• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Meeting In Dreams Experiment

MrRING

Android Futureman
Some friends and I all tried a dream experiment. I was in college, and they were in high school, but we all agreed to try to think of meeting each other at the high school just before falling asleep and see if we could do a group lucid dream.

What is interesting is that all 4 of us dreamed that we were lost, couldn't get to where we were going for various reasons (I was lost in the city and there were numerous relected surfaces that my image was being distorted on) , and were bring pursued by an angry dark shape closing in on us.

Has anybody else attempted a group lucid dream like that, by agreeing to meet at a location in the real world well known to all, and met with a similar situation - or even a different situation?

How about we try it, say on Friday night when quite a lot of people would have read this and can join in. We could all try to meet on neutral territory, like the north pole. What do you think?

Better make it the South Pole - the sun has just risen there, as it set at the North Pole! (And the S.P. is dry land, not ocean with a few ice floes on it.)

I take it we're doing some in usa, some in uk, etc.... depending on the timezone...the south poles gonna be busy:)

"In dreams I walk with you..."
Man, that's a scary lyric. I'll give this a go on Friday. First one there gets the metaphysical beers in.

Shadowy forms in lucid dreaming are either powerful fear images projected from the subconcious or Dwellers On The Threshold, depending on your perspective.

Or it could have been me. Ever since the Incident, I've been a bit on the un-nerving side.

OK count me in and I will bring a barrel. Good job its a dream and I dont have to carry it all that way. :p

As I don't usually remember my dreams, this could be VERY interesting.
BTW if any of you dream of a sleepwalking man with a can of Guinness in hand... its me.

Lutz

PS Don't wake me up. I'd hate to be stuck on the South Pole with a only a half drunk can of Guinness as my rations.

Okay gang

Here's what we did:

Just before going to sleep, we all thought about meeting at the school. We tried to keep focused as much as possible considering the fact that we weren't rying to get wound up and stay awake all night thinking.

Also, a suggestion - I think we should meet somewhere that is an identifiable visual image, like Stonehenge, Easter Island, the Eiffle Tower... the poles would just be snowy mountainy kind of places, and I think it will be easier with a more concrete, visual place.

I'm in regardless. Friday night's alright for lucid dreaming...

(PS - If we get followed by the shadowy presence, I hope somebody here can dream some mean kung-fu ):D

I agree with the Stonehenge idea. Perhaps it's easier to find somewhere of mystical significance if you're dreaming about it...
(PS - If we get followed by the shadowy presence, I hope somebody here can dream some mean kung-fu )
If I'm in one of my ninja dreams we'll be fine...

No fear. Whether waking or asleep, I carry a hefty walking stick, specially modified to work on ghosts and just the right length to slap Dwellers On The Threshold with.

I can't help it, it's just the way RLS wrote me.

Stonehenge sounds good to me. Or maybe Easter Island? I'd hate to accidentally end up at Avebury or something and have to walk.

hehehe....this sounds like fun. Ok, I'm game.... Stonehenge, is it? I have a nasty habit of remembering my dreams.....they rarely make any SENSE, but I DO remember them!! Hehehe....if you see anyone who looks SERIOUSLY confused, thats probably me :p

This will be interesting, but since we all go to sleep at different times, and in different time zones, we may miss each other! Therefore , we should all leave a calling card! Mine will be a white feather.

So are we all agreed on Stonehenge on Friday night?

but that sounds UK-centric. Stonehenge, I mean.

Why not Easter Island. That'd be equally unfamiliar to all.

Oh, calling card.

Well, I'll try to visit both places tonite ...and I'll leave a white silk scarf on one of the fallen rocks, with a rock holding it down.

Right, we're on for tonight at stonehenge Thurs 26th. sept that's me & Simon my son. c u there!!(around midnight he he he:D )

Okay, I'll leave a sword. I'll see if anybody identifies it on the good morrow.

I'm going for Stonehenge myself, but if others want to visit Easter Island, "beat my guest" as Adam Ant used to say.

Happy dreaming!

I thought we were supposed to do this tomorrow. Oh well, I'll do both, and leave a Piglet for youse to find.

I'll be at Stonehenge in about an hour.

My calling card will be an emerald orb, the size of someone's head, floating above the circle's centre.

You realise that Easter Island is flipping huge!

Niles

I thought we were doing this tonight (friday) ? Well, i'll try and visit anyways. I won't say what I would leave as a calling card if I did go there, then I could be very surprised if anyone found it.

Yes, I thought it was to be tonight too . . . where are we supposed to be meeting? Is it Stonehenge? I'll leave a silver ankh as my calling card, right in the middle of the circle (a big one so that you don't miss it:) )

Were there any results from the 'dream meeting' last night? Anybody see Brian and his son?

Carole

I didn't get there... 'Amanda' kept me awake :D

I'll try again tonight.

I hope Carole's Ankh doesn't interfere with my Emerald Globe...

I tried to get there and I thought I saw someone wearing jeans before realising that I wasn't sure that the stone circle I had in mind was actually Stonehenge. So I might have been somewhere else entirely. :(

i was just wandering 'round, didn't know where i was, but yes, i was in jeans, lol :D

Back