• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

So this is a strange one.
Last night whilst preparing for beddie-byes, I was getting undressed, and had the sensation that all was not right in my gentlemans downstairs area.
So anyways, I performed a digital investigation of my family jewels, to see what was amiss, when I discovered that the cause of the discomfort was that there was a small piece of sellotape (about the size of a fingernail) stuck to the pubes on the underside of my danglies.

I last had cause to use sellotape about 6 months ago IIRC, and I had to search for it then. I have no idea how a very small piece of it ended up attached to my undercarriage.

l infer that you’ve experienced a cockatoo.
I assume you're making the common humourous quip that the name of the bird 'cockatoo' sounds like 'cock or two', alleging that the target of the quip has received penetrative sex on a number of occasions?
However, it would seem that not only am I unattractive to the opposite sex, I have never had any 'interest' from those 'on the other bus' either (AFAIK).

Nor have I kept, as a pet, a small cage bird any of the 21 parrot species belonging to the family Cacatuidae, the only family in the superfamily Cacatuoidea, which along with the Psittacoidea and the Strigopoidea, make up the order Psittaciformes.

But we did have budgerigars when I was a child. None of which were smuggled in any way.

... I last had cause to use sellotape about 6 months ago IIRC, and I had to search for it then. I have no idea how a very small piece of it ended up attached to my undercarriage.

Was the piece of tape a ragged fragment, or did it seem to be a neatly cut piece?
Were the underpants you were wearing relatively new (e.g., newly-purchased)?

In recent years I've noticed new packages of underwear often have small pieces of tape applied to the individual items - sometimes to bundle multiple items together, and sometimes for no obvious reason at all. In the latter case the tape is almost always on the interior of the item.

Otherwise ... Switch to something stronger - e.g., duct tape - for patching your silicone / vinyl / whatever bedmate. :sneaky2:

Was the piece of tape a ragged fragment, or did it seem to be a neatly cut piece?

In recent years I've noticed new packages of underwear often have small pieces of tape applied to the individual items - sometimes to bundle multiple items together, and sometimes for no obvious reason at all. In the latter case the tape is almost always on the interior of the item.

Otherwise ... Switch to something stronger - e.g., duct tape - for patching your silicone / vinyl / whatever bedmate. :sneaky2:
It appeared to be a neatly cut rectangular piece.
My undercrackers - I don't have any that are less than a few months old, and the newest ones have definitely all been through the wash a number of times.

And I'm so unattractive even the 'inflate-a-ho' launched herself out the open window whilst making a loud farting noise!

I assume you're making the common humourous quip that the name of the bird 'cockatoo' sounds like 'cock or two', alleging that the target of the quip has received penetrative sex on a number of occasions?
However, it would seem that not only am I unattractive to the opposite sex, I have never had any 'interest' from those 'on the other bus' either (AFAIK).

Nor have I kept, as a pet, a small cage bird any of the 21 parrot species belonging to the family Cacatuidae, the only family in the superfamily Cacatuoidea, which along with the Psittacoidea and the Strigopoidea, make up the order Psittaciformes.

But we did have budgerigars when I was a child. None of which were smuggled in any way.
That's a overly detailed and comprehensive rebuttal. Some might say. :)

Some items (here at any rate) have a small round sticky label attached that is often difficult to see. I think it's the 'quality inspection' verification.
And the things I also hate are those plastic tags that are used for bundling socks etc together. They're usually so tightly packed, that to cut the tag(s) means you also cut the garment as well. I once had something digging in my foot and yes, it was one half of those damn things, that had survived the washing machine.

I have on occasion seen people out with big labels hanging off/stuck to their clothes though. I even saw a woman a few months ago with her leggings on inside out.

I'm careful to inspect all new clothing for tags, labels, etc. I even remove the labels that are sewn into t-shirts etc because they are usually made from some kind of itchy-scratchy stuff.
And especially underpants.

