• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

As I waited for the green light in one of the more mixed parts of town, on my bicycle, a guy drove up to the line on a golden motorcycle!
Something like this, but more transformer style and even more gold.
https://freedesignfile.com/289490-golden-motorcycle-stock-photo/

He looked like a hard street guy, so I respectfully signalled if I could take a picture. He declined with a dominant, but not aggressive nod. For a moment I felt like I was in a gangster computer game :)

He looked like a hard street guy, so I respectfully signalled if I could take a picture. He declined with a dominant, but not aggressive nod. For a moment I felt like I was in a gangster computer game :)
Love bikers! As long as they're around, there's never a problem.
My husband looks like an ex-biker.

A late friend of mine, Spider was his name always vouched for biker bars. If in a strange town he always asked if there was a biker bar.

We used to drink in The Fat Scot in Lancaster, sadly now not trading. But we do have The Pub, where band Massive Wagons started out. If you go to YouTube and look for their video for the song Ratio it was filmed in The Pub.

A few months ago I was using an eyeliner pencil at home when I dropped it and knew instinctively, almost before it hit the floor, that it was lost. Sure enough it wasn’t anywhere to be found, there wasn’t anything else on the floor except my shoes and it hadn’t rolled under a cabinet. I recently moved house so removed everything from that room and it never turned up. Not an earth-shaking revelation but slightly strange!

As I waited for the green light in one of the more mixed parts of town, on my bicycle, a guy drove up to the line on a golden motorcycle!
Something like this, but more transformer style and even more gold.
https://freedesignfile.com/289490-golden-motorcycle-stock-photo/

Declined with a nod?

Must have been in Bulgaria.
In Egypt and Israel, a 'tut' with a slight head raise means 'no'. When someone first 'tutted' at me after I'd asked them a question, I thought the guy was being ignorant, as I didn't know this rule at the time, and a tut to us is quite offensive really. And then there's all the hand gestures and their meanings. Maybe we should have a thread on all the different ones used around the world.

In Egypt and Israel, a 'tut' with a slight head raise means 'no'. When someone first 'tutted' at me after I'd asked them a question, I thought the guy was being ignorant, as I didn't know this rule at the time, and a tut to us is quite offensive really. And then there's all the hand gestures and their meanings. Maybe we should have a thread on all the different ones used around the world.
Well, they did have King Tut!

Park police in (Washington DC suburb) Silver Spring, Maryland, arrived in time to prevent a park visitor from activating the speaker system he'd set up on his van ...

MD-VanStereo-2207.jpg
Other park visitors and local residents are thankful the authorities stopped this guy before he got started. On the other hand, now everyone's curious as to what he was intending to do.
Park Police mute giant speaker system at Montgomery Co. park

A man at a park in Silver Spring had to stop the music before it began thanks to Park Police in Montgomery County.
Maryland-National Capital Park Police posted photos of a white van with a huge speaker system set up in the parking lot of Sligo Dennis Park on Wednesday evening. From the picture, you can see stacks of speakers outside the van as well as in the back trunk. According to a tweet from Park Police, an officer addressed the owner of the vehicle before it "had a chance to become a nuisance to park patrons and residents." ...

Park Police also offered a polite reminder that amplified music is prohibited in all parks. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...-park/65-e697d575-8f73-46a5-833a-657ea38d21b3

Last edited:
Park police in (Washington DC suburb) Silver Spring, Maryland, arrived in time to prevent a park visitor from activating the speaker system he'd set up on his van ...

Other park visitors and loca residents are thankful the authorities stopped this guy before he got started. On the other hand, now everyone's curious as to what he was intending to do.

FULL STORY: https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...-park/65-e697d575-8f73-46a5-833a-657ea38d21b3
Heehee .. that reminds me of the mid 90's 'Bug Jams' ... festivals with kids turning up with that sub bass stuff in and on their vans. One bloke put an 8 pack of beer on his van roof, cranked up the volume and I watched that heavy 8 pack bounce down the roof and fall off.

Going to be 95 Degrees here for a few days, with horrendous humidity. :)
Today only 86 Degrees, Mr. R went fishing with a friend of ours today on his boat out in the ocean!
And almost 2 weeks later, it is still 95 degrees and more, with horrendous humidity.
With no real relief in sight, I've been putting my hair in braids to cool off.

