• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Manitoba Bigfoot Film and other footage

Who was that dark figure??

• Bigfoot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moose

• Bear

• Other animal

• Person/Fisherman

• Hoaxer in suit

• Other crypto

• Impossible to determine

• Jim Morrison

• Total voters
Such cynicism.

I still haven't seen it, I must check for links above (it's hard to say these days), but from the sounds of things it's not much of an improvement on the teaser ad that is linked above.

anome said:
Such cynicism.

I still haven't seen it, I must check for links above (it's hard to say these days), but from the sounds of things it's not much of an improvement on the teaser ad that is linked above.

Actually, the teaser I made is pretty much the best version out. The actual video shows practically nothing more, and its not slowed down. The current affair website shows the whole thing. Not the entire original airing, but the whole bigfoot tape is in it still.

Just a heads up to my fellow Canucks (and Murrikans with satellite dishes): CBC News (TV) will be running a feature on the Manitoba critter and film tonight; check local listings but it's generally on around 10 p.m.

Bigfoot team find 'evidence'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sat, May 14, 2005

Bigfoot buffs find 'evidence'

By Staff

Bigfoot could indeed be stomping his way through Nelson River bush country, suggests a team of experts who came to northern Manitoba earlier this month in search of the legendary creature.

A Bigfoot expedition team assembled by American tabloid news program A Current Affair discovered "physical evidence" such as hair strands, abnormal sized footprints and an alleged Bigfoot feeding ground

The expedition included world-renowned Bigfoot expert Dr. Franklin Ruehl, A Current Affair producer Brett Hudson and musician Cheri Currie.

A portion of the hair samples will be forwarded to the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization "for a thorough DNA analysis," according to A Current Affair news release.

The television program purchased murky video footage purporting to show Bigfoot walking along the banks of the Nelson River. It was shot by Norway House resident Bobby Clarke, who runs the local ferry.
http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/WinnipegS ... 8-sun.html
source

I'd rather see the hair samples sent to a university, but that's just me.

Me too.

This lot are just in it for money, that and getting egg on their faces.

Regardless of whoever does it, expiditions are a waste of time; you need someone to spend years in the field.

Second Bigfoot Sighting

Second Bigfoot Sighting In Norway House - Residents Seek Answers, Offer Photos of Evidence
A second bigfoot sighting has been reported by a young girl, and her play mates in Paupanekis Point, Norway House, Manitoba, which is located on the south end of the same First Nations reserve where ferryman, Bobby Clarke, videotaped a large, dark, bipedal creature walking along the bank of the Nelsen River.

The girls were close to a residential area, which borders the woods, at around 7:30-8:00 pm on May 20, when the encounter occurred. The woods are bordered by knee high grass, which is where the creature was standing in plain view, apparently watching the children play. One of the girls fainted from fright, after seeing "a huge creature." None of the children were hurt, but they are understandably still quite shaken, and afraid to be left alone.

Immediately following the sighting, a search party was assembled to investigate the surrounding area. Footprints were found where the actual sighting occurred, as well as deeper into the woods. Several more expeditions have been conducted since, and have resulted in finding more physical evidence. The size of some of the tracks measure "larger than a man`s size 16 shoe" said one witness, and have a clearly defined outline of the toes. The tracks have been preserved, photographed, and videotaped by Norway House residents.

PICTURES HERE AND SOURCE ARTICLE : http://birdiefoster.lockergnome.net/blo ... ves/2005/5

Anyone have any info on what became of this "story"?

When I first heard of this video, and read reports (allegedly from those who had seen it), I expected a LOT more than the wholly indistinct clips that have since turned up. It could be my ever-less-reliable memory, but some of the positive comments (re the clip) were, if I recall, not from those who owned the video (who might be expected to hype it some, especially if they had ideas of making some $ from selling it) but from some Bigfoot-afficianados who had seen it. There were mentions of being able to tell that the "whatever" was walking in the water, etc. From what I have seen, it is beyond me how ANYTHING of value could be derived from the footage (I grant that whatever is on the video DOES appear... probably.... to be bipedal).

SO... is this just another case of hype, or well-meaning enthusiasts getting very much carried away (a form of hype, yes, but a less selfserving form, I would argue)? Is there any more to this, or ....?

Shadow

It does seem to have died rather suddenly, doesnt it?

For supposedly the most important sighting of this week....

From what I have seen, it is beyond me how ANYTHING of value could be derived from the footage
you and me both brother! 8) hey shadow! i you can come down here off season we can rent a cabin on the Myakka River and look for the skunk ape and talk new world order crap!! cool!! http://www.myakkariver.org/

Bumping this thread, as I'll be merging sundry other alleged Bigfoot footage into it. The Patterson Gimlin film retains its own seperate thread.

Back