• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Mind Power

greywolfe

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Many think that our minds can influence events and even create them. Even some religions advocate prayer as a means to an end with some advocating mass prayer where everyone focuses on a given wish. Mass prayer is used I think as each individual can only generate a small amount of power whereas a 1000 people are more powerful. Of course most of us are not skilfull in this kind of mind control over reality but some are very skilled. I know its a trivial example of this "Power" but it seems to me that Home Games for football teams as they provide more wins than away games - are perhaps proof of minds being able to control events. I'm not convinced that Home ground familiarity along with crowd verbal support is alone in creating more wins at home than away. I think the greater number of minds willing their team to win alters the outcome in their favour ?

How would you test that hypothesis? There are many factors that go into giving the home side an advantage, a least one American football team has the visiting locker room painted pink for psychological reasons for example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-g5lx3-mVI. If you remove the crowd from the stadium, they would presumably all watch at home, so does the group have to be in proximity?

Back