• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mickey Mouse Thread

It's clearly Minnie.

1585204654817.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Minnie's makeover.

Disney: Minnie Mouse to swap her dress for a trouser suit​

Published1 hour ago
Minnie Mouse

IMAGE SOURCE,DISNEY Image caption,
Ta-da! The much-loved mouse got a makeover from British designer Stella McCartney

The world's most famous female mouse is getting an outfit makeover.

Minnie Mouse will soon be changing into a smart blue pantsuit, swapping out of her traditional red polka dot dress while keeping her iconic bow. The new look was designed by Stella McCartney to celebrate 30 years of Disneyland's Paris resort.

Despite the change being just a temporary one, it has been met with a mixed reaction online from Disney fans. Minnie will debut the blue tuxedo in Disney's Paris entertainment resort from March 2022, where she will wear it in time for Women's History Month.

"This new take on her signature polka dots makes Minnie Mouse a symbol of progress for a new generation," McCartney said.

Walt Disney Studios has moved in recent years to boost its on-screen diversity, setting films in new locations and casting characters from a wider range of backgrounds. In its upcoming adaptation of Snow White the studio is casting Latina actress Rachel Zegler in the film's starring role.

But online reaction to Minnie Mouse's outfit change has been mixed. While some have welcomed the mouse's sartorial rebrand, others despaired at her departure from the classic ruby red colours, and her well-known dress.

Conservative US commentator Candace Owens criticised the makeover as an attempt to make Minnie Mouse "more masculine", accusing those behind it of trying to "destroy fabrics of our society" in a Fox News interview. ...

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60169196

yeah.... this feels weird. it's not like they haven't done changes before, but.... this change feels very, very strange. It's obviously a PR gimmick and feels... fake somehow.

yeah.... this feels weird. it's not like they haven't done changes before, but.... this change feels very, very strange. It's obviously a PR gimmick and feels... fake somehow.

They just got Stella McCartney to do a special design. It's not going to replace the traditional Minnie Mouse outfit. Anyway, it looks like she's wearing pyjamas so I doubt Disney will be that happy with it. The furore is entirely with pundits seeking something to gripe about; they are always with us in some form or another. But the publicity is always welcome for the copyright holders.

They just got Stella McCartney to do a special design. It's not going to replace the traditional Minnie Mouse outfit. Anyway, it looks like she's wearing pyjamas so I doubt Disney will be that happy with it. The furore is entirely with pundits seeking something to gripe about; they are always with us in some form or another. But the publicity is always welcome for the copyright holders.
Enh... I don't get a good vibe when I hear "symbol of progress" though.

They just got Stella McCartney to do a special design. It's not going to replace the traditional Minnie Mouse outfit.

Yet.

l wonder what the next “special design” will be.

Give me a child until he is 7 and I will show you the man." ― Aristotle (attrib.)

maximus otter

Has an Overlook Hotel air to it.
Shudder!

Looks like some of the people sitting a bit further back have broken through their conditioning and taken their Mickey mask off. Brave. Or foolish. I hope they made it out safely.

Oh my God. This is the stuff of nightmares!!

The date and location of this oft-memed photo are unknown. It's definitely from the early to mid 1930s, and it shows kids attending a Mickey Mouse Club Saturday meeting and matinee at a local movie theater. The club and Saturday activities were quite a fad nationwide.

Oddly, Disney didn't initiate the Mickey Mouse Club phenomenon. California theater owners started it. When they contacted Disney about merchandising, etc., Disney joined in as a more or less silent partner and supplier.

This article provides an overview of the fad's history, club activities, and how Disney and the theater owners exploited the project for years.

http://santarosahistory.com/wordpress/2018/04/lets-all-yell-at-the-mickey-mouse-matinee/

The date and location of this oft-memed photo are unknown. It's definitely from the early to mid 1930s, and it shows kids attending a Mickey Mouse Club Saturday meeting and matinee at a local movie theater. The club and Saturday activities were quite a fad nationwide.

Oddly, Disney didn't initiate the Mickey Mouse Club phenomenon. California theater owners started it. When they contacted Disney about merchandising, etc., Disney joined in as a more or less silent partner and supplier.

