• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

THEY have had one of my rear cycle lights - it was on the top of the trailer mid-week, then when the In-House GP went to charge it on Friday, it had vanished. I'm damn sure I haven't moved it, nor has Son No 2 - the Teenager hasn't been in the garage this week. IHGP has just ordered me a new one, so that should make Them return it, right?
I suppose you could say - 'in Hindsight' it might well come into view again and shine some light on its disappearance!

The time thing most often comes into play for me at work. We aren't allowed to lock the doors until 10,00pm on the dot. So we start watching the clock at 9.58pm and those two minutes last at least five minutes apiece.

The time thing most often comes into play for me at work. We aren't allowed to lock the doors until 10,00pm on the dot. So we start watching the clock at 9.58pm and those two minutes last at least five minutes apiece.
However, what with York being some 45 miles (ish) to the west of the Prime Meridian, you could always claim that, technically, when the clock says 10pm, it is really more like 9.56pm.

However, what with York being some 45 miles (ish) to the west of the Prime Meridian, you could always claim that, technically, when the clock says 10pm, it is really more like 9.56pm.
I'll try that one next time I'm on shift. But you have to factor in that we live in the middle of the countryside where time moves more slowly anyway...

This should probably come under 'Strange Dreams' but it's more than that in a way, so it's here.

Last night I had a dream that I was dating a man and we were in bed in his house. His house was a converted stable, not much more than one room, with a wooden partition separating it from the next room or building, I'm not sure which. There was a big window at the end and a cobbled floor - it was nicer than it sounds (see Country Living for the sort of thing...).

Now, while I was lying in the bed and he'd gone off to get something, I was looking at the room and thinking that we could knock through the partition to form a larger house, and - and this is the bit that struck me as a bit strange - I was looking at the floor area and imagining how a horse would fit in here, how much floor space they would have to turn around etc, and comparing it to other stables I have known.

I think it was strange because of the 'meta' nature of it. I wasn't simply existing inside the dream and taking the surroundings for granted, I was both remembering and imagining within the dream. Usually I struggle to remember anything when I'm dreaming, even lucidly, and will create an imaginary past. But the past I was remembering in this dream was a real one, stables I have known.

Well, I think it's minorly strange.

One of my friends took me to Probus this morning as I've been unable to go much this year due to operations and covid.
Anyway one of the older ladies I'm friendly with came over for a kiss and later when I looked across the room she looked shiny and perfect like my Mother did just before she died.
Later on she had lost the glow and just looked as usual. I hope she will be ok.
Also I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and thought someone behind me wanted to speak or to get past from the row behind but when I turned there was noone there.
Another friend who just rang said that early this morning about 4am she was woken by the mirror on her cupboard rattling and thought it was a tremor.
She was woken again a bit later by the same thing and looked at the news this morning but no mention of tremors.

One of my friends took me to Probus this morning as I've been unable to go much this year due to operations and covid.
Anyway one of the older ladies I'm friendly with came over for a kiss and later when I looked across the room she looked shiny and perfect like my Mother did just before she died.
Also I felt someone tap me on the shoulder and thought someone behind me wanted to speak or to get past from the row behind but when I turned there was noone there.
Another friend who just rang said that early this morning about 4am she was woken by the mirror on her cupboard rattling and thought it was a tremor.
She was woken again a bit later by the same thing and looked at the news this morning but no mention of tremors.
Eek that's a whole bunch of minor strangeness in a short space. I'd be looking over my shoulder a bit for a day or so.

That's rather odd, as one day last week I was supposed to be watching the TV and happened to nod-off. I suddenly heard the walls of my house give a very short (two-seconds) rumble and wondered what the heck had caused it - and caused me to snap me out of my light nap. So, I went outside (@ 9:30pm'ish) to the front of my house to have a look, and my neighbour had come out of his house for exactly the same reason - we both had no Idea what had caused the very short but distinct rumbling sound. I checked online to see if there had been any tremors noted, but there hadn't been any recorded as such. So, we're still non-the-wiser what it was!

We had an odd one last night. I have mentioned previously about the scales turning on on their own. Well now we have a phantom pee-er.

Last night dad got up to go to the loo but mum said she had just heard me go in there and turn the light on. Being desperate and unable to hold it (especially after his prostate cancer treatment) he went to ‘water the garden’ as we only have the one loo. (Don’t worry our garden is secluded and the only thing he would have upset was a fox.)

He saw the light on in the loo as he passed it and he said he saw it on from outside. The thing is, I wasn’t in there and my Fitbit shows I only woke up when he went out. I got out of bed and trimmed a snagged nail and heard him coming back, wondering where he had been and only after he came back did I go to the loo. There are only three of us, so who was in the loo?

