• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Hauntings

I didn't, I thought of writing to her, I assume she is still living in that house, Garden Lodge, but she would probably think I am some kind of a nut, or that I was harrassing her. However, I did contact our local NYC radio station which plays Queen all the time, they were not interested at all, they hung up on me. I then contacted his personal assistant by email, no reply.
Hopefully Freddie found a medium in the London area who passed his message along.
So can I ask Ronnie, how often are you 'visited' by the deceased and does it scare you when it happens?

It happens at unexpected times, I will meet someone new and I can see one of their relatives standing behind them, clamoring for me to tell the person something. One day I told a woman that her Aunt was right behind her, saying 'hello' and wanting the woman to know that she was with her. This woman was very upset, she said her Aunt had just passed away in the hospital the night before. Quite often I see a pregnant woman and know what gender child she is going to have. Recently, I met a man and could see his wife, his children, and also an unborn little girl who was waiting to be born to him. He was not pleased to hear about another child, LOL. I also read his palm and could see many accidents there, I said that he would have a long life if he could avoid these accidents - he replied that he had been involved in several car accidents, one of which was very serious, but he was all right after quite some time. I don't know what it is, it just comes along to me when it wants to, my husband always asks me to find out what the winning lottery numbers are! LOL

It happens at unexpected times, I will meet someone new and I can see one of their relatives standing behind them, clamoring for me to tell the person something. One day I told a woman that her Aunt was right behind her, saying 'hello' and wanting the woman to know that she was with her. This woman was very upset, she said her Aunt had just passed away in the hospital the night before. Quite often I see a pregnant woman and know what gender child she is going to have. Recently, I met a man and could see his wife, his children, and also an unborn little girl who was waiting to be born to him. He was not pleased to hear about another child, LOL. I also read his palm and could see many accidents there, I said that he would have a long life if he could avoid these accidents - he replied that he had been involved in several car accidents, one of which was very serious, but he was all right after quite some time. I don't know what it is, it just comes along to me when it wants to, my husband always asks me to find out what the winning lottery numbers are! LOL
Wow! We need to get you to Dealey Plaza, pronto!

Can you describe how he showed you this?
Did you see it with what seemed like your physical eyes, or in your mind's eye?
I saw it in my mind, and I asked Freddie if it was gold and silver, because that's what it looked like to me, but he did not reply. Just distraught, repeating over and over, 'Tell her to search, search, search'.
The worst thing that ever happened to me was after my mother passed away a few years ago. When I was a little girl, 6 to 7 years old, we lived in a 2nd floor apartment, a single woman lived downstairs. This woman (I'll call her 'Anna') worked in the textile mills all day, and often went out to the bars at night, she was a drinker. She started drinking so heavily that when she came home at 3:00 a.m. and put something on the stove to heat, she would fall asleep and the smoke would come upstairs. My parents then bought a house and we moved, never seeing her again.
As I grew older, my mother would show me photos she had taken of Anna, and told me her story. Anna had gained weight and didn't look well, she took my mother into confidence, she was putting a girdle on to hide the fact she was pregnant when she went to work, then went on vacation for a few weeks to give birth, came back and said she had given the baby up for adoption. My mom never told anyone, just me, and hoped that Anna had gotten married and had a family and was happy.
Just after my mother passed on, Anna kept entering my consciousness, which is the only way I can put it, she kept saying to me, 'Find me, Find me', and wouldn't leave me alone. Whenever I had some time, I went onto the computer to look her up by her last name, but no luck. Months went by, my husband and I were busy moving, and I certainly had no time to look for her. I was just leaving the house to go to work one morning and I felt her grab my hand, imploring me.
Well I ran out of the house and looked her up on the computer at work when I had a moment, this time I found her through her husband's obituary, she had married, moved to another state, and he passed on. Now that I had her married name, I found that she had also passed on. But she still didn't leave me alone - I kept looking on census records and found she had several sisters, to make a long story short I found a nephew of hers in the area, and called him.
This nephew was not too pleased, and I gave him the old address where we had lived to prove I knew his Aunt. He also was not too pleased to hear that she had given a child up for adoption, especially since her family was annoyed with her because she had had a child previous to this one out of wedlock, and they had no idea she had a second child. Anyway, he emailed me a photo of Anna, a beautiful young woman, I still have the photo.
Obviously, she wanted her family to know about this child and perhaps to search for it, because after that Anna left me alone. But my conclusion is that I was the ONLY person alive who knew her story, my mother had passed, and it was left to me to tell her family.