This article provides an overview of the fad's history, club activities, and how Disney and the theater owners exploited the project for years.

http://santarosahistory.com/wordpress/2018/04/lets-all-yell-at-the-mickey-mouse-matinee/
looking at it, I think it's a staged photo, like they had a photographer on stage and told everyone to pose with their mask on.

It’s far too early in my outraged senile Boomerhate state to worry about what a cartoon mouse is wearing. However, Stella’s design does make her look like a needy Goth fuck up with a stuck on happy face.

Just give people Mickey or Minnie facemasks. Who would complain about that?

Masks will soon be optional for many of those seeking out some Disney magic this year.

Officials at Disneyland and Walt Disney World confirmed this week that their mask policies for fully vaccinated guests are being revised. As of Thursday, face coverings “will be optional” for visitors who have received their jabs across all four of Disney World’s theme parks and in both outdoor and indoor locations, according to the Florida resort’s website.

Mask protocols at California’s Disneyland are receiving a similar update, with vaccinated visitors permitted to enter indoor attractions, eateries and shops without masks from Thursday onward. Unvaccinated visitors to both the Florida and California resorts will be expected to wear a mask in all indoor settings. Officials, however, have said they will not be checking vaccination records.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/disney-theme-parks-mask-mandate-update_n_620d203be4b05706db70fd81

Adam the Woo is currently riding out a hurricane at Walt Disney World and posting his vlog on it. Part 2 will be online tomorrow, the whole place is currently on semi lockdown ..

The Horror! The Horror!

It's Mickey, but not as you've ever seen him before.

A trailer for a slasher film, featuring a masked killer dressed as Mickey Mouse, was released on 1 January, the day that Disney's copyright on the earliest versions of the cartoon character expired in the US.

"We just wanted to have fun with it," the movie's director said.

A new Mickey-inspired horror game, showing the rodent covered with blood stains, also dropped on the same day.

Steamboat Willie, a 1928 short film featuring early non-speaking versions of Mickey and Minnie, entered the public domain in the US on New Year's Day. It means cartoonists, novelists and filmmakers can now rework and use the earliest versions of Mickey and Minnie.

In the horror comedy thriller, called Mickey's Mouse Trap, a young woman is thrown a surprise birthday party in an amusement arcade - but things quickly take a turn for the worse when she and her friends encounter a knife-wielding murderer in a Mickey costume.

"A place for fun, a place for friends, a place for hunting. The mouse is out," the trailer screams in red text.

"I mean it's Steamboat Willie's Mickey Mouse murdering people. It's ridiculous," film director Jamie Bailey said. "We ran with it and had fun doing it and I think it shows."

The film itself does not have a confirmed release date but is expected to be out this March.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67861538

The Horror! The Horror!

It's Mickey, but not as you've ever seen him before.

A trailer for a slasher film, featuring a masked killer dressed as Mickey Mouse, was released on 1 January, the day that Disney's copyright on the earliest versions of the cartoon character expired in the US.

"We just wanted to have fun with it," the movie's director said.

A new Mickey-inspired horror game, showing the rodent covered with blood stains, also dropped on the same day.

Steamboat Willie, a 1928 short film featuring early non-speaking versions of Mickey and Minnie, entered the public domain in the US on New Year's Day. It means cartoonists, novelists and filmmakers can now rework and use the earliest versions of Mickey and Minnie.

In the horror comedy thriller, called Mickey's Mouse Trap, a young woman is thrown a surprise birthday party in an amusement arcade - but things quickly take a turn for the worse when she and her friends encounter a knife-wielding murderer in a Mickey costume.

"A place for fun, a place for friends, a place for hunting. The mouse is out," the trailer screams in red text.

"I mean it's Steamboat Willie's Mickey Mouse murdering people. It's ridiculous," film director Jamie Bailey said. "We ran with it and had fun doing it and I think it shows."

The film itself does not have a confirmed release date but is expected to be out this March.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-67861538

Do they realise that it's just the early stuff has gone public domain and that Disney still hold the Trademark to all the characters. The resulting law-suits should be fun.

Do they realise that it's just the early stuff has gone public domain and that Disney still hold the Trademark to all the characters. The resulting law-suits should be fun.
If they still cared they'd have lobbied Congress again to get the laws changed. I think they've got too much else going on these days to worry about keeping the copyright on the Steamboat Willie version of Mickey Mouse.

The copyright on Winnie the Pooh ran out and he was a big cash cow.

Back