Minor Strangeness

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

ChasFink

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Very minor strangeness today.

I'm friends with one of the janitors at work. He's the type of fellow who loves to read and has wide-ranging tastes. He makes a habit of disposing of his unwanted books and DVDs by giving them to friends, and often leaves some for me with the shuttle bus driver. (He usually takes the run that precedes mine.) I may have mentioned to him at one point that I read FT, but if I did, I'm sure it didn't leave a big impression.

Today he left me the 1998 U.S. edition of 1992's The World's Most Incredible Stories: The Best of Fortean Times.

Souleater

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
It was called the 'socks on our cocks' tour .. as I remember .. roughly about the same time as 'The Freaky F**king Weirdos' were touring ..
I think the toned it down a bit by spelling it 'Sox on Cox tour'

Trevp666

Reaction score
It would be okay for Brian Cox though cos he could take D:Ream back on the road with "Socks can only get better", in a rehash of their only hit.

Trevp666

Reaction score
No you're thinking of Cox in Fox.

cox in fox.png

Last edited:

Draheste

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
This morning, while my husband was driving me to the bus terminus, I was thinking about Jurassic Parc films, lions and then Hyenas, which as a kid with my sister, we nicknamed Hygienes. (it rhyme in French: Hyène/Hygiène)
I buy my tickets electronically and on activating them, there is always a random word under the QR code. Today, it was and you might guess it : Hyena.
In tune with the universe or what?

Sid

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
This morning, while my husband was driving me to the bus terminus, I was thinking about Jurassic Parc films, lions and then Hyenas, which as a kid with my sister, we nicknamed Hygienes. (it rhyme in French: Hyène/Hygiène)
I buy my tickets electronically and on activating them, there is always a random word under the QR code. Today, it was and you might guess it : Hyena.
Definitely in tune with the Youniverse!

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Next you'll be targeted with adverts for hyenas.

Or possibly hygiene, I don't know your circumstances.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
Hygiene... With sanitizing stuff everywhere for nearly 18 months, it is covered. As For Hyenas...
If some more coincidences happen, I'll post them.
Techy believes his phone listens to him all the time and tries to sell him things based on things he's mentioned.

Recently he was bombarded with Facebook ads for cycling gloves after we'd been discussing them. I reminded him that a. most of his Facebook posts are about cycling and b. he's been looking at them online.

He reckons the ads came when he'd only thought about the gloves, before we spoke, like you with the hyenas. :omg:

Cloudbusting

I still dream of Orgonon
Reaction score
Techy believes his phone listens to him all the time and tries to sell him things based on things he's mentioned.

Recently he was bombarded with Facebook ads for cycling gloves after we'd been discussing them. I reminded him that a. most of his Facebook posts are about cycling and b. he's been looking at them online.

He reckons the ads came when he'd only thought about the gloves, before we spoke, like you with the hyenas. :omg:

I've got something similar - when I google random things I'm thinking about buying my partner then gets Facebook ads for those items, consistently. I don't even have fb, and we're not using the same devices either... :worry: