Minor Strangeness

INT21

Antediluvian
Yup, I know what you mean. There was no zoning-out though, it was a busy place with a fast-moving queue (expert servers) and we two were chatting. It felt as if the ground tilted.
So it was four Fridays before Friday 14th September ?

If you can confirm the date then a look at the British Geographical Society's Seismometer readings for the day will show if there were any Earthquakes.

And don't forget that Quadrilla have had to stop fracking due to them causing more quakes.

INT21.

Ringo

Sanitised for your protection
I took this photo of Penzance harbour at night. What I can't work out is what the line of lights are just at the bottom of the cloud line on the horizon. There is no land there, just sky. Some appear to be stars but there are a couple of strange lines of lights. Any ideas anyone?

View attachment 20109
I can see what those lights are. I have had the same effect (which I utilised in a promotional photo for one of my websites). It is a reveresed/ mirror image of the row of lights beneath it, caused by (I presume) lens refraction or something to do with light bouncing in the lens.

You can match the lights just below the cloud to the row of lights on the harbour. Start at the left of the row under the cloud and the right of the lights on the dock. You'll see the pattern matches, (i.e. Bright light, row of dimmer lights, super bright, gap, 4 super bright, larger gap, super bright etc etc).

Eyespy

Junior Acolyte
I think I've solved it. Recently my bar soap has developed teethmarks. Rats or mice are eating it (bad news that I have rats or mice). Perhaps they dragged away the previous bar into their mousehole.
That's how we found out we had mice, It was either my daughter chewing the soap or rodents.

James- if it helps our mouse preferred flowery flavours over coal tar. We did not find any other mousey evidence (we caught him in a humane trap and released near a local government establishment)