Some items (here at any rate) have a small round sticky label attached that is often difficult to see. I think it's the 'quality inspection' verification.
And the things I also hate are those plastic tags that are used for bundling socks etc together. They're usually so tightly packed, that to cut the tag(s) means you also cut the garment as well. I once had something digging in my foot and yes, it was one half of those damn things, that had survived the washing machine.

I have on occasion seen people out with big labels hanging off/stuck to their clothes though. I even saw a woman a few months ago with her leggings on inside out.
I've walked out of shops having paid for an item to find, when getting home, that a security tag is still attached. Those are a total beggar to remove. On this subject our local Tesco has now started security tagging cheese, presumably on the basis that it's more expensive than garments they sell and easier to snaffle.

We women always have trouble with insides outsides. I think it's a specialty in the lingerie/undergarments world. Lets talk gitchies (I'm fully blaming Trev for this tangent:bthumbup:)

Underwear inside out is almost a daily challenge for women. I don't know of one woman who has not ever worn something inside out. The really adept ones have admitted to wearing their panties sideways :freak:. This is an amazing talent.

Backwards/frontwards, inside out not a difficult accomplishment for a woman. Men should be in awe. Floyd must really have the eye to notice that a woman had her leggings inside out:chuckle:.

Backwards/frontwards, inside out not a difficult accomplishment for a woman. Men should be in awe
The afore-mentioned Jeremy Clarkson said he could make pants last for five days by virtue of inside out, backwards/forwards and the special twist. Not that I want to see Mr Clarkson in his pants but I am intrigued by the twist.

We women always have trouble with insides outsides. I think it's a specialty in the lingerie/undergarments world. Lets talk gitchies (I'm fully blaming Trev for this tangent:bthumbup:)

Underwear inside out is almost a daily challenge for women. I don't know of one woman who has not ever worn something inside out. The really adept ones have admitted to wearing their panties sideways :freak:. This is an amazing talent.

Backwards/frontwards, inside out not a difficult accomplishment for a woman. Men should be in awe. Floyd must really have the eye to notice that a woman had her leggings inside out:chuckle:.
In the old days (80's) of boxy short jackets I once went out clubbing with a jacket on upside down.

On this subject our local Tesco has now started security tagging cheese, presumably on the basis that it's more expensive than garments they sell and easier to snaffle.
I know shoplifting has become a very big problem in many places, but I would think that it would be more cost effective to tag the garment than the cheese, since the cheese being smuggled out the door would be easier to smell than the new garment—or is this not true in your area?

I know shoplifting has become a very big problem in many places, but I would think that it would be more cost effective to tag the garment than the cheese, since the cheese being smuggled out the door would be easier to smell than the new garment—or is this not true in your area?
Presumably it's just easier to put a block of cheese in your pocket than stuff a garment down you trousers or skirt.

Presumably it's just easier to put a block of cheese in your pocket than stuff a garment down you trousers or skirt.
It really is surprisingly easy to shoplift. On occasion I've done it accidentally on purpose. All you need to do is mistakenly leave an item in your trolley as you're going through the checkout/self service tills. Have a bag in your trolley that 'falls' onto said item and you're good to go. Garlic/limes etc are the easy ones - bottles of olive oil takes a bit more daring.

It really is surprisingly easy to shoplift. On occasion I've done it accidentally on purpose. All you need to do is mistakenly leave an item in your trolley as you're going through the checkout/self service tills. Have a bag in your trolley that 'falls' onto said item and you're good to go. Garlic/limes etc are the easy ones - bottles of olive oil takes a bit more daring.
Thanks for the tip.

Well this is very minor, but still strange. A car drove past me today, driven by a woman no older than her 30s, and I could hear the music she was listening to. It was the theme from To Sir, with Love, a song I have not heard in many decades - outside of broadcasts of the film - and one that I can't imagine gets any airplay these days.

There's a gay dude who lives in my town who keeps offering me money for sex. We'll call him David (because that's his name), the Mrs finds it hilarious and any time I'm out of work, I get "You could always phone David?.". No amount of explaining to him that I'm not gay seems to put him off. And even if I was gay I wouldn't shag him. He looks like Penfold off Dangermouse.

Back