Last edited:
It sounds like from an early age she was a deeply unhappy woman. I can't help but wonder if she'd lived in a different time and place, she could have developed a supportive social network, and find people to help her deal with her pain instead of trying to drink it away. Maybe she never would have had to give up her children, or maybe she would have known how to find an appropriate and devoted partner to have children with. :(
You are a kind soul, Ronnie Jersey. :clap:

It sounds like from an early age she was a deeply unhappy woman. I can't help but wonder if she'd lived in a different time and place, she could have developed a supportive social network, and find people to help her deal with her pain instead of trying to drink it away. Maybe she never would have had to give up her children, or maybe she would have known how to find an appropriate and devoted partner to have children with. :(
You are a kind soul, Ronnie Jersey. :clap:
I'm sorry you thought it was a sad story, I thought the ending was happy for her, because she did marry and moved on. And her family is aware of her 2 children, and perhaps they managed to find them, I hope so. My mother was the kind soul, she always hoped the best for Anna, and I believe she is now at peace.

To be blunt, any paranormal experience I start to read that begins with something like "I have always been in touch with the spirit world since an early age" or similar is immediately 'binned'.
I have the same reaction to stories that begin with "I was a sceptic... AT LEAST I THOUGHT I WAS!"

I have the same reaction to stories that begin with "I was a sceptic... AT LEAST I THOUGHT I WAS!"
My favourite:

“Now, I consider myself a person who has a natural affinity with the paranormal. Growing up, I was accustomed to seeing specters, demons and even a vampire! The paranormal has been a recurring trait in my family (derived from my father’s side who comes from a long-line of psychics and mediums)but the event I experienced makes my other experiences seem redundant.”

Yeah... sure.

Wonder if you guys realize that we are not all the same, everyone has different gifts and feelings, and growing up as I did I cannot help that the deceased visit me. I think that many dead people have unsolved issues and search for someone who can hear them and help them.
Yes, there are many charlatans out there, I have come across them. But, I have also come across quite a few genuine mediums. When I first met my husband he was a bit taken aback by my predictions and dreams that came true, but he has gotten used to it.

Wonder if you guys realize that we are not all the same, everyone has different gifts and feelings, and growing up as I did I cannot help that the deceased visit me. I think that many dead people have unsolved issues and search for someone who can hear them and help them.
Yes, there are many charlatans out there, I have come across them. But, I have also come across quite a few genuine mediums. When I first met my husband he was a bit taken aback by my predictions and dreams that came true, but he has gotten used to it.
Exactly this Ronnie, and please, please don't feel the need to justify or explain your experiences. There have always been sceptics, and there always will be. There's a lot of stuff out there in the world which is inexplicable, which is where the Fortean forum comes in.

Hi Ronnie, please don't take offence. My issue is with people who make these bold claims without any substance and as a preface to a blatantly fictitious Reddit post or similar. Those people like yourself who have had genuine experiences/possess genuine abilities tend to be rather quieter and more serious about it (in my experience at least).

