• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Meditating Monk Killed By Leopard

ScarlettR

Junior Acolyte
A meditating Buddhist monk has been killed by a leopard in a protected forest for the big cats, Indian police said.

It is the fifth such attack in the area this month.

Rahul Walke Bodhi was seated beneath a tree in Ramdegi forest in western India for morning prayers on Tuesday when the leopard pounced.

The 35-year-old monk suffered fatal injuries, police in Maharashtra state said.

Two other devotees meditating with him at the time escaped unscathed to alert police.

Continued:
https://www.rte.ie/news/newslens/2018/1213/1016911-monk-killed-in-leopard-attack/

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not funny. Oh no. Not funny at all. Nope. Nuh-uh.

A meditating Buddhist monk has been killed by a leopard in a protected forest for the big cats, Indian police said.

It is the fifth such attack in the area this month.

So people are sitting around thinking in a place reserved for big cats, and four of them have been attacked by said wild carnivorous animals, and someone decides it's a good idea to have a go himself? Not at ALL stupid.

I'm wondering if there's an agenda here. Could the monks/locals be objecting to the existence of the reserve? Is the jungle-based meditation a protest?

Are they morons?

I was thinking more along the lines of the monks protesting by sacrificing themselves to draw attention to the injustice, like the ones who nobly set themselves on fire in Vietnam.

Nah, you're right, they're just morons.

Leopard attacks becoming more common.

Manisha Singh cannot forget the day her six-year-old daughter, Yashi, was attacked by a leopard.

"I saw the animal come into our front yard, grab my daughter and run. That was the last time I saw her alive."

Ms Singh found her daughter several hours later in a sugarcane field near their house in Moosepur, a small village in Uttar Pradesh state's Bijnor district. Yashi was already dead by then.

The attack was just one of many in Bijnor. In the past three months, seven people have died due to leopard attacks in the district. Five of these attacks took place in the span of just eight days, between 19 and 26 April - and increased fear and panic across villages in the district.

Forest officials say that leopard attacks aren't uncommon in the area but that there has been a sudden rise in recent weeks.

"The attacks have also become extremely aggressive," says Mahesh Chand Gautam, a forest official. "But why that is happening now is yet to be ascertained. " "

We need to find out the circumstances under which the human attacks took place. What time of the day, who the victims are, and what situations they were in at the time of the attack," says NVK Ashraf, chief veterinarian for the Wildlife Trust of India.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-65530415

There is that thing about tigers not attacking from the front, hence why they paint eyes onto cows. If leopards are the same, the problem might be meditating with your eyes closed.

Back