• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Militia Group Takes Over Federal Building In Eastern Oregon Because “The Lord Was Not Pleased”

So these fellas agist their cattle on federal land for a pittance, don't do any pasture improvement other than firestick agriculture, go hunting out of season and once again, on Federal land, set fire to any evidence that they were there...And their fellow countrymen rush in to defend them about serving the appropriate sentence, with long rifles, handguns and threats.

"Jurors were told that Steven Hammond handed out “Strike Anywhere” matches with instructions that they be lit and dropped on the ground because they were going to “light up the whole country on fire.” One witness testified that he barely escaped the eight to ten foot high flames caused by the arson. "

http://www.justice.gov/usao-or/pr/e...convicted-arson-resentenced-five-years-prison

Internet mocks Oregon militia with "Vanilla ISIS," "Y'all Qaeda"
  • The Internet is making a mockery of the group, calling them everything from "Vanilla ISIS" to "Y'All Qaeda."

Since Monday, the hashtag #VanillaISIS has received around 1,050 tweets per hour, while #YallQaeda has been shared more than 2,600 times per hour, according to social media analytics site twazzup.

"With hashtags like #YallQaeda and#VanillaISIS, the yahoos in Oregon are getting exactly the respect they deserve," one user tweeted.

While some are calling members of the militia group "domestic terrorists," others emphasize that they shouldn't be compared to deadly extremist groups such as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria or al Qaeda.

Rather than fearing the gunmen, the Internet is fighting back -- with comedy as their weapon of choice:
#YallQaeda in a nutshell

CX1ge-SWMAEaxgb.jpg

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/internet-mocks-oregon-militia-with-vanilla-isis-yall-qaeda/

Vid at link

Robert Reich

Last Saturday, armed men took over the offices of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, in Harney County, Oregon. Ammon Bundy, leader of this group, and his father, the Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy, style themselves as part of a Western movement to take land back for the people from the federal government. But that’s not what’s really going on. (After all, most of these lands once belonged to Native Americans.) The real fight is over how much the rest of us will continue to subsidize the Bundys and other privateers -- private logging contractors who are allowed to cut vast tracts of federal forest at subsidized rates, ranchers who pay grazing fees on some 300 acres of public lands at rates far below the market rate, private mining companies that now extract about a billion dollars a year of minerals from public lands without paying royalties, and farmers who benefit from the federal Bureau of Reclamation’s irrigation systems that make arid land capable of producing crops.

The Bundys and their allies oppose efforts to protect the environment because they want even more of these subsidized benefits. I’d rather protect what’s left of the environment.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1130239276988667

Here's an interesting item from the liberal gumshoes at Mother Jones: Ammon Bundy, who is leading the armed occupation of a wildlife refuge in Oregon to protest what he calls the "tyranny" of federal involvement in the business affairs of private citizens,borrowed $530,000 through a federal small business loan program in 2010.

Bundy's Oregon protest was specifically provoked by the criminal case of Dwight and Steve Hammond, nearby father-and-son ranchers who are longtime antagonists of government land officials. Ammon Bundy believes the Hammonds' treatment (they were convicted of committing arson on federal property) is unjust and told CNN he wants the government to cede the land of the wildlife refuge to private citizens so "people can reclaim their resources."

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slat...n_bundy_took_federal_small_business_loan.html

01-04-16-oregon-protest-1000.jpg

“We’re not terrorists; we just want what any true patriot wants: to take down the United States of America.”

Last edited:
What - you mean like setting fire to your local park because they won't let you shoot the swans and graze your goats on the tennis court?
Ha ha! You know I wasn't suggesting something so antisocial.
That's an extreme example there.

That's better, I get it now!

No news on this story today? Are they still there?

They need snacks. Send snacks. :p

An' toilet paper, an' dry socks, an' food, yeah some food - like that min-es-trone soup, an' macaroni cheese, an' beans - yeh lotsa beans - an' some o' them potato rolls - Now that's what a well maintained militia should have, y'hear?

Internet mocks Oregon militia with "Vanilla ISIS," "Y'all Qaeda"
  • The Internet is making a mockery of the group, calling them everything from "Vanilla ISIS" to "Y'All Qaeda."

Since Monday, the hashtag #VanillaISIS has received around 1,050 tweets per hour, while #YallQaeda has been shared more than 2,600 times per hour, according to social media analytics site twazzup.

"With hashtags like #YallQaeda and#VanillaISIS, the yahoos in Oregon are getting exactly the respect they deserve," one user tweeted.

While some are calling members of the militia group "domestic terrorists," others emphasize that they shouldn't be compared to deadly extremist groups such as the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria or al Qaeda.

Rather than fearing the gunmen, the Internet is fighting back -- with comedy as their weapon of choice:
#YallQaeda in a nutshell

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/internet-mocks-oregon-militia-with-vanilla-isis-yall-qaeda/

Vid at link
I heard a new one today, #TaliBanjo

BURNS PAIUTE RESERVATION — Leaders of the Burns Paiute Tribe on Wednesday called on militants occupying a federal wildlife compound to end their standoff.

In a press conference, the tribal council sought to educate the public about their own painful history with the federal government. And the militants, they said, are only making things worse for everyone in Harney County.

"They just need to get the hell out of here," said Jarvis Kennedy, a member of the tribal council. "They didn't ask anybody, we don't want them here...our little kids are sitting at home when they should be in school."

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2016/01/burns_piaute_tribe_militants_s.html

This fellow, Molyneaux, is an interesting fellow, and has an interesting background.

At first, listening to him made me question my previous beliefs on this situation, with thoughts of, 'maybe I was wrong', and 'is there something that the MSM hasn't brought up', and 'does the government hold a grudge against these families'.

After listening to it completely there was a niggle in the back of my mind about this fellow, leading me to question this fellows motivation, and so I googled him. As I said, he's an interesting fellow

I can't, and won't make a judgement quickly, so instead will process what Mr Molyneaux said over a decent period of time. I still think that these fellows who came to protest, fully kitted up, should just go home though.

Thanks Mytho - interesting podcast.

After listening to it completely there was a niggle in the back of my mind about this fellow, leading me to question this fellows motivation, and so I googled him. As I said, he's an interesting fellow
I think the term 'libertarian' may be the word that applies to him.
For most of his videos I've seen, I haven't been able to find much to disagree with, but it's always best to take a considered attitude to what he says (i.e. a pinch of salt).

Stolen Valor: Men In Oregon ‘Militia’ Caught Red-Handed Falsely Posing As Marine Veterans

Two of the men involved in the armed standoff in Oregon have been caught falsely claiming to have served in the Marines. Aninvestigation shows the two have committed stolen valor. One of the men, Brian Cavalier, is the personal bodyguard to Ammon Bundy and has told reporters that he served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. Here’s the problem: the US Marine Corps has no record of his service. That’s because he was never enlisted. The other man, Blaine Cooper, also claimed to be a Marine, but he was only in the “Delayed Entry Program.” He dropped out before actually going to boot camp.

A more in-depth look reveals that Cavalier is just a tattoo artist, and not only that, but the only record he has is a rap sheet full of DUI’s and theft – nothing even affiliated with the military. That’s what police records show, anyhow. It appears he faked his military credentials so he would be more credible to serve in the Oregon gang and get more street cred. ...

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/0...red-handed-falsely-posing-as-marine-veterans/

Tribe Member: 'We Would Have Been Dead By Now' If We Acted Like Oregon Militants
The Paiute tribe says the protesters need to leave.

BURNS, Ore. -- The armed protesters who seized remote federal property in Oregon should leave, the Burns Paiute Tribal Council urged Wednesday. The occupiers claim the federal land rightfully belongs to the mostly white population of eastern Oregon, but Harney County was largelyPaiute territory prior to white settlement.

On a foggy Wednesday morning, some of the tribe's nearly 420 members gathered at the top of a snow-packed hill on the Paiute reservation to discuss their concerns about the outsiders. The doors of the meeting center were plastered with signs warning people not to bring firearms inside.

"As a Native, if we were to go out there and fight back like they are, we would have been dead by now," said Carla Teeman, a social services assistant at the tribe.

"They are desecrating one of our sacred traditional cultural properties," said Charlotte Rodrique, the tribal chair. "They are endangering our children and the safety of our community."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ike-oregon-militants_568d8bc8e4b0c8beacf58547

...No news on this story today? Are they still there?

Eight have been eaten by bears because they were wearing desert camouflage (keep up guys - the white stuff's called snow...and it's kind of white). Five have starved to death because they only bought a packed lunch and there's nothing left to hunt because illegal out-season hunters shot anything that moved (and some things that didn't). Twelve have burned to death - after same illegal hunters covered their tracks by pouring petrol over everything and setting fire to it. Two have been stoned to death for suggesting that the Q'uranstitution may not have fallen fully formed out of God's own earhole but may in fact have been written by men. (The guy who pointed out that there are 27 amendments which - if only by virtue of the very word amendment - implies a certain fallibility or incompleteness to the original which might in turn suggest that the Constitution is not a form of holy writ borne out of a state divine perfection but has been written by men, and has been, and therefore might still be, subject to the human fallibility of its authors and the passage of history...he's hiding out in the back of a laundry truck on its way to Canada.) Five have banished themselves to a cave in Utah because God hasn't spoken to them for a couple of days and they're worried that it might be because they're gay, Muslim or liberal and haven't been told.

Oh, and one's been lynched for insulting the prophet; his own fault - no-one forced him to call his dog Jefferson.

...Two of the men involved in the armed standoff in Oregon have been caught falsely claiming to have served in the Marines...

I saw that one coming. There's a certain pose and demeanour which is adopted by people who wish to appear military without the right - and at least two guys I saw on the first news report I saw on this story screamed faux warrior: one appeared to have some sort insignia on his BDU, and possibly also those shop bought morale patches which are made to look like they might be some sort of a proper issue.

Wankers.

yes, but what are they /for/?

Back