• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

I had heard they milk giant snails but had no idea what they did with it.
:omr:

Milk it for all it's worth, is what I say!
Doesn't seem to happen in my Countryside area. For instance, two day's ago waiting in a 20 long bus que, two youngish girls (20 + somethings) stepped in front of everyone waiting, and when the bus came in they decided they would be first! My friend that I was with started to make a comment saying - "excuse me. . . but these people have been waiting," it was merely dismissed, and they proceeded to get on the bus in front of everyone queuing for some time - a good number of school kids seem to do exactly the same!
And some are the exact opposite, but that's rare.

I had heard they milk giant snails but had no idea what they did with it.
This chap doesn't know or care!
1637491592830.png

'Encouraged'? How? Is a piece of lettuce waved about in front of them?

I've just gone to walk into our upstairs toilet and there's what looks like specks of tomato juice in a small patch on the otherwise spotless door. I've just asked the Mrs what it is and she's said "It's been there for years?." .. "How come I've never noticed it then?." .. "Because you're you.". it's at eye level as well.

Weird. :dunno:

Last edited:
I know that there is a common thing about the washing machine eating one sock.
This is not something that I think has ever happened to me. I have usually found, if I discover a sock is missing from a pair, that a quick look in the washing machine or tumble dryer and it is found stuck to the inside of the drum.
Today I have 'done a wash'.....and lo and behold, I have a solitary foot-glove left over.
So I have to finally succumb to the podiatric poltergeist.

There are also snail slime therapies where the noble gastropods are encouraged to move around on the customer's face. :cool:
Kinky. I forgot to tell you I opened an all night snail diner a couple of months ago in my back yard. It consists of:

Our back yard table
A saucer of rain water
Two carrot tops

They can't get enough of it then they crash out inside the plastic skull on the table, some of them prefer to munch on the carrot and some of them the leaves sticking out the tops :). It's a snail hangout.

Possibly....and very recently because blood stains turn brown after a couple of days.
I wouldn't speak about it to her any further or she'll know you're onto her.
A quick squirt of this, perhaps?

"But one of the most outlandish TV cop tools, a special chemical that reveals invisible blood traces, is entirely real".
https://science.howstuffworks.com/luminol.htm

Possibly....and very recently because blood stains turn brown after a couple of days.
I wouldn't speak about it to her any further or she'll know you're onto her.
It sounds like you know from personal experience, sir.
I won't tell anyone, I promise!

A quick squirt of this, perhaps?

"But one of the most outlandish TV cop tools, a special chemical that reveals invisible blood traces, is entirely real".
https://science.howstuffworks.com/luminol.htm
You need a special lamp to make the bloodstains glow. They then light up like a xmas tree. :nods:

Used to watch the True Murder shows where Luminol was deployed. There'd be photos of glowing blood spatter or stains on the floor, or sometimes even the unmistakable outine of a body.

This gave the investigators a mixture of feelings which must have been hard to deal with.

This is not something that I think has ever happened to me. I have usually found, if I discover a sock is missing from a pair, that a quick look in the washing machine or tumble dryer and it is found stuck to the inside of the drum.
Today I have 'done a wash'.....and lo and behold, I have a solitary foot-glove left over.
It'll be stuffed down the arm of a shirt or jumper and you'll find it in a few weeks.

It'll be stuffed down the arm of a shirt or jumper and you'll find it in a few weeks.
:nods: Like in the '70s when you've been babysitting and the parents arrive home a little early and you say oh hi, had fun? and stand up to get your coat and your knickers fall out of the leg of your loon pants.

Just me then.

We don't have this problem since we stared shoving socks and what are called with great optimism smalls into special washing bags.
You count them all out and you count them all in again. There is no escape. :cool:

Or inside a duvet cover or pillowcase.

I once woke up in the night with a streaming nose, grabbed what I thought was a hanky from just inside my pillowcase and woke up with a pair of knickers stuck to my face. At least they were clean.

I once woke up in the night with a streaming nose, grabbed what I thought was a hanky from just inside my pillowcase and woke up with a pair of knickers stuck to my face. At least they were clean.
Who's knickers were they?.

Not long after Techy moved in with me I washed his bedding and found a woman's sock in the duvet. It was a nice sock; pale turquoise and white cotton mix slubbed yarn, my size. Wasn't mine though.

Just the one sock. I still have it and sometimes take it out of my sock drawer and wonder if the owner will ever turn up to collect this sock and the other sock on offer. :mad:

They were, sad to say, mine own.
I did some washing as a favour for a friend a year or two ago and to my horror, he found a pair of my best M&S apple catchers tangled up with the bedding.
Comforted myself with the thought that while this was mortifying, at least they weren't my gardening pants or my fun pants. :wink2:

Back