• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I have to do a covid rapid test 3x weekly and had to do one last night.

Each box has 5 tests and comes with a white plastic tray to hold the tube of solution. I had two tests left. All of the crap is on my dresser cuz 3x's weekly:meh:. So the tray sits on my dresser until I start a new box.

Last night, I got everything set up and, no tray. Huh? I looked and couldn't find it. Maybe I was overzealous and put into recycling. Ok, I poked a hole in the cardboard box to hold the tube and finish the testing.

Off to bed. This morning I get up and grab my watch off of the dresser. And right where it should have been is the plastic tray!

This morning I picked up a loose pin from when I was taking up the bottom of some pants and went to put it on the mantlepiece.
It slipped from my fingers so I thought it must have have fallen into the front part of the heater as I couldn't see it on the floor.
To see in the heater I needed a torch but the children have removed it somewhere in tidying up while I was away so I had to set up a new small one.
That's when I realized that the bars had an open bottom and it would have fallen through.
That's when I noticed the pin standing on end which would be a hard thing to replicate.

This morning I picked up a loose pin from when I was taking up the bottom of some pants and went to put it on the mantlepiece.
It slipped from my fingers so I thought it must have have fallen into the front part of the heater as I couldn't see it on the floor.
To see in the heater I needed a torch but the children have removed it somewhere in tidying up while I was away so I had to set up a new small one.
That's when I realized that the bars had an open bottom and it would have fallen through.
That's when I noticed the pin standing on end which would be a hard thing to replicate.
Could there have been static electricity involved? I find pins can take on odd positions if they are 'charged up'.

Well I had just picked up the 2 pins so not unless it got some from me.

A weirdness just happened right next to me.
I've been cleaning and tidying the house and I made a point of dusting the glass coffee table earlier.
Just looked and saw something odd... sitting on a part of the table I had cleaned earlier was a 2 Euro Cent coin made of copper. It was covered in dust bunnies.
I've never seen this coin before and don't know where it came from, and I don't know how it was just sitting there.

I've been cleaning and tidying the house and I made a point of dusting the glass coffee table earlier.
Just looked and saw something odd... sitting on a part of the table I had cleaned earlier was a 2 Euro Cent coin made of copper. It was covered in dust bunnies.
I've never seen this coin before and don't know where it came from, and I don't know how it was just sitting there.
OK, that is weird.

I've never seen this coin before and don't know where it came from
Try looking at the other side and you should find out.

The euro coin series comprises eight different denominations: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 cent, €1 and €2. The euro coins have a common side and a national side.
The national side indicates the issuing country.
https://www.ecb.europa.eu/euro/coins/2cents/html/index.en.html

So (eg) for Cyprus - The 1, 2 and 5-cent coins show the moufflon, a species of wild sheep found on Cyprus and representative of the island's wildlife.
1661709846456.png

Try looking at the other side and you should find out.

The euro coin series comprises eight different denominations: 1, 2, 5, 10, 20 and 50 cent, €1 and €2. The euro coins have a common side and a national side. The national side indicates the issuing country.
https://www.ecb.europa.eu/euro/coins/2cents/html/index.en.html

So (eg) for Cyprus - The 1, 2 and 5-cent coins show the moufflon, a species of wild sheep found on Cyprus and representative of the island's wildlife.
View attachment 58406
It's the Belgian 2 cent coin from 2000.
Belgium_2cent_2000.jpg

Apparently, it's worth around 5 Euros.

Just found out what a 'dust bunny' is (as I've not heard that term before).
Maybe ~ as you've been cleaning the house, it might have been picked up by the hoover and someone hasn't noticed it getting sucked up?
That would make some kind of sense of where the dust bunnies may have been dropped along with the coin perhaps?

Just found out what a 'dust bunny' is (as I've not heard that term before).
Maybe ~ as you've been cleaning the house, it might have been picked up by the hoover and someone hasn't noticed it getting sucked up?
That would make some kind of sense of where the dust bunnies may have been dropped along with the coin perhaps?
I was just using a feather duster and yellow duster sheets. I have no idea where that coin came from.

I went out to photograph the sunset this evening. On the photo below towards the top left of the photo, in the sky you will see you faint black lines.

They did not appear in the sequence of photos before or after or on any other I took this evening. I'm just curious about them.

I'm not saying that they are aliens...but they are aliens:

04_ Waterskier2_1000.jpg

I think I have a solution. I need to clean the sensor and made a poor job of trying to do it with a blower with bristles on it.

I think that a couple of tiny bristles have travelled across the sensor as I took photos. The vibration causing them to travel and then fall off. The lines appeared on photos 32 and 33 of the sequence.

I may of course be wrong. They may still be something physical.

Last weekend:

I saw a middle aged man walking with his wife/friend and his head and face were fully tattooed. It was professional ink, but still unusual.

There's this deserted tattoo shop. It has a taxidermy fox in the shop window. I saw a little girl checking whether the fox was alive and would respond.
Screenshot_20220906-183029_Chrome.jpg

We were cycling home. A youngish bloke in an electric scooter/wheelchair climbed out of it, took some steps up a curb and started boxing with a streetsign. Later we heard him shouting angrily somewhere behind us.

Tremendous attention to the fact that a double rainbow appeared over Buckingham Castle when the Queen died.

Was this a coincidence or supernatural forces at play ?

In Genesis, God told Noah he would never flood the earth again and God’s proof of this was the rainbow.

Last edited:
Tremendous attention to the fact that a double rainbow appeared over Buckingham Castle when the Queen died.

Was this a coincidence or supernatural forces at play ?

In Genesis, God told Noah he would never flood the earth again and God’s proof of this was the rainbow.
Strangely enough, when a picture of Balmoral appeared on TV with a half-rainbow at the back of the tower, I walked into my kitchen and happened to peer out the window and was taken-a-back, when I saw exactly the same scene of a half-rainbow - seemed very apt appearing just at that moment, then it evaporated soon after.

Back