• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Michigan Dogman

Human_84

Somewhat human
Michigan Dogman

Let this thread cover discussion of sighting reports from the creature. Hats off to Linda Godfrey for putting together multiple books on the subject, detailing sighting reports, theories and so forth.

45295.jpg

Description: Typically a tall, lanky creature which walks upright, resembling Bigfoot but with the muzzle and bent hind-legs of a dog/wolf (see drawing). Not to be confused with Bigfoot.

Sighting locations: Primarily Michigan, Wisconsin, but also seen in other states and countries.

Names: Werewolf, Michigan Dogman, Wolf-man/Man-wolf, Beast of Bray Rd, etc.

Origins: First known sighting was in 1887, but an unknowing local DJ wrote a song 'just by chance' in 1987 about the same creature which he claimed to dream up on his own, and when locals heard the song on the radio, sighting reports started flooding in. Later, a supposed video clip surfaced of the creature only to be an admitted hoax. History Channel's 'Monster Quest' aired 2 episodes on the creature, one yielding evidence of witnesses passing lie detector tests. There have also been abnormally large dog footprints casts taken in area forests.

One of the better sighting reports is quoted here, from Linda's website:

"I¹m a college kid and I live in Big Rapids, and I heard people saying there is this (building) around Reed City where this thing hangs out.

We arrived there at 2 30 in the morning and there we sat. After about half an hour something caught our eye. About 50 yards to the right of us we saw something moving. We didnt think anything of it until we heard big twigs start to snap. I got out my maglight and shined in the area...I saw somthing that was not human. There were crickets all around and all of a sudden they all stopped. I kept on seeing something move over in the woods, kind of a silhouette.. I thought it was deer until we shined the light on it. Must have been 6 foot nine, it was huge tall! It was a humanoid, I could see below the midsection, could see thighs but not feet. I¹m believing it¹s bipedal. The hair was either dark brown or black, probably dark brown. must have covered most of the body, maybe an inch long. We did see one arm, one of my friends saw it. It was behind a tree, in a little wooded area, and it stood half behind the tree and half exposed, didn¹t move at all when we had the light on it. His arm was longer than a human's. When we saw it in the light when it was standing still it looked a little hunched.

I only got a small view of its face. I could tell that it was very hairy but it didnt remind me of a dogs face. The way the eyes set made me think of a human face, I could not see the ears, I remeber the mouth to be narrow but I dont recall seeing a nose on the end of the "snout". All I could really tell about the eye color was yellow, and the eyes were a little slanted. I think it may have been some light reflection off its eyes. It has a very big forehead. When I saw the picture on your website of the sketched dogman, It didnt really look like that.

This freaked us out so bad that we had to leave in the car. We left and then said we have to figure out what this thing is ...stupid college kid idealism. After abput half a mile we decided we had to go back and see what it really was. We pulled back up to the church and sat for about 5 min. before strange things started to happen. First of all we head noises all around us, I cant explain these noises but they put shivers down my spine. Then as soon as the noises stopped, a motion light on the building turned on and we heard somthing run away very...very fast. I was so scared I couldnt even move. (We are in in the car this whole time mind you). All of the sudden my friend spots somthing behind us. I push my clutch in and slowly roll back to get a closer view. My friend shined the light on him and two yellow eyes stared at us. I thought it was a regular road reflector until I saw it blink. Then a feeling came over me, I felt that this thing wanted to harm us. I could tell that this thing was on two legs at the time we saw the eyes. I fired up the car and floored it, we must have of been going 40 mph and I could see in my brakelights that something was chasing us on 4 legs. Eventually I lost the thing and had to pull over down the road to calm myself and my friends down. I dont know if this is a dogman or not but this thing is NOT human, is NOT natural, and is NOT friendly. I dont think that this is a figure of my imagination for two reasons. 1, I didn't belive in the supernatural and 2, three other people saw the exact same thing as I did. I really belive this thing could be a dogman.

We were sitting in the car after we saw it comparing it to our own bodies. We didn¹t really see the face until we came backŠwe were in the car the whole time, we could all see from the car. There was a motion light on the side of the (building), which was abandoned but someone was trying to remodel it. Motion light came on and that freaked us all out quite a bit and we listened and we heard something moving very very fast behind the church but we couldn¹t see it clearly, it moved ungodly fast. I looked in my rearview mirror and I thought I saw something go by a lighted tree, then we lost it for a little bit. After we were shining the light on it, I was holding the mag light and I was shaking so bad dI actually dropped it

My buddy who was sitting in back of my hatchback car said what¹s that, and in tall weeds on the side of the road were two yellow eyes, kind of slanted in a way. It didn¹t have a long snout like a dog, but the snout was narrow. It wasn¹t human and wasn¹t dog. It wasn¹t flatfaced like human, all I saw was hair underneath what I presumed to be a jaw. Like a cape or mane. From what I saw, it was kind of slender in stature, not beefy, I would guess 210-220 pounds. The head reminded me of a canine shape, the kind of triangle-looking head. It was looking completely straight on at us. It could have had ears but was too dark to see them. So whether they sat farther back or not I¹m not sure. I¹ve seen pictures of Bigfoot but I don¹t think this was Bigfoot.

That night I got home and I was so intrigued and freaked out I sat down and Googled "Dogman" and got your website. I had the distinct feeling that this thing wanted to hurt us. Maybe it might be the fear of the unknown.Might have been the fact that it was slightly hunched. . I was a skeptic before last night. Four guys saw the exact same thing. Another rthing the second time when we left the eyes were behind the car, the guy looking back thought he saw something come and go from two to four legs.

This is not the first time a friend of mine has seen it. He¹s been there two times, he showed us where it was. He was very very quiet. It was not a human in a suit or a bear. I¹ll put a Bible on what I just said. Two reasons it wasn¹t a human. It could maneuver well on four legs, and just moved so fast. (The building) didn¹t have graffiti on its exterior. Never saw the back of the building so didn¹t notice if any was there.

I believe there is a swamp somewhere around there. I heard there was more than one of these things. Some person said there were four or five of them. One of my friends that went with us said him and a couple of buddies were driving by in a Firebird very slowly and they saw the eyes and it chased after them and put scratches in the trunk of his car. But I didn¹t see that. This is really, really goofy. I¹d like to go back with a video camera. I am majoring in radiology, so I know enough about the body systems and anatomy to tell about the features. I didn¹t notice any reproductive organs, there was a lot of hair in that area. This thing didn¹t get any closer than 40 feet, but when I fired the car up the guy in back said it went down on all fours and went really fast. I didn¹t see the eyes until we flashed the light on it. I don¹t think this was paranormal, it was biological. Not ghostly.

I was not aware that others things like this were going on at the time I saw this thing. The only reason I refer it to a dogman is the fact that I have heard through local legend that it was a dogman. So, I really had no idea that there were other sightings of dogmen or the body style it had."

Back