I may as well put this one here, as it doesn't quite deserve a thread of its own - and it's all a pretty minor thing really - but it pretty much set me on the course of a liking for 'weird stuff'...
Starts back in 1977. I was 5 years old and at my grandparents place in a village in rural Worcestershire. My grandparents (and various children, including my Mum) were the only people to have lived in the house - a semi-detached house built in the 1950s.
I'm having a nightmare - and I remember the nightmare vividly - or rather, like much of this, these memories are memories of memories, and are probably not to be entirely trusted. The nightmare was about Sesame Street. I was in a dark room with the Count Dracula character, who was cackling and counting dragons on the wall. "How many dragons are there?' he would ask - and a dragon-shape would light up from a grey silhouette on the wall, accompanied by a clap of thunder - which, to my 5 year old self, was the most terrifying thing ever. I woke up in a fit of terror, and to my utter, utter relief, realised it has been a nightmare.
And then I opened my eyes.
I remember - more than anything - a feeling of utter dismay - 'dismay' seems the only word I can use to describe my feeling at what I saw at the end of the bed. Between the bed and the cupboard was a figure - a classic 'cowled monk' type ghost, stood sideways on to me, but turned enough so that I can look into it's hood, and see, no face, just an absolute darkness.
I remember pulling the covers over my head and promising I would never open my eyes again.
Anyhow, that set me off on a fascination with ghost stories and the paranormal etc.
Right through my childhood, I was convinced I had seen a ghost. I even named it 'The Black Phantom' - but as I got older I began to reluctantly accept I had woken up from one nightmare into another... but then I began thinking, how had my dreaming mind conjured up a classic paranormal image - the 'hooded figure without a face'? - For a long time I came round to the idea that maybe I had seen something odd after all - but then, over the 2000s, I saw that old Donald Pleasance voiced public information film, where a grim reaper figure is used to warn children away from the perils of playing near water. I had to admit the figure I thought I saw, as far as I could remember, looked pretty much the same as the grim reaper figure in the advert, and I veered back into 'it was only a nightmare' territory.
I don't remember much else spooky happening in that house in the late 70s / early 80s. I remember my sister having a vivid dream about the house under siege from rabbits armed with knives, sudden panics at being alone upstairs - but nothing really apart from that.
My grandmother died in the house on New Years Eve 1983 - and between her death and her funeral a week or so later - my aunt swore she could hear footsteps moving about the house at night (me and my sister overheard this and weren't meant to know). I remember waking up in the early morning, and lying scared in my bed, hearing what seemed to be the sounds of banging somewhere in the house.
There was always an atmosphere in the house after that over the next few years - and I would always be glad to leave it, wondering how my Granddad could stand living alone there (which he probably didn't notice, because no-one did apart from me I thought).
Nothing else of note until 10 years later - 1993, when my grandfather died shortly before Christmas, and my cousin died shortly after Christmas. I know that over the Christmas period, my aunt and cousin had stayed in the house. My cousin died in pretty odd circumstances - an accidental (?) overdose of headache pills and alcohol. She had only just 20. The whole thing pretty much messed my aunt up unsurprisingly - and she ended up going to a medium in the year following her death. I'm relaying second hand information here (second hand information from 30 years ago at that) - as this is what my Mum told me after my aunt told her. My aunt was quite unsettled by her meetings with the medium who told her some things about my cousin that only she could know (apparently), and also said, oddly enough, that her death had been 'planned', and that my cousin's spirit was going to haunt the person who was with her on the night she died (the person in question didn't inform the police immediately when he discovered her in the morning. As I said, odd circumstances).
Between her death and her funeral, the people living next door to her said they could hear footsteps and music in the house at night - she ended up being buried in the same graveyard as both my grandparents.
Around about this time (though it could well have been a year or two before maybe) - my Mum told me that the son of the house next door had been found dead (I don't know if he was living at home or not) from drinking illegally brewed alcohol. Weird parallels of a kind with my cousin's death - and I always connect my cousin's death with that house somehow.
I was keeping a diary at the time, and a few years later I found an entry just after Christmas of that year. I hadn't seen my cousin in years (since 1987 to be exact) and would have liked to have met up with her again. I missed her by 5 minutes or so in the local town, and my diary entry read 'looks like I'll never see my cousin again' - which turned out to be very true, as she died a couple of weeks later.
My sister got married in 2006, and during the reception I was talking to my aunt about the house - about how spooky I found the house. She said that she had felt the same about the house when she was a kid too - particularly being upstairs. I told her about the ghost I thought I had seen, and she told me that my cousin had said that she had 'seen things' in the house too. Over that period when she and my aunt had stayed in the house, she said that she was convinced the house was haunted, and wondered what had been on the site of the house before it had been built (farmers fields I imagine).
Anyhow, that's it - a rather unsatisfying story really - and nothing that can't be explained away rationally - but it's stayed with me throughout my life, and whatever did or didn't happen in the house, certainly got me on the track of being interested in Fortean subjects.

Not really sure where to put this. Thursday night early hours I got up to go to the loo and I could smell perfume in my bedroom. I hope it wasn’t the Queen popping around to everyone to say bye because my place was in no fit state. Maybe she wanted to see what places really looked like. :wink2:

It’s just odd.

Not really sure where to put this. Thursday night early hours I got up to go to the loo and I could smell perfume in my bedroom. I hope it wasn’t the Queen popping around to everyone to say bye because my place was in no fit state. Maybe she wanted to see what places really looked like. :wink2:

It’s just odd.
Do Parma Violets constitute a significant part of your dietary requirements ?

Back