I have a clock in my lounge which is one of those 'school' types of clock. White plastic with black lettering and makes a very loud 'tick' sound.
I am absolutely convinced that the 'second' hand does not move until I look at the clock because often I will look at it and despite the 'tick' sound not ceasing, it appears that the 'second' hand does not shift for easily more than a second, almost as though TPTB have suddenly realised that I'm looking at the time and that the clocks hands need to be moving to keep up the pretence.
I think I’ve mentioned my weird watch experience before.

I was lying in bed with my watch was by my ear. I could hear it ticking but it suddenly stopped when I remembered I’ve had a smart watch for years. Reality is freaky.

There are only three of us, so who was in the loo?

Could it be....?

t1.jpeg

t2.jpeg

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/15514630/mum-2am-stranger-broke-poo-toilet/

Last edited:
My wife and I shared a bathroom and we kinda have an imaginary line drawn down the middle of the room, her stuff on her side and my stuff on my side including towels.

Most of the time she wakes before me and takes her shower.

When I went to take my shower, I said it was OK’d that she used my towels because they were all wet and then she showed me her wet towels.

Now we have been married for a long time, but my wife claims she never touched my towels.

My wife claims she didn’t have a clue to what happened ?

Not a “ big deal “ but we were both extremely puzzled ?

My bedroom was flooded with flashing green lights at three o’clock this morning. For some reason the two Xbox controllers that sit on a charger under the TV decided to start charging simultaneously. Neither has been used in weeks and should have been fully charged.
In the time that the Xbox has sat there this has never happened before. I assume it was a blip in the mains supply but none of the clocks built into the kitchen appliances were flashing this morning.

My bedroom was flooded with flashing green lights at three o’clock this morning. For some reason the two Xbox controllers that sit on a charger under the TV decided to start charging simultaneously. Neither has been used in weeks and should have been fully charged.
In the time that the Xbox has sat there this has never happened before. I assume it was a blip in the mains supply but none of the clocks built into the kitchen appliances were flashing this morning.
I remember the Wii used to shine a spooky blue light across the room when updating. It was a bit unnerving.

My wife and I shared a bathroom and we kinda have an imaginary line drawn down the middle of the room, her stuff on her side and my stuff on my side including towels.

Most of the time she wakes before me and takes her shower.

When I went to take my shower, I said it was OK’d that she used my towels because they were all wet and then she showed me her wet towels.

Now we have been married for a long time, but my wife claims she never touched my towels.

My wife claims she didn’t have a clue to what happened ?

Not a “ big deal “ but we were both extremely puzzled ?
Check your shower isn''t leaking. If my shower curtain isn't firmly tucked in, water will run down the curtain and drip onto the floor and then run into the most odd places. I've sometimes found puddles (not attributable to the dog) in corners a long way from the actual shower because the curtain has become untucked and funnelled the water out.

Strange thing happened this morning, and if wasn’t for the confused look on the faces of my fellow commuters I would put it down to my early morning sleepy imagination .

I am working in the office today rather than work from home, and arrived at London Liverpool Station at approx. 8am. The train pulled in, so I got off and started walking towards the exit, when I heard the following. Bear in mind that the message that came over the PA system sounded automated, rather than live.

The message was this : “Passengers are to be informed that the next departure from gate 24 will be the 09.15 direct service to Epping Town”

Firstly, I was in a train station not an airport so there are no gates only platforms, and the highest platform number at Liverpool St is 19.

Secondly, Epping is at the end of the central line and a tube station, not an over ground station, so there couldn’t have been an announcement at Liverpool St station over ground station, for a direct service to station located on the tube system.

Thirdly, there is no such place as Epping town. It’s just called Epping.

As stated above, I saw the confused looks on the faces of my fellow passengers, so I didn’t imagine it.

Strange thing happened this morning, and if wasn’t for the confused look on the faces of my fellow commuters I would put it down to my early morning sleepy imagination .

I am working in the office today rather than work from home, and arrived at London Liverpool Station at approx. 8am. The train pulled in, so I got off and started walking towards the exit, when I heard the following. Bear in mind that the message that came over the PA system sounded automated, rather than live.

The message was this : “Passengers are to be informed that the next departure from gate 24 will be the 09.15 direct service to Epping Town”

Firstly, I was in a train station not an airport so there are no gates only platforms, and the highest platform number at Liverpool St is 19.

Secondly, Epping is at the end of the central line and a tube station, not an over ground station, so there couldn’t have been an announcement at Liverpool St station over ground station, for a direct service to station located on the tube system.

As stated above, I saw the confused looks on the faces of my fellow passengers, so I didn’t imagine it.
Announcement from a parallel universe? I suppose you could try contacting TFL and asking what that was about.

Bearing in mind the time discrepancy, the 'gate' thing and the lack of any such place, I would expect this was either a 'test' announcement (to check the tannoy was working) or an announcer pissing about.

Could be a coded signal for staff or security

Back