• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mental Radio: The Lost Art of Telepathy

Actually loquaciousness guess is pretty good. the rock or rocky outcrop, mostly bare landscape, monotone or moody colouring...as for the bare tree: could that not be trying to make sense of the wooden telegraph structure?

...as for the bare tree: could that not be trying to make sense of the wooden telegraph structure?
Yes, that had not occurred to me.

I hereby award the title of Telepath of the Week to Loquaciousness! :D

I hereby award the title of Telepath of the Week to Loquaciousness! :D

But in fairness, that shall probably not come as any surprise to her ... !-)

I've often wondered, on an over-simplistic level, whether the intracranial brain activity of one person could (in an EEG/electromagnetic mechanistic sense) ever jump between heads. Almost like an idea-louse, an inter-brain bug. With almost no metaphysical woowoo at all.

Have people ever been co-quarantined in an isolated Faraday cage, to see if their mental processes were seen to align/synchronise? To me, the concept of two people becoming able to communicate via thought (over very short distances, and even just raw emotion) is not such an implausible impossibility as most reductionists would claim.

Beyond that, longer distance propagation of electromagnetic energy can sometimes be achieved via a range of transient and unexpected ways.

I've read somewhere that the reason your remote-keyfob for locking/unlocking your car has an increased range when you hold it to your chin is that it is at a prime focus point from the parabolic dish formed by the inside of your skull. Now, this may be parabollocks , but experientially it appears to have an effect.

Whilst drifting quickly into woowoo land, all references to wands, cursing-sticks, divining rods, shaman horns, all have a close morphological resonance with radio frequency antennas (or as they used to say last centry 'radio aerials') . Might these, at sub-measureable levels, be acting as conduits/concentrators? As the sceptic's skeptic (although I do have my doubts about that fact....!-) and, having no wish to imbue homeopathic-style unquantifiability to the mix, it is still tempting to wonder....

Actually I've decided reading my own words back I wan't a runner up prize. "vertical main body with multiple angled verticals extending from teh top, such as a candelabra, bare tree or upturned brolley....then the shape became more circular, overlapping folds like a theatre curtain or the gills of a fish.". There's your telegraph pole and rocks/bricks. :p

Back