hopefully the clip will be all 49 seconds. Over and out...

Can the MODERATOR turn this thread into a POLL so we can vote on what it is?

Chris Baker said:

Post a list of options and I'll sort it out.

Emperor said:
Chris Baker said:

Post a list of options and I'll sort it out.

Change the order around to make more sense but....

Bigfoot
Moose
Bear
Other animal
Person/Fisherman
Hoaxer in suit
Other crypto

If he wants to add anything, or if you wanna take away some stuff i wont be hurt. Thats just a brainstorm what i did.

Impossible to determine as well, please. :)

I haven't watched the computer version, I'll wait until tonight when it's on TV, but even then I'm not expecting to draw too many conclusions.

BTW, will people outside the US be able see this?

Guys wait till we see a better version of this before you vote because many of you will likely wish to change your vote which you cannot do afterwards.

Thanks Human 84, you did a good job.

I hope `something` can be done with this.

A Current Affair is shown in Canada in syndication; I don't know about the other side of the pond. Thanks for all the work you did, Human.

FINALLY saw the video on TV's 'A Current Affair' ( could have done without the lumpy host's smirking and smarmy remarks ) and...it definitely shows SOMETHING. Whatever the distant, blurry shape represents, it is definitely standing, moving and stopping, and it appears to be quite large. I'm perfectly willing to accept that this might possibly represent a sasquatch, however, sadly, after all the hullaballoo, I'm just not all that impressed. As such, I'm afraid, the Patterson footage remains the best piece of ( celluloid ) evidence for the existence of non-human hairy hominids on the north american continent.

I'll echo ignatius' comments, prett much word for word. I will add, however, that even though this sounds a bit like some of the "no proof of conspiracy shows just how clever they are" folks, :eek: the quality of the video is almost an argument that, at the very least, the cameraman was not in on creating a deliberate hoax. I'd tend to think that if someone was trying to fake a bigfoot film the tempation to show a lot of details and produce 'another Patterson' would be really high. A better analogy might be someone who offers an improbable alibi during a trial: it hardly constitutes proof of their veracity, but part of you thinks "well, hell, if they were going to the trouble to invent something, surely they'd come up with something more convincing than that".

It's very large, human-like, furry, and indistinct. BTW, the aforementioned smirking, smarmy host indicated that they'd be bringing us special Bigfoot reports from Manitoba begining today. Probably not enough to get me to become a regular viewer of A Current Affair, though.

Information: The bigfoot community is appauled by this video. Many say it has been tampered with, many say they didnt show the full clip. People are demanding the real thing. Afterall, viewers of the original video claimed to see details like 6 inches of hair on the creature. Some think that current affair is trying to gain hype with this sice they are now having a full-time team of investigators giving us daily reports from norway house on their findings. Others say that its a government conspiracy because the people of this earth are simply not ready to cope with the fact that there are other humaniod beings in existance which can walk about; its too scary for most. Six-Million years on this planet, and we're not ready? I think I need to find another planet.

Well the famous Dr. Franklin Ruehl is going out in the bush to find this creature -so we should get some info soon! If anybody can find bigfoot-it is Dr. Franklin Ruehl.

I had to vote hoax, because something about it doesn't look right - too thin, perhaps. Or something. It's no Patterson film...

ruffready said:
Well the famous Dr. Franklin Ruehl is going out in the bush to find this creature -so we should get some info soon! If anybody can find bigfoot-it is Dr. Franklin Ruehl.

Can't someone just fly out in a helicopter fitted with a thermal imaging camera? That would spot him if he's there.

Chris Baker said:
ruffready said:

Can't someone just fly out in a helicopter fitted with a thermal imaging camera? That would spot him if he's there.

Hmm ruff, I'm not so sure. I've never been big on Hoagland and those folks.

Emperor said:
I'm not sure how reliable the source is but......

Martians Purposely Screwing With Earthly Probes

LOS ANGELES (Wireless Flash) -- Scientists have yet to connect with Europe's Beagle 2 Mars probe, but a nuclear physicist in Los Angeles has a spacey explanation: Martians are sabotaging the satellites.

Dr. Franklin Ruehl says there's been so many snafus connected with the Mars probes -- especially when compared to other space probes -- that Martian intervention can't be ruled out as a cause.

