• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Michael Jackson Is Diana Ross' Son?

I'd never heard of this one. just stumbled on it, there seems to be a whole subreddit for it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnAmericanScheme/

Here's a summation:

Not sure if this warrants its own thread but didn't know where to place it. Any here familiar with this?
I clicked on a couple of the references which purport to show how much MJ resembles Diana Ross but only show photos or make references after he had extensive plastic surgery. I don't really see any pre surgery resemblance to her.

I'd never heard of this one. just stumbled on it, there seems to be a whole subreddit for it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnAmericanScheme/

Here's a summation:

Not sure if this warrants its own thread but didn't know where to place it. Any here familiar with this?

In theory it all sounds possible, but that's the problem with conspiracy theories such as this, the actuality of it happening as suggested just seems too outlandish... but, just maybe? Most rumours have some truth to them afterall.
All in all I see this one as highly doubtful, but I'm diving down that rabbit hole this evening all the same.

He looks too much like his mum - Katherine. I think it is people retrofitting his looks later on in life. A bit like how Heather Mills killed Paul before she was even born (or whatever it was).

Edit- although you can even still see the resemblance after surgery.

Same here. I think it's no accident he looked more and more like Diana as the madness developed. I'm sure he idolized her to some extent.

These conspiracy nuts seem to become more and more of a self parody by the day.
Michael did seem to adore Diana Ross and did seem to want to look like her. The plastic surgery was just part of that.
Diana and Smokey are both still alive, so they could reveal the truth if they wanted to. The truth being that he wasn't their kid.
Smokey did father an illegitimate son with a woman other than his wife, but no further details are available.

If this were the case, though again I don't see pre plastic surgery likeness, then I would posit that Janet Jackson be her daughter. Both she and Michael looked very much alike after plastic surgery.

I had not heard of her being his mother, but years ago heard the rumour that Michael was in love with Diana Ross.
And wanted to look like her, so had plastic surgery to achieve this.

I have no idea if there is any truth in these rumours.

I think he ended up looking more like La Toya.

PastedGraphic-1.tiff

I can see La Toya but I don't see Michael ?

He specifically asked for surgery to make him look like Diana, and would pay for his sister to have some of the surgeries first to check out the effect, allegedly, according to some doc or other I saw. So of course he looks like Diana Ross. As does whichever sister it was that underwent the same, or some of the same, surgeries.

This video just popped up on my Youtube list. At around 16 minutes the presenter (who is a plastic surgeon) suggests that Michael may have been trying to look like Peter Pan. It is fairly compelling and fits with his whole Peter Pan obsession.

Well yes, there might have been no method in his plastic surgery obsession. But if there was, I submit Peter Pan.
Well, that was MJ's obsession, as I understand it (and as was called out on an episode of Law and Order SVU). But then wouldn't he have got his facial hair depilated?

Back