• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Melania Trump Is Not Always Melania Trump But A Body Double

There are levels of photoshopping, though. Adjusting colour curves and saturation, sharpening images etc are all fairly anodyne elements in a process that really just equates with the old school development stage - but those processes, although not serious manipulation of the content of an image, might leave anomalies that look like evidence of such.

Come to think of it though, I'm not sure how photojournalists distribute such images - as in, whether they sell the raw image, or a processed one.
Likely not the case here. Press Pool members come from news organizations across the political spectrum, but their reports are generally about as generic as one can get.

from today for example:

Wilner, Michael
Sent: Friday, October 30, 2020 2:46 PM
Subject: Out-of-town pool report #5 — Boarding for WI

POTUS’ motorcade left the rally site at 2:42 pm EST and arrived at AF1 two minutes later. The president boarded at 2:45 pm EST.

We’re boarding for Green Bay. Wheels up shortly.

Last edited:
There are levels of photoshopping, though. Adjusting colour curves and saturation, sharpening images etc are all fairly anodyne elements in a process that really just equates with the old school development stage - but those processes, although not serious manipulation of the content of an image, might leave anomalies that look like evidence of such.

Come to think of it though, I'm not sure how photojournalists distribute such images - as in, whether they sell the raw image, or a processed one.
Images from photojournalists are edited for colour, exposure etc but they should not be adjusted to add or remove items. I sell photos through an agency and for each one I have to confirm that I have not manipulated the image other than the basic tweaking.

Back