• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Was talking yesterday to the friend who had the trouble with the mousetrap in her aviary.
She said that yesterday she had been putting some budgies in a smaller cage as someone wanted to buy them.
She said she had put in 4 but when she went to move the cage there were only 3.
There was no way it could have got out through that cage or the aviary as the doors were firmly shut.
She said either she's getting odd or maybe her late father is playing tricks.
I asked her why I seem to be having some odd things happen to me then at the moment and she said maybe I caught it from her.

Biros. I have at least one in my inside coat pocket for a stab at the crossword on the train home. Biro comes out, biro goes back, next day biro comes out, biro goes back. Next day half a biro comes out .. how does the barrel unscrew and the spring disappear in my pocket overnight ? Not as if this is only happens once or twice or I don't check after use.
Damn tricky things Biros.

Biros. I have at least one in my inside coat pocket for a stab at the crossword on the train home. Biro comes out, biro goes back, next day biro comes out, biro goes back. Next day half a biro comes out .. how does the barrel unscrew and the spring disappear in my pocket overnight ? Not as if this is only happens once or twice or I don't check after use.
After using a Biro I give it a twist to make sure it's not falling apart while I'm not watching. They won't catch ME out again!

I had some a few weeks ago. They were delicious, sautéed in butter, so I was inclined to disbelieve the warnings and ate half the pan full.

I had hours of indigestion and wind!

Oddly, I had eaten this vegetable some years before without any bad effects. Much as I hate to waste food, the remainder went in the bin. :(
Couple of years ago I cleared a pub after eating barbecued cauliflower steaks - to say the stench was unpleasant would do any justice to the aromas that my body emitted. Most embarrassing...

Couple of years ago I cleared a pub after eating barbecued cauliflower steaks - to say the stench was unpleasant would do any justice to the aromas that my body emitted. Most embarrassing...

*licks pencil*

Barbecued cauliflower steaks, you say? Hmmm.

Always carry spare boxers.
What?
hqdefault.jpg

Can't think of a response to that one.

;)

He's at my work sometimes. He is the most smartly dressed man, with the shiniest shoes I have EVER seen. Very polite and friendly too.
He does have ludicrous taste in cars, though.

Pugilist=boxer; especially a professional one.

Back