Things didn't work out that well for her.
Besides, we still don't believe you. Anyone can put up a picture of someone else to claim that they're the same.
I'm really strong.....look!
1658494241340.png

A minor strangeness concerning my kitchen and @Ronnie Jersey.

For a while I kept getting the strong impression that she was actually watching me, such a sharp impression that I'd turn round fully expecting her to be there! It would come spontaneously not because I was already thinking of her.

It would happen when I was getting something out of the corner wall cupboard but not everytime. I was beggining to wonder if she was working on her bilocation skills and was even thinking of sending her a pm on the lines of:-

'I know you are longing to be in England but you've got the coordinates wrong, the village green with the pub and all the old houses is 200 yards due south from where you are fetching up'.

Decided not to be so silly after all people can't really bilocate ... er can they? Unless her UFO experience left her with special powers? Maybe she doesn't even know she's doing it? Perhaps she is even being as surprised as by her fleeting visits to my kitchen as I am at finding her there?

Stop being silly Sollywos! It was an interesting idea to play with for a few weeks until I got to the bottom of it. Don't you just hate it when a seemingly fortean event turns out to have a mundane explaination, even although deep down you knew all along it would have really.

You see that corner cupboard is where I keep my non stick frying pans and to keep them from being scratched I stack them with large flexible place mats in between. Now depending on which one was missing from the stack they could flop over the one below to look like Ronnies hat in her avatar being as how they are made of a material giving a similat effect and being the same colour and flopping over in just the same way!

{Edited to finish writing it ... posted before I'd finished.}

Last edited:
A minor strangeness concerning my kitchen and @Ronnie Jersey.

For a while I kept getting the strong impression that she was actually watching me, such a sharp impression that I'd turn round fully expecting her to be there! It would come spontaneously not because I was already thinking of her.

It would happen when I was getting something out of the corner wall cupboard but not everytime. I was even beggining to wonder if she was working on her bilocation skills and was even thinking of sending her a pm on the lines of 'I know you are longing to be in England but you've got the coordinates wrong, the village green with the pub and all the old houses is 200 yards due south from where you are fetching up'. Decided not to be so silly after all people can't really bilocate ... er can they? Unless her UFO experience left her with special powers, maybe she doesn't even know she's doing it? Perhps she is even being surprised by her fleeting visits to my kitchen as I am at finding her there.

Stop being silly Sollywos! It was an interesting idea to play with for a few weeks until I got to the bottom of it. Don't you just hate it when a seemingly fortean event turns out to have a mundane explaination, even although deep down you knew all along it would have really.

So what was happening was this I can't think why I didn't realiseit right away
LOL - that is very odd, because I have thought of you a few times as well, wondering where you were, I haven't seen you posting very much, and I've gone looking for your posts.
And I do think of England quite often, I've mentioned to my husband that I would love to 'go home to England' because we must move from this dreadful place. I don't know what his thoughts would be on that!
I do know who is on the phone when it rings, most of the time. Or I will think of someone, and there's an email from them. I'll mention someone we haven't seen for ages, and my husband will suddenly say, 'there they are', as we're driving somewhere. Mr. R still says never mind all that, what are the winning lottery numbers??
The one thing that is upsetting me lately is an odd man who moved in next door to us. He is a bit 'off', but very nice and we always speak. Every morning when Mr. R and I are out, we bump into him, and every time we are parking our Jeep when we get home, this man is walking up the block. It's starting to give me the creeps, and Mr. R is wondering exactly who he is now! LOL It can't possibly happen every single day as it does, can it just be coincidence?

You see that corner cupboard is where I keep my non stick frying pans and to keep them from being scratched I stack them with large flexible place mats in between. Now depending on which one was missing from the stack they could flop over the one below to look like Ronnies hat in her avatar being as how they are made of a material giving a similat effect and being the same colour and flopping over in just the same way!

{Edited to finish writing it ... posted before I'd finished.}
LOL - I was just trying on that floppy hat in a store this morning, but it's not the right one, so I didn't buy it!

The one thing that is upsetting me lately is an odd man who moved in next door to us. He is a bit 'off', but very nice and we always speak. Every morning when Mr. R and I are out, we bump into him, and every time we are parking our Jeep when we get home, this man is walking up the block. It's starting to give me the creeps, and Mr. R is wondering exactly who he is now! LOL It can't possibly happen every single day as it does, can it just be coincidence?
You know, in computer games, there are 'NPCs' - Non-Player Characters - maybe this man is one of those?

Back