• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Martin Fido's Murder After Midnight

Yithian

Parish Watch
Staff member
Murder After Midnight:

Presented by Martin Fido was a feature of the Clive Bull show on London's LBC from 1987 to 2001 and was a hugely popular part of that show. Martin Fido is an expert on true crime and has written many books on the subject.

Martin Fido was the first Ripperologist I ever read and still my favourite. I remember listening to one or two of this radio series when they were first broadcast and have recently found a number of episodes online. I'm sure that some of my fellow members will enjoy them equally:

Here's a batch of nine from Youtube (recording quality lower but listenable):

Click to listen on YouTube and get the full playlist.

Here's a compilation of four:

https://www.mixcloud.com/tunnicliffe1972/murder-after-midnight-martin-fido-lbc/

1 - Marilyn Monroe. 2 - Ruth Ellis. 3 - Israel Lipski. 4 - John Reginald Halliday Christie

Last edited:
And harking back to Jack, somebody has kindly uploaded a much higher quality rebroadcast of the BBC's Timewatch production, Shadow of the Ripper (to which Martin Fido memorably contributes as a tour guide)

Last edited:
This full-length four-part series by Martin Fido is worth your time.

As ever, it demonstrates his formidable storytelling skills.

I'm faintly amused by the endearing way with which he reads 'fourpenny knee-trembler'!

Back