Evidence of intelligent life has yet to be found on Mars' surface, but Ruehl speculates that there's an underground civilization purposely trying to avoid detection by Earthlings.

He's not basing his theories on old sci-fi films. Ruehl says there are many structures on Mars that show signs of an advanced culture, including the famous "Face on Mars" and a giant cemetery near the polar caps which features perfectly arranged tombstones standing 200 feet high.

Ruehl realizes his theories are not mainstream science, but he figures to be vindicated soon because at least two Mars probes are reaching Mars in the coming weeks.

http://www.ncbuy.com/news/2003-12-31/1008589.html

Emps

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 109#310109

[/quote]

lopaka,

can you get pictures of that mars cemetary? i cant find anything on the net from my 5 minute search.

I saw A Current Affair, and this film perplexes me. It's not very clear, but I'm pretty sure we can rule out any moose, elk, or other 4-legged animal.

It's either the real deal or a guy in a suit. Interesting to hear about the depth of the water, though. Makes ya think.

Does anyone have a link to the footage (or stills) that aren't pulled from a screen or the promo? I'd like to see it before I respond to the poll.

Krobone said:
Does anyone have a link to the footage (or stills) that aren't pulled from a screen or the promo? I'd like to see it before I respond to the poll.

It's my understanding that A Current Affair received (paid for) licence to show the clip just twice. The man who took the video is still the owner. So unless he sells it, viewings of first (second?) generation copies may be hard to come by until the DVD is out or another program/entity purchases broadcast rights.

Human_84, I posted a link to what I think they might be referring to as the Martian 'cemeteries' on the Mars Monoliths thread: http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1815 :)

It all depends on if they can relate the film to a real area of the river.

Its so fuzzy Im afraid that might be hard.

Was this guy on his own or with others when he filmed it? If the former, we really only have his word on where it was taken.

Ok, I found a link to a part of the video.

Unless there is substantially better footage of the original video, I've got to say it's a joke. All I could see was a dark blur that could have been garbage bags fluttering in the breeze as much as Bigfoot (or just some guy). This is far from convincing - in fact it's the opposite of convincing.

Whats rediculous is that the "bigfoot" is not in the water, even though it was advertised as such. He is up on the bank obviously.

The film itself (well the clip from that site anyway) could show anything. Too fuzzy to be confident of any description, you can't judge the height of the dark blob because the background is unclear (the same goes for the length of stride) it is difficult to even determine the limbs.
And confidence isn't engendered by the 'team' they have put together to investigate this, which appears to be comprised of archetypal cartoon characters. The nutty professor, the corporate suit, and the chainsaw wielding bikini babe. I hope theres some serious research done here as well

This whole thing was a joke from beginning to end. My personal opinion of the man who took the video is not very high either. He seems “dubious” and “un-genuine” to me. The sort of person who would fake a big foot film for a pay check. That’s just the impression that I get from the man. I have been in doubt of the existence of big foot every since I saw the exposé on Fox some years ago. :sob:

Hmmm..extremely disappointing, even though I went in with what I think can fairly be described as modest expectations. Unless this is indeed some sort of "teaser" (and I believe that is wishful thinking), the footage is SO blurry/grainy as to show me next to nothing. I do feel that whatever "it" is, it appears to be bipedal, but I can see nothing in the video that, to my untrained eye, suggests it would be anything but a human being walking along. If there IS some way to get an estimate of height from the film, that would be interesting, but I honestly can't tell how some of the early reports (that the object is clearly standing in the water) can even be true -- the footage is SO grainy and unclear.

All that being said, it DOES, as some others have noted here, offer a sort of perverse suggestion that this is NOT a hoax -- it is hard for me to imagine a hoaxer who would bother to turn out something THIS "weak". Clearly, this film DID generate some cash for the man who took it, so I guess that puts my "too blurry to be a hoax" theory to lie, somewhat, but...

Shadow

If I was going to fake a big foot film I would make it blurry also. The reason? A non blurry one would be to complicated to make. I would just make it blurry and pretend that I was not 100% sure what it was but that it looked like a big foot to me when I saw and filmed it. Sell it to a tabloid TV show and I would just have made about 4 times what it takes me to make in a year. In fact I just might do it in a few years when this has died down and is out of the publics memory. Quick cash. :twisted:

Back