• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Meeting Nicola"

Nicola is a boy's name in Europe. It would have been Nicole if she was European.

Or Nicolette/Nicoletta. I knew a Greek Cypriot Nicoletta many years ago.

Have to say, I’m not really buying any of this. It’s got a fiction vibe about it.

Hmmmyessss... I don't doubt it could be based on a real incident, but I don't see what's Fortean about it. Everyone was having such fun, I didn't want to be a party pooper, but... hmmmyesss....

Out of curiosity, why isn't Frank telling his story again? Why is it being relayed to us through a third party?
I can ask him next time , to see if he his willing to come on here, he does have a busy family life and commitments at the moment, but I will ask.

Damien - no I don't think it's as simple as 2 camps at all. I guess a lot of us on here have had experiences that are in effect inexplicable, some important, some less serious in stature. It's the nature of the forum to analyse posts of this type to see if in fact there are logical explanations to a sequence of events which on the face of it may be deemed to be other worldly. That's surely a major part of the reason for this forum's existence. It's not a question of cutting out anything which is inconvenient, but testing various hypotheses to see if any fits. ( I've certainly analysed my experiences to death over the years, as have others). Analysis of the event does not mean we disbelieve Frank or his view of what happened. People on here are much more open minded than that.
YUP Nothing wrong with Healthy skepticism, That's why I posted it on here, to share and get all views.

Just an additional question - is Frank married or otherwise attached? Does his Significant Other bear any physical relationship to Nicola? Does Frank, in other words, have a 'type' he is attracted to above all others?

Just an additional question - is Frank married or otherwise attached? Does his Significant Other bear any physical relationship to Nicola? Does Frank, in other words, have a 'type' he is attracted to above all others?
Frank is married and I'm not sure if Frank has a particular type, be interesting to find out, there is a photo here on this newspaper article about him . https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-life-stories/secret-sicilian-mafia-childhood-middle-aged-3847740 I will see if he his willing to come onto this message forum himself, he is sorting some family business out at the moment.

1611267800392.jpeg

PAY-Biagia-Frank-Vincenza-Jo-and-Calogero-Scannella-02.jpeg

... (Nikola - Russian girl's name?)

No (not as spelled here), or at least not likely ... If Frank was correct * about the spelling the name's typical associations can be narrowed down to 3 nations.
Nikola (Cyrillic: Никола) is a given name which, like Nicholas, is a version of the Greek Nikolaos (Νικόλαος). It is common as a masculine given name in the South Slavic countries (Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, North Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia), while in West Slavic countries (Czech Republic, Poland, Slovakia) it is primarily found as a feminine given name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola

* EDIT:

Oops ... I just realized I was referring to the spelling 'Nikola', whereas Frank's account (as transcribed earlier) used the 'Nicola' spelling.

This makes a difference in making national / regional associations because:
In the UK and Germany, the male form Nicola has been used as a female name, which originally came from incorrectly presuming the name's vowel ending "a" was the female form, as has also occurred with the male given name Andrea.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicola_(name)

Last edited:
Skin was paler and eyes were green.
She could, of course, have just been good at makeup. Her looks are beginning to come dangerously close to fetishisation!

Back